It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Monsters: Who thought this show up???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I like the show. It's obviously fake and nothing more than entertainment and the episodes have been getting more and more over the the top lately- even for them. Now I'm starting to like it less because of that.
You can't watch a show like this with the expectations that they are one day... one day going to catch something unless it's a dog or a big pig. It's about laughing at their "Hillbilly-ness" and obviously it's been working.

I mean shoot- they have a disclaimer at the end of every episode saying nothing was hurt, hunted or trapped for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
people love white trash reality TV , this is just the latest thing they are trying . it doesn't have to make sense as long as they are yelling at each other by the end of the show a reply to: ABNARTY

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Agreed, its white trash comedy and at not terribly original, but at least those ol' boys are commited. #, if anything they do make monster huntin look like a damn good time.

"Hold my beer, i got this"

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's popular for the same reason "here comes honey boo boo" was so popular. Who knows! I refused to give that show one second of my time. Thankfully, it's finally been canceled, although not for good reasons.

I don't mind watching some of these monster shows. I loved Destination Truth (mostly because I have a secret crush on Josh) but the Mountain Monsters I can't really watch. At least with shows like Destination Truth or Monster Quest, they go all over the world. Mountain Monsters basically stays in the same area. Must be a popular gathering place for unknown scary monsters.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

This is like that Ghost Asylum show, I believe that one is by "Destination America" too?

I watch that because it makes me fall off my chair with both hilarity and incredulity.

If you haven't seen that one, it's about a bunch of southern country hicks with no understanding of even the most basic science, who go into spooky places to have an investigation (usually punctuated with prayers, gobbledygook and blatant assertions of nonsense as though it's fact) before building a "trap to catch the spirit" lol

I'm not kidding, they're building things like water features with a box inside and a "trigger object" believing that the imagined spirit will walk in and become trapped, then they take it all home and start talking to the box!

It's like a ten year old building a robot out of boxes and glue and then wondering why it doesn't move by itself.

There are quite a few TV shows like this though, and the best way to weed out the bs is by seeing how they present their information. The moment someone on one of these shows claims something they can't possibly prove, they are bs artists and their credibility is shot to hell.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Wild Bill is my hero....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great entertainment! I would rather watch this than a lot of shows nowadays. They will probably be the ones to find definitive proof someday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join