It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Topic Firehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was going to post this in an Existing Thread about the new Forum Layout, But it seems they have all been closed, So i will start a new thread on this.

It seems the New Topic Fire-hose still has some bugs in its coding somewhere, as i logged in to see the latest news there and started to think i was having a case of De javu, or some other Extra sensory episode
. I was beginning to think i had already read everything that was listed there, but its been a couple days since i have logged in. Than realized something was wrong after looking at the date stamps and realized i had read all these topics two days ago.

After looking at the New Topics Live Headlines Feed I realized that the New Topics Fire-hose Feed is not updating.

Thought id throw it out there for others to check out and Mods to look into.

Sorry if this has already been brought up in an existing thread already. I did not find anything or anyone mention anything about the Fire-hose issue yet, just other layout things.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have noticed that also. That's why I have been logging onto the new version.
edit on 9/1/2013 by trontech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Good idea for posting about this. I posted here just recent - www.abovetopsecret.com... about having the issues of it being frozen(I use FireFox and Opera) on the old site. Using the new site now and am wondering if we will have a "fire-hose" type page or just have t use the Recent> New one? I also, haven't caught on answer on the issue yet, but perhaps the problem is the "fire-hose" system is glitchy, and or slowing down the servers?
edit on 1-9-2013 by dreamingawake because: added more.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow... I'm so glad it's not just me.
I've had a bunch of issues with Windows lately and thought maybe my Firefox install was screwed up.

The New Topic FireHose hasn't changed or updated for me since Thursday night (or was it Friday?) last week.
I miss it. The new site has a few things going for it, but it's MUCH harder to see an overview of what's going on without the FireHose.

...I miss it!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm here in the new site, I had a bit of catching up to do here myself, and realized what everyone was talking about, having to log into the new site. Yeah Boy is it different, Mixed feelings for me. It looks like the New menu basically is the new Topics Fire-hose.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The new topics has firehose combined on 5/3. If you keep scrolling down at the bottom of the page it will keep showing previous new topics.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Yeah, that's exactly the problem.
I don't want to keep scrolling down - I LOVED the fact that I didn't have to look through walls of text, and just had short, succinct headers to browse through.

We've gone from having 20-30 headers all with unique topics, to having perhaps 6.
I miss the broader overview of the old FireHose.

new topics

top topics

join