It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

The cow worshipers were given the opportunity to repent. Idolatry was punishable by death in Israel too.

The woman that was with Jesus could have reported the instance, but the passage doesnt say that Jesus walked alone on the mount of olives. It says that He and the woman were left alone, as in ther Pharisees stopped harassing them.

You seem to have a deep seated resentment for Christians. Like everything I say to you is automatically wrong. You should seek professional help and work some of your emotional issues out. They are clearly clouding your mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

"Let us make man in our image."

We were not maid in the image of angels, so who else is God refering to? Where angels made in God's image too? Cause Christ was incatnated as the Son of Man, not the Son of Angels.

Yes, the angels were created in God's image too. They appear like men throughout the Bible.

I take issue with that I had even made a thread discussing it days ago. Acording to the bible god has no physical form when speaking of being made in ones image it doese not mean physical appearance. God is supposed to be omnipresent there is no singular body that way. Also angels of the bible originally did not look anything like humans that came about much later.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

You know, plurality does not violate singularity. Singularity is composed of many fractions. One egg has yoke, white, and shell. One believer has body, soul and spirit. Our mind is logic, emotion and subconscious. A single point requires height, depth, and width.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Let me set you straight. I have a deep deep dislike for religion in a whole. ALL OF IT. not just Christians. WOW what a god you beleive in .One who would murder one over worshipping an idol. Your putting your all into worshipping a god that would kill you for worshipping something other that himself. How disgusting is that?

I do not beleive in any of it. And I actually like calling you all out on the contradictions, then watch as you bible babble your way around it. It sort of lets you all show the real you.....Now , as far as psychotic problems, dude, I aint the one worshipping a fairey tale and dancing my way around the contradictions in the bible. Trust me when I say, as far as being an atheist, I live in reality. My reality is far more clear than yours. Mine is not clouded by religion and the worship or worry if I'm doing what god wants or he'll/she will smite me. I'm 50, and I aint been smited yet. Why is that ?

Let me know when the FACTS & LOGIC folks show up,so far Ive seen none.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

You know, plurality does not violate singularity.

You are teaching from the Kabbalah, not the Bible.

Singularity is composed of many fractions. One egg has yoke, white, and shell. One believer has body, soul and spirit. Our mind is logic, emotion and subconscious. A single point requires height, depth, and width.

None of those have separate personalities.
edit on 5-9-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thanks for setting me strait. I misunderstood the true spectrum of your rage against the Ceator in general. Lets practice a little thinking exercise shall we?

Lets assume that darwinism, big bang, (and/or whatever other atheistic doctrine you wish to emlpoy are true). How were we created? Ok, lets assume we evolved from slime. Ok what made that slime? A chemical reaction from the creation of the planets? What created the planets? The big bang? Well, what caused the big bang?

How do you go from non-existance to existance? I have yet to see science create something from nothing. Ive yet to see proof that all creation is lacking an intelegent pattern.

Lets see how you side step that.

Back to Israel. Israel was delivered from slavery on the condition that they worship their true God. They violated that contract by worshipping the cow in the desert. So God had every right to execute His justice. If the Jews wanted to worship a pagan god, all they had to do was stay in Egypt and worship the god of their masters. Its ironic that they walked all those miles as free men only to return to the god of their masters.

So, the only contradiction is in your mind. Seeing as you have already rejected any notion that your Creator exists. Denial of the truth always results in illogical pandering and psychosis.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by ZeroReady

You have absolutely no respect.

And, it is The Living Word, not what you call a Bronze Age document that saved/saves us. The Word is The Holy Spirit. He who knows Him, hears His Word.

Two choices. Live in the flesh, or live in spirit.

Ok. Just to be clear on this, what I am saying is that theists of all types tend to refer to their holy books any time they're asked a question about their religion. The Bible, for example, is often the only source cited by Christians for "facts" concerning their faith.

How can you possibly call this document holy, or the word of god, when it has been ceaselessly edited, reinterpreted, and redacted throughout its history, most often by maniacal bloodthirsty racist popes?

