It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM showing video of object in skies over Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I did a quick search and did not see this posted so I hope that this is not a repeat. I think it is really new. I live in Ohio and a link to a local station on Facebook posted this video, of a mysterious flying formation over Monroe, Ohio I am a little freaked because it is on MSM and not some obscure site. Not good at linking or anything so I hope this goes right I did a copy/paste of the link. It was on WLWT in Ohio if it does not work right. I will put it by itself

.on.wlwt.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I didn't see nothing but street lights and a car passing by.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here's one frame from the vid. Whatever it was, not all the lights are visible in this frame, they seem to twinkle on and off randomly.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That is kinda what I thought first time I watched it, but I put it on full-screen and watched it over and you could see about 4 lights floating on the horizon. As I said the main thing that caught me was that this was from one of the big three MSM channels in this area. I am not a big UFO person, even though I am extremely open minded on the subject. I am more suspicious of anything that is MSM, or possibly dis-information related but posted it here because of the subject.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Their simply isnt enough visual detail to say anything about what it is..
could be a ufo, could be lights, could be a reflection, could be any one of a billion things...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think if it were a flying saucer the car would have stopped in amazement.

What do I know though?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks like Chinese lanterns rising in the background.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Here's the video , I agree with _BoneZ_ the most probable explanation is lanterns .

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not sure if you are familiar with the area. But the Middletown airport over by Smith Park has skydivers. Usually you see them in the daytime jumping in groups. Some attach a giant American flag that can bee seen just about all over Middletown. Well those guys also do night jumps with either flares or very bright lights attached. Those can be seen as far away as West Elkton. So if this was shot in Monroe, even on I-75 by the Solid Rock Church, they would be very visible.

So what we have here are skydivers doing a night jump with their chutes open about to land at the airport by Smith Park in Middletown, Ohio. I have tried to get a buddy of mine's girlfriend to fall for it before by saying they were UFO's but she knows better than to trust me on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

So what we have here are skydivers doing a night jump with their chutes open about to land at the airport by Smith Park in Middletown, Ohio.

You can't beat local knowledge

This year will be the 6th annual boogie, and is sure to be the best so far. Events include world class organizers, rocking live entertainment, and of course skydiving! Saturday’s events include skydiving all day long, the Team Fastrax pyrotechnic aerial display, and the Selection.com fireworks show, which you’ll not soon forget.
6th Annual Skydiving Work Stinks Boogie This Weekend

Seems as good an explanation as any

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That makes a lot of sense, especially since the WEBN Fireworks were going on and you always have a lot of that sort of activity during the fireworks, that had crossed my mind, but I figured Monroe is pretty far away from the Ohio River.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes it is. Monroe is exit 29 on I-75, I believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the problem with such "sightings" is always the same.
its dark and the objects are relatively close to the ground. if there is for example a hill in the background with a street on it those lights could be from cars driving on that street. also the video quality is pretty poor so this could just be anything. the most obvious explanation is surely more related to earth than to a ufo.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

There does appear to be a swooping movement as you might see in sky diving at one stage, not that there are many stages to see though!
edit on 2-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Monroe, Ohio is VERY close to Dayton which is where Wright Patterson AFB is located. Could be some sort of exercise they were doing, or, who knows? It is very hard to tell since the video isn't the best.

FWIW, WLWT isn't known to put stuff like this on the air or their website, so I HIGHLY doubt it is disinformation. Could be skydivers, could be lanterns, could be aliens. But, unfortunately, that video blows.

new topics

top topics

join