It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder what web bot has to say about todays events...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I put this hear because this thread would do well in anythread and any number of topics related to just about any forum on this site.

I wonder what the web bot would have to say about the current events.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

sorry, i clicked on this thread because
I thought you were going to tell me?

carry on

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Likely nothing, as web bot was rather sketchy and unfounded to begin with. It ended in Dec 21, 2012. Funny how that timing was set up. Of course, we all fell for it somewhat.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Whats a web bot?...is it a sneaky tool?.
...The weather shall be delightful says the webbot?
I have no Ikea about web bots...wtf...seriously

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by eso322

When the Mayan calender was predicting the end of the world in 2012 some guy created computer program called the Web bot that was supposed to make some prophetic predictions about the end of the world. The program was originally created to make forecasts for the stock market. But they started trying to use to predict things.

It supposedly worked but then off course the end did not happen so it kinda just fell off radar. Lol

The Bot

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The Bot

Originally posted by dlbott

reply to post by eso322

When the Mayan calender was predicting the end of the world in 2012 some guy created computer program called the Web bot that was supposed to make some prophetic predictions about the end of the world. The program was originally created to make forecasts for the stock market. But they started trying to use to predict things.

It supposedly worked but then off course the end did not happen so it kinda just fell off radar. Lol

The Bot
....RO-bot

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dlbott

reply to post by eso322

Actually, I think that you're referring to TimeWave Zero, which is the "predictive mechanism" that fell apart on 21 December 2012, though most people figured that it had gone off the rails long before that.

Web Bot was a program that searching the World Wide Web, collected data on what people were talking about, and attempted to pull together some predictive powers based on that -- if lots of people were talking about Apple, for example, in a positive manner, that might be indicative of a stock rise. I think it made one absolutely spot on prediction over the years, and some people hang onto that, but pretty much everyone who's objectively looked at it, including myself, says it's a joke.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Was that the thing where some guy named Cliff High was associated with it?.

Ya gotta question anything when a name like Cliff High is associated with it.

Did his parents give him that name, I seriously doubt it...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eso322
I put this hear because this thread would do well in anythread and any number of topics related to just about any forum on this site.

I wonder what the web bot would have to say about the current events.

Can it talk?

How about something to show what Web bot is, what current events you're taking about and want to know what web bot would say about them?

new topics

top topics

join