It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells The Truth!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The Congressional Record will have it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
And who looks at the Congressional record?? No one!!!

Not one person in this Country really looks at the laws that are passed. Not even the ones who over see our laws!!!

The laws that are part of the agenda are pushed through so fast no one has a chance to even read them.

Didnt this POTUS say that any law would be available to the Citizens on the Internet for a period of time before they would be voted on?? I dont think that happened.

But again, we didn't even listen to that aspect, we were just happy to vote in a Black President. (no disrespect)

Reagen = Bush = Clinton = Bush = Obama. There is no difference, but we dont know all the facts. And we never will.

edit on 2-9-2013 by hoochymama23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

edit on 2-9-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Oh heck

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Priceless, isn't it? You simply can not make this stuff up... A hollywood movie mogul trying to sell this would be laughed out of the offices, 'cause it's just too unlikely.

Now we can all see why "Truth is stranger than fiction" with out any doubt.. As now we have
a perfect demonstration of how.

It's because fiction, has to make sense.
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I think this "foreign policy" he is trying to expose might be the CFR. Back in 2008, it was a member of the CFR who pushed his election forward and secured more than 1 million votes for him. Yet, a couple of months ago, I investigated further and it seems now the CFR is opposing Obama. Which means Obama tried something which some members of the CFR (I would like to remind you all that some Rothschilds and some Rockefellers are both members) disapproved.

In other words, someone is holding Obama by his you-know-what. In this speech, it seems Obama actually tried telling us about the true guys pulling strings behind the curtain, but of course many investigators here on ATS don't seem to realize that. I don't subscribe to american politics (I'm Canadian), but I think this time it may have took Obama alot of courage to say this.

It seems as if Obama is criticizing himself... he's not. In psychology, contradiction means there are several parties behind a (seemingly simple) event. Maybe he's attempting to tell us something even though the guys behind the scene holds him by the you-know-what.

edit on 2-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Just my 2 cents of the big picture:

My belief is the elite have been around since the beginning of time and have planned (used) us for their T.V. viewing station- it's terribly sad that they(elite) have NO issues with killing us all! Maybe that has been the plan all along- use than discard-recycle-use-etc. etc.. Oh I forgot they pad their pockets with our lives.. God bless the innocent!

Trinity

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I really should know better that to post in an anti-Obama thread - how silly am I?

In the following short vid, Obama details how we Americans weren't just failed by a President, but our Congress, a foreign policy elite hungering for war, and by our media, "that too often reported spin instead of facts."

Well - those words were true then - and now you see it as irony?

I'll tell you what's ironic - we won't do something about Syria when we really should because of things we did in the past - that we really shouldn't have done

I realize for some people he can do nothing right - a little childish actually, but nothing I can do about that. You're not a fan - oh well. I'll say one thing - he sure picked a hell of a point in history to become president

So, which war did Obama start - exactly?

I know we're all a little cynical these days - what with an illegal war still stuck in our maw and all - and nobody left to blame but the guy in office

Obama reacted to this latest situation immediately the way any sane, thinking, feeling human being would - with outrage and disgust. The same way many people in this world did - including myself. Now he's put it before congress - brilliant. And good for him. We're not even talking about war - are we - really?

Honestly

He can't win - he is a coward if he does nothing, a lying corporate shill if he goes in. The world is about to turn it's back on Syria - and let it rot in it's own filth

And for what?

This is not something we're going to be proud of in the future I'm afraid - we should have stepped in earlier, but we didn't. And, why is that do you suppose? It's too damn late now

For another Homs resident, Abu Bassam, 31, the only possible response was black humor.

“Man, I wish Bush was the president,” he said. “He would have reacted right away. He may have invaded Cyprus or Jordan instead of Syria by mistake, but you know he would have done something at least.”
www.salon.com...

Tell it, brother, tell it.

Seriously?

edit on 9/2/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The PBS interview he gave earlier this week and his statement yesterday....he has deep set, dark eyes, furrowed brow, gaunt look and considerably aged hair...a vast contrast to the video posted in the OP.

A hallmark of the realties of being President vs. the ideals of being a candidate.

I think we do forget they're human

I think we also live in a fantasy world sometimes - and expect our elected officials to ride in on a white horse and make everything clean and whole again

It never was clean and whole - never will be. No president is ever going to change that

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Agreed. After hearing his statements, he is lying and he surely will not live up to the promise. After all, he is lying to himself. For example, space exploration, he is trying to progress manned exploration, however, it has been delayed in favor of planetary science, fought by The Planetary Society. And you have the Orion space vehicle and the nation's launcher system.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
Well - those words were true then - and now you see it as irony?