So are you saying that the Bible isn't the"word" of God, but rather his spirit is? If that's the case than why would religions go through so many changes, split into so many different sects, and fight countless wars over who's right about it? Can god not simply make his word or spirit known to everybody, so that we could just get along and use the gifts you say he gave for some universal good, rather than simply coming up with better ways of killing each other?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Other than BS & bible babble. Exactly what imperical PROOF do you have that any thing in the bible is real? Or God is real for that matter? Nothing, nathan, nada. zilch. So keep on suspending that reality to fit your beleif. I'll keep on keeping on. And I'll still be as antagonistic as I am to ALL bible thumpers. And I'm still waiting on the logic & facts to appear. Where for art thou Zeroready? Need some Logic and Facts. Because your the only one that has brought any into this thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yea Zeroready, It's obvious that killing in the name of God is allowed. But killing for the sake of killing is a sin. WOW another suspension of reality. Go figure. Killing in the name of God...how damn ridiculous is that. What about killing in the name os Santa, or Easter Bunny their make beleive also. Is that allowed?
edit on 5-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownUsr

Dude, your perception of God is all twisted. God is not homophobic, the people who may represent him are! It is always the people that represent God that turn others away with false presentation. "God hates gays" is it God himself that states this?

It's not my perception.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

The Bible says god is a homophobe.

"Exodus 11:4 So Moses said, "This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt-worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal.' Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.

The Bible says God is a racist.

If you have evidence that the Judeo-Christian god known as YHWH is not a racist homophobe, let's hear it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Its long, and they use big words supported by facts, but you should give this a watch.

If you don't have the time, basically the most complicated mathematics being done in the history of mankind are suggesting that just as matter and anti-matter cancel each other out when they collide, the opposite can happen when there is nothing. Something can indeed come from nothing, when you understand what nothing actually is, and isn't.

edit on 5-9-2013 by ZeroReady because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

openyourmind1262

Other than BS & bible babble. Exactly what imperical PROOF do you have that any thing in the bible is real? Or God is real for that matter? Nothing, nathan, nada. zilch. So keep on suspending that reality to fit your beleif. I'll keep on keeping on. And I'll still be as antagonistic as I am to ALL bible thumpers. And I'm still waiting on the logic & facts to appear. Where for art thou Zeroready? Need some Logic and Facts. Because your the only one that has brought any into this thread.

I like your side stepping technique. Ill have to take a few notes from you.

I have no proof to offer that God exists. If you'll read my first post on this thread you'll see that I never said I did. When I asked Him with faith in my soul, He continues to answer.

The real issue here is that you are dodging the unavoidable fact that the Universe has a conscious Creator. All chain reactions have a starting point. It is your responsibility to ask Him the hard questions. You'll never learn anything screaming like a brat with your fingers in your ears.

So I ask you again. Prove to me that God does not exist. And stop avoiding the question.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

ZeroReady

Its long, and they use big words supported by facts, but you should give this a watch.

If you don't have the time, basically the most complicated mathematics being done in the history of mankind are suggesting that just as matter and anti-matter cancel each other out when they collide, the opposite can happen when there is nothing. Something can indeed come from nothing, when you understand what nothing actually is, and isn't.

Ill watch it when I get more time, but I no longer subscribe to quantum theory. Im an electric universe man. Any ways, they still cant prove that the Universe spontaneously combusted from emptiness without a Creator to guide things.

Ill be sure to have my dictionary for those big words.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

There's the written Word, the Scripture & The Living Word, which is Christ. God in Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God, fully God and yet fully man, who came to reveal God to man and redeem all who believe in Him from their sin.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,” John 1:1.

As i have stated on several threads, i will say it again. It is shocking how many churches and leaders are not teaching the TRUTH. There are many misguided souls, and, these teachers will pay for misguiding God's children.

Still, it is up to oneself to find the truth, not? And it is not difficult, 'cause His Holy Spirit is with us
You need to seek, trust and obey. You need to listen & see, with your spirit, forget to trust in the flesh. And, to receive guidance, just ask Him.

