It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grays, USO's, Mermaids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Tonight this show was broadcast with new pics, video from submersibles off the coast of Greenland.

animal.discovery.com...

Before everyone goes nuts, hear me out. The few video clips shown from near an oil rig, and another shown from off the coast of Norway (IIRC) showed creatures whose facial appearance were similar to the reported Gray's.
Circumstantial yes....but then I thought about all the USO reports and began to wonder "what if...??".

At face value without a google search the claim was made and allegedly documented this was enough for the govt's of Greenland & the Danish to close down the eastern area off the coast of Greenland to drilling for now. Going just on the coincidence of the facial features being similar is a thin thread without a lot of hard proof, but occasionally if it looks like a duck it just may be a duck.

The additional knowledge of reported & documented USO's in my opinion makes this an angle we haven't looked at before. Are Grays the terrestrial version of what is currently being researched underwater?
I will try to dig up more information, scant tho it may be just in case there "might" be something to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Link to the mermaid footage

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
www.youtube.com...

Link to the mermaid footage

Looks like we have proof that we have an under water relative.
History is in the main not quite what we are taught or lead to believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's a fascinating documentary.

Many abduction contactee's do report aquatic features in some species.

There are stories in antiquity such as Onnanes, which makes the myths that more compelling in my mind.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Wow nice video how authentic is it though? All I could see what a webbed hand is that all that was caught on camera ? Nice to see how this pans out

Also the bearded guy on the video reminded me of the guy from the Hangover films

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Guys,

I can't watch the footage from work but I suspect that this is the same programme they put out a few years ago (with stories of bone spreaers being found in fish and such). If so, it's an interesting watch but is nothing more than a drama.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blooregard

The two videos are of living creatures, but they did talk about the bones you're talking about. Do you have a link for that ?
It looks like the same kind of creature in both videos to me, you can see the face and part of the body in both videos.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Those Mermaid Documentaries are very well made but they are pure fuction:
en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Body_Found

Interesting to watch but exactly such well produced movies are the reason why it is so hard to separate hoaxes from real evidence.
edit on 2-9-2013 by siemis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In the new one they found some old photos of a mermaid exhibit in P.T. Barnum's museum. Looks a lot like the creature that was caught on film by the British Coast Guard with a ridge across its head.

Also, you can see the creatures face if you slow down the submarine footage. Right after the webbed hand hits the window.

It was cool to watch, but seems like pure fantasy.
The aquatic ape theory is fun to think about though.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't know much about mermaids, only seen fakes on YT. Why would it have black eyes and not fish eyes like all other fish species? Looks like a grey alien in the head.

Also what is the proof that these people aren't just fabricating things and the video to be human made to look like a mermaid and the whole thing to not be deep in the ocean but somewhere for example in a pool, faking the environment? I don't know of such expedition.

I watched the 40 mins show and this biologist seems to believe every video and photo posted on YT, what kind of scientist is that?
edit on 2-9-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The film is entirely a work of fiction but at least animal planet had its fun:

Mermaids: The Body Found received 10.2 million views during its US telecast premiere on Sunday, May 27, 2012. This is the network's most watched telecast since the Steve Irwin memorial special in September 2006

I think the most important thing we could learn out of this is that pictures, videos and also so called witnesses telling a story are no longer any evidence for something you see.

A lot of those stories are built on places people never can reach and see with their own eyes like the ground of the sea, the backside of the moon or even the inside of a vulcano.

After thinking about this movies it actually makes me sad that you really cant trust anything you see on tv anymore. it even starts with all those lies in commercials and ends up in movies like those mermaid hoax documentaries. Sure as an adult you can make your mind but specially when you raise children and you tell them they shouldnt lie, the tv could become your worst enemy.

Furthermore does such tv productions harm the credibility of every so called proof or evidence regardless of the topic. in 2013 its actually no longer possible to separate cgi and fakes from any real evidence what doesnt help to find answers in the future. people all over the world are lying for their own profit.
edit on 2-9-2013 by siemis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Especially Thanks for not blowing me off the face of ATS for posting this.

Last night's program was a follow up on the first one which WAS declared a hoax. These types of topics are out of the mainstream enough I certainly won't be screaming "it must be true"!!
What struck me was the Arctic regions the alleged evidence was supposedly filmed in, the sea off Norways east coast, and the east coast of Greenland. Allegedly the film clips were acquired during exploratory work for deep oil well surveys.

Both have oral histories by Aboriginal populations of these alleged beings.
Secondly, the resemblance whether faked or not to the Gray Alien facial features I find both disturbing and curious.

