It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: USS Nimitz carrier group rerouted for possible help with Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The only thing Cyprus would be used for is support anyway, not actual strikes, so no big loss.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think sending a nuclear powered aircraft carrier group into the region is to have some sort of deterrent to hold the Russians back a little in case we do attack.

It is a little different when an ac carrier is around. There is a lot of firepower with one, and it would make any country think twice before firing on our ships.

That's just a hunch though.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I personally think this is all a 'theater', as the US military would call it, where all the elements of BS come out to play. This would include propaganda tailored for each (probably Westernized) nation, and localized/regional media that are part of the system and forced to go along with it.

What would be lovely is a reverse situation on the USA and see how the citizens react to no electricity and thus no central water supply, and of course the worst of all.... no TV.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Something I'v been thinking about lately is well, perhaps for some agenda which we do not know of, it might be good if some major casualties happened on US side.

Something that got me thinking was, at the point the US military is highly demotivated; what better way to bring back some unification, boost morale and pump up the adrenaline then a pearl harbor scenario?

Crazy talk, I know.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It seems US will be going forth, possibly with France and a few others in a target strike against Syrian Military targets. The deployment of the largest ACC in the world is absolute proof, IMO.

In a way, I'm glad they are deploying this ACC because this attack will not be so cut and dry. There will be a retaliation, however large or small, and the US needs to be ready to counter because I truly don't believe the 9 ships in the Med can handle the full repercussion it will face.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
USS Nimitz carrier

USS San Antonio

The USS Kearsarge

just add

Sometimes the most beautiful machines are the most deadly.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It seems US will be going forth, possibly with France and a few others in a target strike against Syrian Military targets. The deployment of the largest ACC in the world is absolute proof, IMO.

In a way, I'm glad they are deploying this ACC because this attack will not be so cut and dry. There will be a retaliation, however large or small, and the US needs to be ready to counter because I truly don't believe the 9 ships in the Med can handle the full repercussion it will face.

Ok, Thanks for your thoughts and input of images of ships in your following post.

What do you think will happen next? An attack? From whom? Who is the target?

Is it necessary? If so, why?

I'm really concerned now if this is all circuses and theaters.. while there could be something incomprehensible (or just not talked about) is going on.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One has to ask, why send so many ships to one spot; seems strategic unwise.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

They aren't in one spot. Even if they were, that's a huge area they can hide in. A battle group appears to be huge, but if you have a several million square mile area, and you in under EMCON you can disappear.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

USS Nimitz Carrier Group Sails Into Red Sea
By Reuters 4 hours ago
gulfbusiness.com...

The USS Nimitz aircraft carrier and four other ships in its strike group moved into the Red Sea early on Monday, U.S. defense officials said, describing the move as “prudent planning” in case the ships are needed for military action against Syria.

The officials said the Nimitz entered the Red Sea around 6 a.m. EDT (1000 GMT), but the strike group had not received any orders to move into the Mediterranean, where five U.S. destroyers and an amphibious ship, the USS San Antonio, remain poised for possible cruise missile strikes against Syria.
gulfbusiness.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join