Chickpeas: Slave-Food of the Monument Lords!

page: 2
21
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 


I prefer chickpeas with some masala and toasted almonds.




posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 





I prefer chickpeas with some masala and toasted almonds.


Delicious, creamy perfection on a plate; now, where the hell am I gonna get it at 11:30 on a Sunday morning?

Thanks for being here, BFFT.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 





I prefer chickpeas with some masala and toasted almonds.


Delicious, creamy perfection on a plate; now, where the hell am I gonna get it at 11:30 on a Sunday morning?

Thanks for being here, BFFT.



Dunno. But since its Monday morning, maybe you can find some



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fava beans and a nice chianti......

j/k
Nice thread op-but allow me to point something out.
Any plant that is supposedly high in a mineral,do not believe it.

A plant can make protein,fat sugar and vitamins. But they cannot make minerals,or the actual things on the periodic table of elements. Zinc,magnesium etc.
They grab that from the ground. If the soil has any left to take.

In this day and age of commercial farming with commercial fertilizers,I would be willing to bet that most plants do not have the mineral content that they used to have. Eat your chickpeas,enjoy...but make sure you take a good multi mineral.



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


Ok, gig's up, I forgot it was Monday. I guess I'll just wait half an hour and find an Indian food buffet?

edit on 2-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   


First time I had falafel was from a vendor in Jerusalem.
Fried chickpeas, tomato, onion, shredded lettuce, a fresh pita (still hot), cold cucumber dressing and cilantro.

Great way to start a day of wandering around the old city.

I still make falafel once in a while and I love hummus.

The chickpea also boosts serotonin.
Keeps those pyramid building mobs cheerful.



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 

Not sure about Thai fish flakes but if the process of making them is the same (catch fish, salt, sun-dry till hard as wood, grate into flakes) it probably will work.

Vegetarians and vegans can leave the fish flakes out and the recipe will still work pretty well. Actually, in my country, they mostly leave it out.



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Would coconut oil work?
Also, is there a version with less fire-power



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe
 

Coconut oil is, in fact, the traditional ingredient, but I can't stand the taste of it. Use it by all means.

For less firepower, simply use less chilli.



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
On a related note...the best in this kind of cuisine:

www.samarrestaurant.com...

if you happen to be near uptown dallas. Other than the turkish coffee (atrocious), it was good. Especially the chickpea dish.

WHen I saw this thread title, I thought of Samar.



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 


Nicely done. I was looking for chickpeas just last week. I was looking for the canned & cooked stuff. Was going to mix it in with some rice and sazon seasoning. Couldn't find a single can at the marts, didn't hit up the mexi-marts though....I should've.

Those garbanzo beans, and my favorite navy beans-the other 'white' bean, seem to pack a nutritional powerhouse of goodies. I'd eat that stuff over animal flesh any day, as long as that day didn't include ribeyes cooked medium with the fat cooked to a crisp..



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 


Thanks! I am going to get some tomorrow.....I will be back to let you know what I think...but I'm SURE I'll love it just from the pictures!



posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister
 


Oh man....I'm getting hungry
Can't wait to try it...Thanks!



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nice thread OP.



Originally Posted by BlackSnake: Nice thread op-but allow me to point something out. Any plant that is supposedly high in a mineral, do not believe it. A plant can make protein, fat sugar and vitamins. But they cannot make minerals, or the actual things on the periodic table of elements. Zinc,magnesium etc. They grab that from the ground. If the soil has any left to take.
In this day and age of commercial farming with commercial fertilizers,I would be willing to bet that most plants do not have the mineral content that they used to have. Eat your chickpeas,enjoy...but make sure you take a good multi mineral.


To BlackSnake: Of course you are wrong, this is the view held by most people. I have trained in diet and Ayurdevic Medicine.

The food we eat is not the only nourishment we take into the body, we also take nourishment in via the air we breathe and the sunlight. The fundamental concept of nutrition is that the energy in food and the energy from the sun (prana) is what maintains the energy in the body.

As for the process of cooking foods, anything, including grains pulses beans etc. The cooking process if over 47 degrees destroys the nutritional content. You are in fact eating dead food. Which comes to the question ‘how does man survive then’ if the food’s dead. The answer is we each have an allotted amount of stored energy from birth. The Chinese calls it Ancestral Chi, when this is depleted; man succumbs to disease, or dies.