I can write and write. I'll either be laughed at, or ridiculed
But, maybe i can bring one soul closer to Him

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I know your reply was not directed at me but I felt compelled to respond.

Well, what caused the big bang?

No one really knows. There are select few physicists who don't even fully accept the model. However, even if the big bang did not create the universe as we know it the idea that we were created by some grand intelligence is still without merit.

Science is about the find the best possible explanations for the existence of phenomena. Why? Because it is the most accurate method available to us. The one thing it does not claim is absolute certainty, and it is not so overly obsessed with certain theories as to lead the entirety of the method to some form of dogma.

To be honest there really does not have to be an explanation for the universe. There obviously is one but it is entirely possible that it will never truly be understood or discovered.

And you know what? I'm fine with that.

The real issue here is that you are dodging the unavoidable fact that the Universe has a conscious Creator.

Obviously it is not a "fact" as people seem to disagree on the subject.

So I ask you again. Prove to me that God does not exist. And stop avoiding the question.

How do you prove that something does not exist?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by openeye

Look, this wont have any merit, because I cant prove it. But I have run into supernatural events before. Sleep paralysis, astral projection, lucid dreams, the old hag, astral spiders, the shadow people. Now, if this phenomenon was limited to me alone, I would write it off as hallucinations. But I have had friends (non-related) and family that have the same or similar experiences synchronized to mine. Look up astral spiders. I thought it just happened to me until I found out that it has been going on for thousands of years.

I know demons exist, because they openly harrasse me from time to time. They do things that violate the laws of physics and relativity. They run from Jesus' name (sounds corny, but it works).

So nothing can convince me that an afterlife doesnt exist.

If we would just try to understand these things with scientific principles (namely the electromagnetic theory), it would be obvious that God exists.

You can call me crazy, but ive never heard of double or triple blind shared psychosis.

But try telling all that to the atheist lobby.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My side step technique? I have no need to prove God is imaginary.... If you did not have that bible....where would your education of God come from? Thin air? Want some proof. Innocent children die each and every day all over the globe is dispicable ways, at the hands of others. Why does God let that happen? Because he/she is imaginary? Why do we have millions of folks worldwide dieing of starvation? Could your God not fix that? Because if he/she could and did not....that's just dispicable? Innocence is all godly is it not? Why does he let them die? Why do we kill each other off in every way imaginable to man? why would your God let that happen? Why? He/she is imaginary//and imaginary beings cant do anything. If god could fix all of this and choose's not to then that's not a God I wish to have anything to do with. It's evil to watch innocent children suffer. But I know how you'll respond, God is calling them kids home to live in the riches of heaven.BS. As far as side stepping an issue. You bible thumpers side step the contradictions in YOUR book of BS, so much and so well,..... you alll need to start a dance studio to teach the Bible Shuffle... Really it may take off and be the next big thing. Without that bible....you have nothing at all. One last question. Do you beleive Jews are Gods choosen people? If you do and your not jewish....where you stand with that is on the outside looking in.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

All these horrible disasters happen because man chooses these things over God. Its our doing, not God's. Soon He will come and set things strait. Hope you will have change your mind by then. Because 2023 is not very far away.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Well you aren't talking about nothing buddy. You are talking about SPACE(which is something) with no matter in it. The Nothing that the original singularity came from was true nothing no laws of nature, no space, no time, and no matter.

And he is wrong about which Nothing the Bible refers too.
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Just to prove my point. "Through him ALL things were made." That would include space.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

All these horrible disasters happen because man chooses these things over God. Its our doing, not God's. Soon He will come and set things strait. Hope you will have change your mind by then. Because 2023 is not very far away.

You're giving him two years longer by my count. 1948 started the clock. This is the last generation on earth. Biblical Generation as per Psalms is 70-80 add this to 1948 you get a time frame of 2022-2028. This is the latest possible dates for the end of the tribulation so we subtract 7 from both 2022 and 2028 we get a time frame for the rapture to occur in between 2011-2021. I do not believe God will wait til 2021 however based on what I have learned about the astronomical signs he is presenting us with.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join