It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball State Course Defends Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing. I won't go into great detail about the who's, hows, and why's, but for the most part, there is a course being taught at Ball State that is, for a lack of better words, attempting to brainwash their students into a completely anti-American viewpoint. It's a real interesting read...very worthwhile!

studentsforacademicfreedom.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Given his past record, I'm not particularly confident that Mr. Horowitz is giving a complete account of the content of this course. But even assuming he is, it seems to me this cries out for some group of intelligent moderate and conservative students (surely Ball State has at least a few of those) to sign up for this course and challenge whatever they consider false premises.

University, at least in my experience, is far from a one-way street. I challenged my professors all the time.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Seems like an awful lot to ask of a student don't ya think. I mean, if they join the class just to challange the ideology of this professor, they are most likely going to be failed. Who wants to go into that situation? I think a thorough investigation is more than called for. At least a much more thorough one than has already been done.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1. The course is apparently being taught by one who isn't qualified in the subjects at hand.
2. The textbook used is largely pro-communist.
3. Students should be graded on their abilities in the course, not on whether or not they agree with the instructor.
4. The deliberate targetting of innocent civilians is NEVER a valid means of acheiving a goal, and NEVER should be allowed to be. It's fine to understand where terrorists are coming from, but this does NOT justify the use of such MEANS to that end.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Seems like an awful lot to ask of a student don't ya think. I mean, if they join the class just to challange the ideology of this professor, they are most likely going to be failed. Who wants to go into that situation?

Maybe I'm more combative than most, but I did just that on two occasions during my college carreer.

And no, I didn't get failed. The professors didn't like me very much, but I got "A"s in those courses nonetheless.

I think a thorough investigation is more than called for. At least a much more thorough one than has already been done.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by mpeake]

I don't think we have any idea based on this single very biased source how much or how little of an investigation has been done. But in any case - University is supposed to be about challenging assumptions and examining ideas and in general broadening ones knowledge, understanding, and critical thinking in every way possible. Rather than just trying to quash whatever is occurring in this class, I would like to see it vigorously challenged within the context of the class.

There was nothing as blatant as this is claimed to be when I was in school, but if there were you can bet I would have signed up for that course in a heartbeat and I wouldn't have hesitated to be vocal about my ideas.

[edit on 11/12/2004 by x_y_no]

new topics

top topics

join