There are so many poor people in the world who can’t afford to eat properly, yet the answer lies in sprouted seeds, grains and legumes.

One cup of soy beans or alfalfa seeds yields up to 10 times its bulk in sprouts and will nourish a large number of people, than if that particular cup of beans/seeds was cooked and will provide a greater amount of vitamins, proteins and minerals than the cooked food.

Did you know that half a cup of soy bean sprouts contains vitamin C equal to 6 glasses of orange juice. But here is the mystery: there is practically NO Vitamin C in dry seeds, yet tests have revealed that when the sprouts first begin to peep out of soy beans, they tested 109 milligrams of vitamin C, and by the end of 72 hours from the time they were soaked, they contained 706 milligrams of vitamin C! Alfalfa seeds are considered the King of all sprouts containing all of the known vitamins and Potassium, phosphorus and Calcium necessary for healthy bones. And chlorophyll can be obtained by placing the sprouts in indirect sunlight for the last two hours.

All these seeds have the life principle within them which can be liberated by subjecting them to warmth (the Fire principle) and moisture (the Water element) and all the nutriments expanded in them from the universal Etheric tattwa (elements) energy fields.



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
(CONTINUED)…
This quote below was found referenced in a very old book, now out of print. I have not been able to locate the author or the article on the internet, but have included the necessary reference for those who may have more success at possibly locating the article.




(A Viewpoint on Metaphysics – by Dr. Joseph P. Green – St. Louis, Mo. 1919)

Meteors fall out of the interstellar spaces upon our planet. Some weight two to twenty tons and more. They are chiefly composed of nickel and iron. How did nickel and iron get into space? Did it overcome the gravitation of the Earth and fly away? We think not. Did it break away from some other planet or sun? We think not. Nothing could be powerful enough in an orb, or sphere, to force it beyond its own power of gravitation.

Is it possible that all material substance once existed in space as invisible or meta-physical substance, and then crystalized and took form? We prefer to believe that such is the truth. Matter is constantly being turned back into the ocean of invisibility. So then the rule must work both ways. We mean that if the visible substance can be turned back into the invisible, then the invisible can be turned into the visible form, and this is done.

All the elements of a kernel of wheat have been extracted from the atmosphere by Scientists. Gold, Diamond, Iron with sufficient heat can be floated out into the atmosphere as invisible substance and we breathe it, move in it, unaware of its presence. When man knows enough he will take food, clothing, material, heat, metals, oils, etc. out of the atmosphere and we will not need to wait on the slow process of vegetation and nature to do it for us.
This planet was one day invisible substance. Then, by some power, will, or mind this substance became nebulae, or star dust. Then this same power produced motion or whirl in this star dust. A vortex resulted, and star dust rushed into this vortex, forming a nucleus, which continued to whirl, and star dust added and added until our world (the word comes from whorl) was formed.

The word metaphysics comes this way – “Meta” means beyond, above or over. “Physics” means the law, action or movements of nature, above or over matter. Metaphysical substance is the mother and father of matter. Every building, painting etc. first existed meta-physically in the realms of mind. Then it was put onto paper or canvas. Then in the case of a building, it was externalized with brick, stone, timber etc.

Physical man is of the earth, earthy. Metaphysical man is invisible, yet possessing and manifesting through the physical as his harness. He is greater than the physical harness as magnetism is greater than the magnet. Organs are laboratories in which the metaphysical man performs his wonders of creation.

Turn a horse, a cow, a sheep, or a goose loose in a clover field. The horse makes flesh and strength; the cow flesh and milk; the sheep mutton and wool; the goose flesh, eggs and feathers out of the same food. Why this difference? It is all due to the chemistry of the metaphysical power and intelligence in each animal. Metaphysical man can create any chemical needed in the laboratory of his physical body.

Where are the fruits, vegetables and foods that we will eat ten years from now? How will they get here? By the slow process of mind in plants, trees etc. unless the metaphysical man uncovers enough knowledge, so that man shall know how to produce them quickly as did Jesus the wine at Cana, and the loaves and fishes on the shores of lake Gallilee.



Everything comes out of the 'Aether' .... Enjoy.



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Chickpeas are beyond awesome, and on Saturday i verily smeared my face with a yummy Chana Massala. But if someone were to really want to get me off then they could always stuff me with Falafel at one end and Bhaji at the other while pumping Hummus up my nose and rolling me in gram flour. Hukka hukka!

