It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad / No class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

This all stems from Syrian media.

Syrian Media Declares 'Historic American Retreat'

www.npr.org...

Syrian state media on Sunday reacted to President Obama's decision to ask Congress for authorization to strike President Bashar al-Assad's regime, calling the move the start of a U.S. retreat.

"Whether the Congress gives the red or green light for an aggression, and whether the prospects of war have been enhanced or faded, President Obama has announced yesterday, by prevaricating or hinting, the start of the historic American retreat," Al-Thawra said.

The OP is letting his emotions get the best of him. It's like getting mad at Obama because MSNBC wrote a hit piece.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

If? They do have chemical weapons, namely Al Nursa definitely has them & if they do then its safe to assume the real FSA does too.

Flashback to May: UN Official Claimed Rebels May Have Used Chemical Weapons

libertyblitzkrieg.com...

The Syria story just keeps getting weirder and weirder. So who knew that back in May, 2013 Carla Del Ponte, a member of the UN Independent Commission of Inquiry on Syria, stated that she believed the rebels had been engaged in chemical weapons attacks. Specifically, she told Swiss-Italian television:

I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated…This was used on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by canucks555

Killing Cancer isn't murder. It's a way to save the children of his war.
The idiot shouldn't have shot protesters when this all started.
Only a Cancer would do that.

Now, think about that for a second.
So, we come in there and bomb all of those targets only to find out that Assad did exactly what he said he was going to do and put human shields at all of those locations.

All of the targets are dead as well as the human shields.

Will that make the U.S. the "Cancer":? and if so .. How should those Murderous Sons a Britches be dealt with?

The old human shield ploy every dictator runs to as a last resort.

Of course anyone forced or willingly placed under bombs are no longer collateral damage, they were there for a purpose, to die. If Assad put them there then he is their murderer if they willingly go there with visions of rainbows and unicorns they are just suicidal.

Normal civilized nations have bomb shelters for the people, not policies for using human shields.
edit on 1-9-2013 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Are you assuming Assad's forces killed 100,000 people, namely civilians?

Btw, it's not 100,000 deaths per year. That's the estimated total that continues to rises as the war rages on.

War is hell & I hope you're just as upset with America for Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, and so on.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I am assuming that a leader who is unable to run his own country without massive casualties is a threat to his own people. And those around him.
And that a man who cannot run his own country has no right laughing at a very real threat to his disgusting tenure.

edit on 1-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Whatever you say but your thoughts about this whole event is based off of bad information, so I just wanted to point all of that out for you.

So how do you feel about America's Middle Eastern wars, conflicts, and drone operations killing way more people than the Syrian civil war combined?

How is he laughing? Please, post that source.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Whatever you say but your thoughts about this whole event is based off of bad information, so I just wanted to point all of that out for you.

thanks for your opinion.

So how do you feel about America's Middle Eastern wars, conflicts, and drone operations killing way more people than the Syrian civil war combined?

Unfortunately Americans and other people of the world have been manipulated by their leaders through the ages since the beginning of humanity.

Reading this forum and others lately has me worried that you people have been crapped on so often, you won't believe the truth when it's looking straight in your face.

People think Putin is the bomb here, they don't realize that Russia has half the freedom that the west enjoys. -Your distrust for your own government has you reading propaganda. Some is true, some is misinformation.

Did you know that the other side employs false stories as well?

I'm confident from what I've seen, msm or otherwise, that Assad has failed his country and the longer he stays in power the more people will die.

edit on 1-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

How is he laughing? Please, post that source.

So far since the end of World War I, there have been 3 people who have used Gas to kill their citizens.
How do you feel about propping up Assad as the third person to join Adolph Hitler and Saddam Hussein with that distinction?

This fact has been forcefully voiced in the public by John Kerry recently.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Okay, personal attacks huh? Well have fun with your thread here. Later.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

As far as I can tell Assad didn't gas anyone. But you go right ahead and believe everything you read.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Okay, personal attacks huh? Well have fun with your thread here. Later.

personal attacks> ? I posted no such attack and never have here on ATS. Ever.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by buster2010

Brainwash yourself as much as you like. I don't give a rats turd. Your 100 000 deaths a year status quo sucks.
shame.

Sounds like you gray matter has already been through the rinse cycle one too many times already. Go ahead and believe the propaganda but if you support military action on Syria then take your chicken hawk ass down to the recruiter and sign up to go fight.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What seems like a great comeback is flawed. The military serves the public. That's their job. And regardless of the shameful propaganda that you suck through your straw like a tainted margarita, many people in the military don't like Assad either. (those pictures of the military figures holding up little coward signs are a joke btw. Can you say Propaganda?
As a civilian I have every right in the world to speak my views clearly.
Your boy Assad will be hiding in a sewer pipe soon enough.

Why don't you go over there and help out? Clearly you've abandoned the country who's veterans have given you your freedom, I'm guessing.
Amazing that people are so wiling to forget the past and side with "the other guys"
shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join