It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us your INK! (Tattoos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Very nice BB! Looks to be a decent artist doing the inking. Lines are fine but not so fine as to be a blurry mess in 10 years. Sugar skulls are so colourful too. Loving it mate.

I've got a Liver bird for sentimental reasons. All my family are from Liverpool and the city represents a lot to me: first love, life changes, best times etc. One night I dreamed I got the tattoo and got it done the next day - chicken and egg. The thing is, it's a chav tag to others or it's a football thing. It shpuld have been smaller and somewhere other than my arm, but it's done now and still means something.

I look at your arm tattoo in admiration and sigh that my own arm is 'off the market' due to the bird! All the best

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I love it, actually reminds me of one of blend57's avatars. really cool, black and red ... perfect!

I'm seriously considering dedicating an arm to my favourite DC characters, or just Harley and Joker.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Very nice BB! Looks to be a decent artist doing the inking. Lines are fine but not so fine as to be a blurry mess in 10 years. Sugar skulls are so colourful too. Loving it mate.

Cheers mate! And Yeah he's a very good artist.
Does conventions and has been on the cover and featured in a couple of magazines.
The line work really is nice mate.

When it's finished in sept the skull will be blue (although I really like the look of it now, that's not white that's just how pale my skin is!!) and there will be orange on the top and bottom of skull and also a little more colouring of the roses and also some stuff round towards my back, probably a cobweb, just thin lines.

I'll post up finished results in a few weeks.

I've got a Liver bird for sentimental reasons. All my family are from Liverpool and the city represents a lot to me: first love, life changes, best times etc. One night I dreamed I got the tattoo and got it done the next day - chicken and egg. The thing is, it's a chav tag to others or it's a football thing. It shpuld have been smaller and somewhere other than my arm, but it's done now and still means something.

Shouldn't it be "A Liverbird upon your chest"

Na I know mate, I hear ya.At least you got something you wanted and that you'd thought about and that meant something.
Not just walked in and picked something out of the book, far too many do that.
Have you got another arm (is that too personal a question, if so then ignore) or if not then back, shoulder blade, inside arm, leg... but yes... real estate is limited when it comes to Tats.

I want some black and grey on my other arm a half sleeve (already have some Tribal stuff on that arm but still plenty of room).... I want some esoteric stuff, some nature stuff, some Batman stuff.... but yeah, I need 3 arms, 2 backs and god knows what else .

I look at your arm tattoo in admiration and sigh that my own arm is 'off the market' due to the bird! All the best

Thanks mate, much appreciated... I'm very happy with it indeed.
As I said, I'll update when it's finished and as I also said... you have more places than your arm

edit on 16/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

originally posted by: valiant

I love it, actually reminds me of one of blend57's avatars. really cool, black and red ... perfect!

I'm seriously considering dedicating an arm to my favourite DC characters, or just Harley and Joker.

Cheers mate, As I said not quite finished yet but yes, even at this stage I really like it. The mix of red and black has always appealed to me but the white (and boy am I white lol) of my skin actually goes pretty well with it.
And yes mate - A DC arm would be cool, thinking of a Batman piece myself but as I said to K-Dinks, only so much real estate on a body and arms/shoulders are PRIME real estate.

Even a big backpiece would be cool mate, plus you could fit in more Harley...ok that kinda sounds rude but you get what I mean.

Make sure you look around and find a quality artist, do your research for sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Have you got another arm (is that too personal a question, if so then ignore)

Man I laughed out loud at that. Yeah both arms are fine! A member once asked if I was blind? I straight-faced that their comment hurt and that I'd been profoundly blind since birth. Poor guy sent an apologetic PM. Didn't ask himself what a blind man was doing on a forum. Lol.

The idea of a really decent tattoo has been ticking for 2-3 years now. It'll happen and go on the right shoulder blade or upper arm. It'll be something like yours in terms of the colours

Definitely post the finished pictures. There's a guy called Clay Welsh who uses similar, deep colours. He's American and little bit different from the norm. You'll like his stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Man I laughed out loud at that. Yeah both arms are fine! A member once asked if I was blind? I straight-faced that their comment hurt and that I'd been profoundly blind since birth. Poor guy sent an apologetic PM. Didn't ask himself what a blind
man was doing on a forum. Lol.