No, I see it as world-class hypocrisy from a man who PROMISED he would stand against such idiotic "foreign policy." He's certainly made his die-hard supporters look foolish and left them to make feeble excuses for him.

I'll tell you what's ironic - we won't do something about Syria when we really should because of things we did in the past - that we really shouldn't have done.

Rather naive, imo, of you to think he's acting out of moral outrage and disgust. Funny how he ignores suffering and tyranny in so many other parts of the world.

Regardless of that, are you really blinded enough to think that striking Syria won't destabilize the situation further and cause many, many, many more deaths?

I think we also live in a fantasy world sometimes - and expect our elected officials to ride in on a white horse and make everything clean and whole again

It never was clean and whole - never will be. No president is ever going to change that.

I'm sorry, I just don't see that as any kind of excuse for failing the constitution, being party to actions that either take and/or contribute to an exponential taking of lives in a seemingly never-ending series of actions that are making us hated the world over.

Just accept it and take it is your point? How absolutely defeatist of you.

Btw - You obviously only read what you wanted to read because I've stated here that I hold the repubs as accountable as I do to the obviously unethical and morally bankrupt Obama and crew. So before you brand me, understand me.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No, I see it as world-class hypocrisy from a man who PROMISED he would stand against such idiotic "foreign policy."

He broke his promise did he? Poor dear - you must be so heartbroken. Foreign policy? That word covers a lot of territory - no? Do you see what's happening in Syria as more of the same ole same ole? Because, if it happens in the Middle East - it must be more of the same?

Is this the same situation as Iraq? Libya? Egypt? Afghanistan? Please - explain. Feel free to elaborate

Are you an isolationist? Because that's the only thing that would make any and all intervention look like the same thing. I wish all the political flat-earthers would see - the world is so small now. Isolation isn't an option. Not getting involved is just as self-serving as involvement. What happens out there is happening in our front yard. Syria is not going to go away if we ignore it - and a crime against one of us is a crime against us all. You can be as cynical as you like - but politics has always been a dirty game - and that's not going to change. Now, is that defeatist - or naive? :-)

He's certainly made his die-hard supporters look foolish and left them to make feeble excuses for him.

Yes, I've noticed how fast people are to jump ship when things don't fulfill the fantasy. But, if they feel foolish, I don't know of any way to comfort them - this isn't a TV show - they should have tempered their hopes with a little bit of reality. For those that hated him before he got in - well, he's always looked foolish - as I've said - silly me for even posting in this thread :-)

Rather naive, imo, of you to think he's acting out of moral outrage and disgust. Funny how he ignores suffering and tyranny in so many other parts of the world.

This from the guy who's pissed because a politician broke a promise :-)

But, you're not naive - right - because you know he's just plain dishonest? Because he ignores suffering in other parts of the world? So, then - you're in favor of him getting involved in the affairs of other nations then - or not? I'm confused

Regardless of that, are you really blinded enough to think that striking Syria won't destabilize the situation further and cause many, many, many more deaths?

100,000 dead - more groups than you can throw a shoe at fighting for control, displacement and war moving across the borders - in a region that's not stable to begin with? And you think we're going to destabilize things? Please

Let me ask you something - you think things are going to get better there if we do nothing? You understand - we're not talking about a war - we're talking about holding someone there accountable

Seems the whole world is going to opt out of this one - and we just might too. I'm wondering if you have any idea why that is?

Destabilize the situation... :shk:

I'm sorry, I just don't see that as any kind of excuse for failing the constitution, being party to actions that either take and/or contribute to an exponential taking of lives in a seemingly never-ending series of actions that are making us hated the world over.

You're not sorry :-)

And, we are already hated the world over - but that wasn't Obama's doing. There are people watching and waiting now to see what we will do - and believe you me, it's possible there will be a whole new level of hate coming that will last for years to come

Just accept it and take it is your point? How absolutely defeatist of you.

You could easily apply this to your own argument. Funny - kind of depends on where you're standing when you say it - doesn't it? :-)

When I said that, I was talking about the man's humanity - and also the humanity of any person holding the office. And that we tend to fantasize - even as we live and breathe here in the real world.

OK - since you're not a defeatist - what's your bright idea? How do we fix the world?

Btw - You obviously only read what you wanted to read because I've stated here that I hold the repubs as accountable as I do to the obviously unethical and morally bankrupt Obama and crew. So before you brand me, understand me.

Yes - I've read a few bits here and there...about how corrupt all politicians are - how we deserve better - more or less the same old roll-over argument about how we're all at the mercy of: the PTB, elitist warmongers, corporate overlords - and how 'they' don't actually care about us little guys at all...not at all - and we really deserve to live in a better world. (Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't managed to work in in the reptilians and the greys - but there's still time...)