As for working afterwards though, screw that.... i've never been able to eat the things to the point of just "not hungry no more" and have to go all stuffed to the gills, like.

Thanks for a jolly entertaining read



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiram
(CONTINUED)…
This quote below was found referenced in a very old book, now out of print. I have not been able to locate the author or the article on the internet, but have included the necessary reference for those who may have more success at possibly locating the article.




(A Viewpoint on Metaphysics – by Dr. Joseph P. Green – St. Louis, Mo. 1919)

Meteors fall out of the interstellar spaces upon our planet. Some weight two to twenty tons and more. They are chiefly composed of nickel and iron. How did nickel and iron get into space? Did it overcome the gravitation of the Earth and fly away? We think not. Did it break away from some other planet or sun? We think not. Nothing could be powerful enough in an orb, or sphere, to force it beyond its own power of gravitation.

Is it possible that all material substance once existed in space as invisible or meta-physical substance, and then crystalized and took form? We prefer to believe that such is the truth. Matter is constantly being turned back into the ocean of invisibility. So then the rule must work both ways. We mean that if the visible substance can be turned back into the invisible, then the invisible can be turned into the visible form, and this is done.

All the elements of a kernel of wheat have been extracted from the atmosphere by Scientists. Gold, Diamond, Iron with sufficient heat can be floated out into the atmosphere as invisible substance and we breathe it, move in it, unaware of its presence. When man knows enough he will take food, clothing, material, heat, metals, oils, etc. out of the atmosphere and we will not need to wait on the slow process of vegetation and nature to do it for us.
This planet was one day invisible substance. Then, by some power, will, or mind this substance became nebulae, or star dust. Then this same power produced motion or whirl in this star dust. A vortex resulted, and star dust rushed into this vortex, forming a nucleus, which continued to whirl, and star dust added and added until our world (the word comes from whorl) was formed.

The word metaphysics comes this way – “Meta” means beyond, above or over. “Physics” means the law, action or movements of nature, above or over matter. Metaphysical substance is the mother and father of matter. Every building, painting etc. first existed meta-physically in the realms of mind. Then it was put onto paper or canvas. Then in the case of a building, it was externalized with brick, stone, timber etc.

Physical man is of the earth, earthy. Metaphysical man is invisible, yet possessing and manifesting through the physical as his harness. He is greater than the physical harness as magnetism is greater than the magnet. Organs are laboratories in which the metaphysical man performs his wonders of creation.

Turn a horse, a cow, a sheep, or a goose loose in a clover field. The horse makes flesh and strength; the cow flesh and milk; the sheep mutton and wool; the goose flesh, eggs and feathers out of the same food. Why this difference? It is all due to the chemistry of the metaphysical power and intelligence in each animal. Metaphysical man can create any chemical needed in the laboratory of his physical body.

Where are the fruits, vegetables and foods that we will eat ten years from now? How will they get here? By the slow process of mind in plants, trees etc. unless the metaphysical man uncovers enough knowledge, so that man shall know how to produce them quickly as did Jesus the wine at Cana, and the loaves and fishes on the shores of lake Gallilee.



Everything comes out of the 'Aether' .... Enjoy.


Chiram ,with all respect,I must disagree.Lets leave it at that.

Until you show me a few hundred people who live and thrive just by breath alone I will call your comment and quote unsubstantiated.Sorry.

If you can get me mana I will eat it fyi,I am not close minded.



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake

Originally posted by chiram
(CONTINUED)…
This quote below was found referenced in a very old book, now out of print. I have not been able to locate the author or the article on the internet, but have included the necessary reference for those who may have more success at possibly locating the article.




(A Viewpoint on Metaphysics – by Dr. Joseph P. Green – St. Louis, Mo. 1919)

Meteors fall out of the interstellar spaces upon our planet. Some weight two to twenty tons and more. They are chiefly composed of nickel and iron. How did nickel and iron get into space? Did it overcome the gravitation of the Earth and fly away? We think not. Did it break away from some other planet or sun? We think not. Nothing could be powerful enough in an orb, or sphere, to force it beyond its own power of gravitation.

Is it possible that all material substance once existed in space as invisible or meta-physical substance, and then crystalized and took form? We prefer to believe that such is the truth. Matter is constantly being turned back into the ocean of invisibility. So then the rule must work both ways. We mean that if the visible substance can be turned back into the invisible, then the invisible can be turned into the visible form, and this is done.