Well you can't be too careful can ya? I always made a joke about one arm and then thought.. s*** maybe he DOES only have one so I chose more tact in my response

At least the member felt bad enough to say sorry, rare online these days!!

The idea of a really decent tattoo has been ticking for 2-3 years now. It'll happen and go on the right shoulder blade or upper arm. It'll be something like yours in terms of the colours

Definitely post the finished pictures. There's a guy called Clay Welsh who uses similar, deep colours. He's American and little bit different from the norm. You'll like his stuff.

Same here mate - although more like 6-7 years, took me a while to get around to it and if you don't just do it and start making plans it wont happen.

Is it Clay Welch?

This is good if it's the right guy, colours anyway.

static1.squarespace.com...[edi tby]edit on 16/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Also to add I really like this guy

Just love his retro abstract style...

Marcin Aleksander Surowiec

But soooo many artists out there and styles and patterns and ideas.... and such limited space.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My mistake - it's 'Clae Welch.'

Yeah, I like your Surowiec guy. This one has that Franz Marc-style going on whilst being a high quality portrait. He's excellent.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah Marcin has done a couple of conventions over here, would LOVE a piece of his work.
It really is art, I mean all good tattooists produce art but I like his style a lot.

Could list dozens to be fair LOL but It's a such a great medium.

Yeah man this is great by Welch, colours....Graffiti style

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Be sure you post the finished pictures
and as for your white skin, me too, whiter than Casper me. If am honest that is what's stopped me from getting any ink, I just always thought it would look # on my skin, but yours looks sweet.

Villains on one arm and heroes on the other, that's sounding tempting! but not enough Harley
I don't think i'd go for anything on my back, I dunno?
If you do get a Batman piece, I definitely want to see

Cheers man!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Be sure you post the finished pictures
and as for your white skin, me too, whiter than Casper me. If am honest that is what's stopped me from getting any ink, I just always thought it would look # on my skin, but yours looks sweet.

Na it's the complete opposite dude, they LOVE casper peeps

Seriously the Tattoo Artists say for Colour especially, really pale skin is the best and he was kinda rubbing his hands with glee when I booked it.

Villains on one arm and heroes on the other, that's sounding tempting! but not enough Harley
I don't think i'd go for anything on my back, I dunno?
If you do get a Batman piece, I definitely want to see

Cheers man!

Yaah that's be cool, opposing sleeves

Would you go for more cartoon or realistic Harley?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I blame movies, all these buff tanned dudes getting shoved in my face lol ... actually makes sense what you say, with the colour on white skin, just honestly never seen that many good examples.

I would try to to mix both in, I love all of her various looks, even the cartoony ones, but the realistic bad girl look she has, really gets me drooling, so that would probably get a bit more attention.
If Margot Robbie can pull Harley off in Suicide Squad, I have to consider getting her immortalized on my pasty English skin!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I hear ya, Harley has always been kinda hot, Same with Catwoman....

It's well worth researching as I said, find out who's good as comic style or portrait or whatever and look at their stuff.
Go to a convention or two... peruse the web.

Have a couple of ideas for Batman Tattoo.

Either retro comic sleeve style

Or dark like this

Too many ideas...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ahh yes! indeed my friend!

Cheers, I'll have to do some research on it, Sheffield is my closest city so it'd be nice to find someone decent there.

I'm a massive fan of the darker grittier Batman myself, but I have to say, those retro comic sleeves are impressive, nailed it!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
cool idea, I havent seen any tattoo topics on here before, that I can remember

Seed of Life, incomplete, I hope to add around it once I get the funds!

Eye of Horus and Ouroboros, the first one I did, on a whim, mainly because I had a discount voucher at a tattoo parlor, lol.
may add something to it in the future as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Love sugar skulls!
And the color is great.

Nice work Blup.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Love sugar skulls!
And the color is great.

Nice work Blup.

Cheers mate, as I said... not quite finished, skull gonna be blue and a couple of other little things.
The black bit at the bottom actually cover-up of a crappy tattoo I had when I was 18 LOL, so had to incorporate things into the design I wouldn't have otherwise done

I'll post again when done.

edit on 23/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Pretty much finished now... Decided to do a more subtle colour rather than fill it all in blue
The light wasn't great so hard to see really but I'm pleased with it.

edit on 3/9/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Possibly one of the nicest tats I've seen

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Possibly one of the nicest tats I've seen

Awww cheers my dears

new topics

top topics