-Did Animal Planet run out of original ideas and just use the Gray reports as a template?
-Did the Video guys use aspects of the old oral stories?
-Did they use the Grays facial features knowing some idiot like me would drag USO's into the mix?

I don't know, all I know is I had a gut reaction to it and these were my questions. In all honesty I was watching Chopped on the Food Network, a friend called me and asked me to tune in the 2nd half of the show. I thought it was going to be a rerun of the hoax show shown in May. During the show I was the one making smart-*ssed comments about "so which one of these guys is the Meldrum of mermaids?" and "Ooooo they're playing bloop calls to lure them in!! Isn't that like wood knocking for bigfoot??" ROFLMAO!!!!!
Facepalm!!!!

Till I saw the mermaid face depicted & thought of grays & USO's. No one had a thread yet on it and I thought that also was odd.

Now if someone comes up with increased USO activity off the east coast of Greenland in the last 2 yrs, and I can dig up the corroborating articles for closing the area off to drilling due to the unusual bloop calls then I'll stop being a sarcastic twit.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I also think the hoaxing & disinfo out there is ruining things, but since I didn't and don't yet think even what we saw on the show was real we don't have to go there, OK?

That isn't what I am or going to advocate.

Until more evidence comes to light, just the fact the MSM is letting images of mermaids as watery Grays be propagated is it's own question. Seriously! there are enough stereotypical images of mermaids they could have run with.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
...Until more evidence comes to light, just the fact the MSM is letting images of mermaids as watery Grays be propagated is it's own question. Seriously! there are enough stereotypical images of mermaids they could have run with...

This is presupposing that the MSN already has knows for a fact that mermaids are linked to grays, and that they are now "allowing" that evidence to be shared with the common person via this "documentary".

I think you need to prove that first before you can say THAT is the reason for them portraying mermaids as gray-like in this documentary -- a documentary that even the producers of the documentary admit is just a "mock" documentary, made for entertainment purposes only.

Perhaps the producers portrayed the mermaids as vaguely gray-like because they knew that portraying them as such would create more interest in this mock-documentary...

...and more interest = more TV viewers = more money to the show's producers and to Animal Planet. The whole point of a commercial TV network is (mostly) to make money.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Like those? haha

I liked that one, was a typical nuts masterpiece.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I find shows like this one depressing. They look cool, but destroy credibility for the entire field. But really it's not the only thing that does. There's just too much out there that seems, well, out of this world. Now I doubt there's "grey" merfolk, simply because it doesn't make much biological sense irregardless of it being a mockumentary.

Now I doooo give the "greyish" looking merfolk more credence than the human with a fish tail, but that's because well, it looks like it's own entity rather than simply a human fish chimaera. As such is more possible it has a more viable biology than a fish human would.

This all being said, I love mermaids, the attractive ones anyway. But I like exotics and that's an entirely different topic wholly in the realm of fantasy and completely unrelated to my beliefs on the possibility of them, and completely separate from what I think the real thing would look like if it existed. Not to mention being something I'd be much less, well, we'll say interested in.

I do find it fascinating though, how greys and merfolk have now been associated. I have even more things to add to my, "Alien Trolls" hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Made for TV" www.slate.com... an.html

The Mermaids documentary is an only "what if", and admitted as much from "ANIMAL PLANET".

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Now correct me if I'm wrong.....

But first a 'mockumentery'was released by a network, just before the release of a more serious documentary came out? Correct? Or is this one and the same and the submareged sub - hand footage, and the speared fish footage near the oil rig were faked?

Is that clip something he took under water with a diver and he is saying this. That it's fake? Sorry I'm confused. This is the first I've seen of this and I watched a documentary online, but I was left with the feeling another movie/take existed with more artist conceptualized computerization?

Cirque

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
"Made for TV" www.slate.com... an.html

The Mermaids documentary is an only "what if", and admitted as much from "ANIMAL PLANET".

Your link was broken. Here is a fixed version of your link:

No, Mermaids Do Not Exist -- What Animal Planet’s fake documentaries don’t tell you about the ocean

edit on 9/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All you gotta ask yourself is how does an animal go from sitting on a rock above water to diving 3,000' down to know that the submarine footage is faked.

I find the aquatic ape theory interesting, but do mermaids exist? Probably not. I put much more stock in Sasquatch theories.

ETA: then of course there is Zack Galafanakis, the "marine biologist" who declares that that ridiculous cell phone footage was "probably real".

I only watched it because the kids wanted to watch it.
edit on 2-9-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join