It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Vehicles........... In Pencil!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is something I started doing going back about ten years to my days as a sophomore in high school. I first got the idea as a suggestion by a friend of mine in English class a few weeks after the events of September 11, 2001. The first ones turned out like something normally would after you've just started and finished your first ones. Over the years since then, I had grown away from doing these drawings and not doing any over the past few years. Up until recently I hadn't really thought about doing any drawings. That was until a few months ago when I decided to take a break the internet and ATS for about a week. So I grabbed some paper and a pencil and drew the first thing that came to mind and this is the result.

Charleston, West Virginia Fire Department's fictional "Collapse Rescue 1" as it would be.

After completing that drawing, it all started to come back to me as to how I did these. The next one to be down was another fictional rig for the local police. An "Emergency Services Unit" for the Charleston Police Department. This one being an inspired by those huge Mack E.S.U.s of the New York City Police Department.

Next one to be done was another one for the Charleston Fire Department and their "Kanawha City" Station #6. Years ago, this station was assigned a tower ladder that was quartered there with Engine #6. Truck Company #6 was disbanded several years ago when the engine company and the truck company were consolidated to make room for an ambulance in the station after the merger of Charleston Emergency Medical Services after 1996. This is my representation of that same company if it were still around today with a brand new 2013 Spartan/L.T.I. rig.

The next truck is one that just popped into my mind while waiting on my computer to de-fragment the other night. After looking up a couple of things for inspiration that did not work or wouldn't have worked. Final inspiration for this comes from Squad Co.'s 1, 18, 41, 61, 252, 270, and 288 from the Fire Department of the City of New York.

This next one is a work in progress and should be completed by the end of the week. This is a 2013 Ford/McCoy Miller box ambulance that is currently in progress.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Awesome drawings gimmie
You got some nice talent!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thank you Fungi!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just got finished with this one.

new topics