It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my internet is being sabotaged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Everyday Java wants me to update.... everyday I click 'NO'.
My mouse-scroll-wheel doesn't work at random times.
And now my browser is locking up when I'm doing everyday things. Randomly.

Help?

Do I have to have Java...? Why update everyday? Even if I click 'YES'. Everyday. I don't trust.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sounds like maleware is your problem not Java. Is your anti virus up to date?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
Everyday Java wants me to update.... everyday I click 'NO'.
My mouse-scroll-wheel doesn't work at random times.
And now my browser is locking up when I'm doing everyday things. Randomly.

Help?

Do I have to have Java...? Why update everyday? Even if I click 'YES'. Everyday. I don't trust.

You most likely dont need java.
What os are you using? XP Win7 ??

Go to control panel and uninstall java.

From what I've seen it will try to update very often, but it could also be a virus/malware.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Not sure... I use ESET. I didn't think about malaware or virus.... Scanning now...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Windows 7 Home

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Back up all of your important documents, pictures, music and anything else you feel like saving. Put it all on an external hard drive for safe keeping and disconnect it.

Then format your computer's hard drive and re-install windows fresh. You will have to re-download updates and re-install your important software, but i guarantee you, your computer will run faster and better than you remember it running when you first purchased it.

I do this ever year or two, depending on ware and tear. Every program you install or uninstall, every change that is made, everything the other people do on your computer and dont tell you about, it all builds up with leftover junk data and random errors in the settings for windows, the hard drive, and the registry. Over time this will kill a computer's efficiency and ability to do basic functions.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but i promise you, you will not regret it!

DC

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

Not sure... I use ESET. I didn't think about malaware or virus.... Scanning now...

The company for your antivirus has an online scanner have you tried it yet?

Online Virus Scanner

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xdeadcowx
Back up all of your important documents, pictures, music and anything else you feel like saving. Put it all on an external hard drive for safe keeping and disconnect it.

Then format your computer's hard drive and re-install windows fresh. You will have to re-download updates and re-install your important software, but i guarantee you, your computer will run faster and better than you remember it running when you first purchased it.

I do this ever year or two, depending on ware and tear. Every program you install or uninstall, every change that is made, everything the other people do on your computer and dont tell you about, it all builds up with leftover junk data and random errors in the settings for windows, the hard drive, and the registry. Over time this will kill a computer's efficiency and ability to do basic functions.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but i promise you, you will not regret it!

DC

Yep, fresh install is what I always do with even the slightest suspicion, but not always an option for some peeps.

OP. Search Microsoft for something called....think its called Clean Sweep. It creates a CD that you boot to. It'll clean out nasties and often corrects errors. Its free and beats most AV software.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

while were here, youtube wont work for me, it starts to play then goes back to zero time and starts again and continues to do this process till it eventually gives an error message. I have no sound at all even though i have built in speakers to the monitor. This all happened when i did a factory reset to the computer, I then had 3 or updating sessions and i now have all these problems that were not there before. please help me

Sorry for jacking your thread OP but I need help as well. My computer was doing the same thing yours is, so i did a factory reset, now i have these problems just mentioned. good luck man.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

while were here, youtube wont work for me, it starts to play then goes back to zero time and starts again and continues to do this process till it eventually gives an error message. I have no sound at all even though i have built in speakers to the monitor. This all happened when i did a factory reset to the computer, I then had 3 or updating sessions and i now have all these problems that were not there before. please help me

Sorry for jacking your thread OP but I need help as well. My computer was doing the same thing yours is, so i did a factory reset, now i have these problems just mentioned. good luck man.

Try updating your Adobe flash. Also make sure your browser is up to date.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

when i reset my computer when i was done i got the latest version of mozilla and i have just yesterday re downloaded the latest version of flash player still the same thing, i will check my browser again. but do you have any other ideas?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

when i reset my computer when i was done i got the latest version of mozilla and i have just yesterday re downloaded the latest version of flash player still the same thing, i will check my browser again. but do you have any other ideas?

You haven't been having any problems with your internet have you?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok Breaking Bad over.

Virus scan came up with nothing...

Originally posted by xdeadcowx
Back up

I guess i'll have to Back Up.

Sorry for jacking your thread OP

You mother f...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I had this same problem, here is what to do:

CTRL+ALT+DELETE -> Task Manager -> Look for java update and tell me if it is taking up a bunch of CPU

If it is here is a vid to help rid you of the problem:

Java does you dirty, clean it up

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

no my internet has been running better than it was before the reset

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Your not alone ///dam hotmail acount from 8 years ago froze up and demanded me to subject another password to have access to mail....Scared,cause of online banking and rebelious thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
''''

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Java and flash is needed for a lot of video streams to work unless they got some other plugin that needs installed like apple quick time.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

You should click no to java and adobe wanting to update it includes security patches too. They will update sometimes like that. Or they update and then need to roll it back because they found a glitch in their update. You figure they would quality check their software before pushing it. lol. Java can be a pain sometimes as the new Java 7 installed may throw out a error with an application that was programmed with java 6. You can install both I believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Reinstall windows??!

Talk about knocking a house down to fix a broken light blub

top topics

join