All the elements of a kernel of wheat have been extracted from the atmosphere by Scientists. Gold, Diamond, Iron with sufficient heat can be floated out into the atmosphere as invisible substance and we breathe it, move in it, unaware of its presence. When man knows enough he will take food, clothing, material, heat, metals, oils, etc. out of the atmosphere and we will not need to wait on the slow process of vegetation and nature to do it for us.
This planet was one day invisible substance. Then, by some power, will, or mind this substance became nebulae, or star dust. Then this same power produced motion or whirl in this star dust. A vortex resulted, and star dust rushed into this vortex, forming a nucleus, which continued to whirl, and star dust added and added until our world (the word comes from whorl) was formed.

The word metaphysics comes this way – “Meta” means beyond, above or over. “Physics” means the law, action or movements of nature, above or over matter. Metaphysical substance is the mother and father of matter. Every building, painting etc. first existed meta-physically in the realms of mind. Then it was put onto paper or canvas. Then in the case of a building, it was externalized with brick, stone, timber etc.

Physical man is of the earth, earthy. Metaphysical man is invisible, yet possessing and manifesting through the physical as his harness. He is greater than the physical harness as magnetism is greater than the magnet. Organs are laboratories in which the metaphysical man performs his wonders of creation.

Turn a horse, a cow, a sheep, or a goose loose in a clover field. The horse makes flesh and strength; the cow flesh and milk; the sheep mutton and wool; the goose flesh, eggs and feathers out of the same food. Why this difference? It is all due to the chemistry of the metaphysical power and intelligence in each animal. Metaphysical man can create any chemical needed in the laboratory of his physical body.

Where are the fruits, vegetables and foods that we will eat ten years from now? How will they get here? By the slow process of mind in plants, trees etc. unless the metaphysical man uncovers enough knowledge, so that man shall know how to produce them quickly as did Jesus the wine at Cana, and the loaves and fishes on the shores of lake Gallilee.



Everything comes out of the 'Aether' .... Enjoy.


Chiram ,with all respect,I must disagree.Lets leave it at that.

Until you show me a few hundred people who live and thrive just by breath alone I will call your comment and quote unsubstantiated.Sorry.

If you can get me mana I will eat it fyi,I am not close minded.


cool, now what about the fekkin chickpeas man?



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That was an awesome thread my friend! Well put together for a topic such as chickpeas!


In the spring season, I went vegetarian, I couldnt stand eating meat another week. My family eats meat 3-5 times a week, ever since ever. I could feel it was just not good for my body, and my body was begging a change!

So I went vegetarian, cold turkey (instantly changed). I never was big on veggies, beans, or anything that is not in the "main stream diet". I had no clue what I was going to do! I know my muscle needed a major source of protien now, especially because I was working as a sales associate at the Home Depot, Lumber and masonry work (heavy concrete bags and lumber day in and day out).

I started off with an internal cleanse. Cleaning out the body of toxins and food/meat was 'stuck' in the intestines, food which didnt digest completely over the years. I started with; broccoli, kale, parsley, mint leaves, green beans - and ate the, raw. Cut them up, eat em raw


My cleanse lasted 2 weeks, I ate nothing but the greens, and drank nothing but water and tea! (I LOVE my teas, I have a collection
) Around the third week, I could feel immense changes, I lost a lot of weight, that little belly (from the un-digestive food) was completely gone, I had so much energy.. Things were feeling better.

But work was physically demanding (anyone who has been to a home depot in the lumber/masonry isles, will see
how busy it gets in the middle of the day, throughout the week!) and I knew I needed protein sources at this point.

So I went to the grocery store, and bought 3 big bags of peanuts and some almonds. But I knew I obviously needed something more for dinners. I went to find brown rice as well; and down the isle was the beans (I was NEVER a bean eater, bad childhod experiences, lets leave it a tthat).

"BINGO!" I thought; I grabbed every kind of beans there were haha. . I also grabbed something new to me as well, Quinoa, which seemed to be pretty healthy with a god protein and fibre content. Throughout the week I would try a different kind of bean every day, to see which I liked the most. Mixin them with the quinoa and some chopped greens.

CHICKPEAS!



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 


Hummus.. with a little extra spash of oil and some big olives and fresh pita. Perfect.
No one should ever buy store hummus. If I had tried store bought before fresh made I may have never tried it again and learned I loved it.





new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join