Kinda naive - but, hey - you're not all wrong - are you?

How defeatist. And frankly - a little cowardly. What kind of argument is that - really?

:-)

Why did you start this thread?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

OK - since you're not a defeatist - what's your bright idea? How do we fix the world?

Shining light on darkness is a beginning. The pen is mightier than the sword and all that, eh?

Yes - I've read a few bits here and there...about how corrupt all politicians are - how we deserve better - more or less the same old roll-over argument about how we're all at the mercy of: the PTB, elitist warmongers, corporate overlords - and how 'they' don't actually care about us little guys at all...not at all - and we really deserve to live in a better world. (Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't managed to work in in the reptilians and the greys - but there's still time...)

Shining light on the reptile-like amoral warmongering hypocrites of profiteering who hide under the rocks of spin and rhetoric, I should've said.

There, I worked in some reptiles for ya.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Shining light on darkness is a beginning. The pen is mightier than the sword and all that, eh?

I'll give you that

It's a pity that shining a light is so often reduced to banal mudslinging and immediate self gratification

Thanks for the lizards - I guess that's as thoughtful and balanced as it's going to get

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

xuenchen
With all the recent scandals and revelations and economic BeeEss, it's difficult to decide which double standards to support.

Many have come to realize they have been hoodwinked and tricked.

No doubt. But an Obama or a Bush...they're all complicit and on the same team. Not ours.

I bet Romney would be speaking the same words and rattling the same sword on the same timetable.

Reminds me of the vid SmoothRythm mentioned:

I said the same things to all those that proclaimed Romney a Warmonger! It matters not who is elected when
these men have sworn their loyalties to the banking Elite! They always follow the same path for the same
purposes and many Americans are still deluded into believing we have any choice in how our country is run!
These men will say anything to get favor over the other candidate until they are in the hot seat!
I have no reservations that this preemptive attack on Syria is only a medium to test the waters on what kind of
response there will be from those super powers that are opposed to an attack on Syria! I don't know whether
these countries will respond in kind but feel that the path to escalation will begin with the fist sortie! Americans
have shown that they are against this kind of aggression but it matters not what the people want only the desires
of the elitist minority will be weighed and cast! I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the American
political body, as well as the executive judiciary branches are traitors to the republic of the United States of America! As such these Criminals should be usurped and tried for their respective crimes! Though it is unfortunate that there are no persons or groups to represent the people of this republic! As this is the case the
tyranny will only escalate at an exponential rate! Maybe when the majority finally figures out that they have no other option then to revolt against this treacherous body, no matter the cost, until we once again have a voice in the choices that are made in this nation! Let freedom reign or actually be regained~
edit on 2-9-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'll give you that

It's a pity that shining a light is so often reduced to banal mudslinging and immediate self gratification

Thanks for the lizards - I guess that's as thoughtful and balanced as it's going to get :-)

I get the feeling that you're not very versed in the problems associated with such issues as the Covert Action implementation of hidden foreign policy? Since WW II in particular, we don't mind putting ruthless Dictators in power...as long as they're our ruthless Dictators. I'm surprised that doesn't seem to bother you and/or cross your mind.

How much pain, death, and suffering such actions have caused throughout the world. How much US hatred it has fomented. Or the amoral nature of meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations and the lives of countless world-citizenry.

You might find the following helpful:

The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence

This particular thread didn't really require much elaboration. It comes with vid. It's the antithesis of "pics or it didn't happen." Even Obama himself agrees. Or at least he said he did:

Here's a great thread and discussion from Beezer that you might find helpful as well. Have you weighed in there on how moral you think the impending, ahem, surgical strike will be?

The Moral Ambiguity of the Syrian Drama

edit on 2-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I get the feeling that you're not very versed in the problems associated with such issues as the Covert Action implementation of hidden foreign policy? Since WW II in particular, we don't mind putting ruthless Dictators in power...as long as they're our ruthless Dictators. I'm surprised that doesn't seem to bother you and/or cross your mind.

So, you want to assume - or presume - what I do or don't know? What does or doesn't bother me?

Is that how you argue? Really? It's a little bit chicken-crap of you - but, as you wish

Spare me - you have no idea

So Mr. History - here's what I do know - and here's what really does bother me

Our partisan politics have already cost many, many innocent lives over there

I know that if we had a Republican president in office right now contemplating any action at all he'd be hailed as some kind of Anti-Al Qaeda Wunderkind and multi-purpose all around hero by the further right

This is what bothers me - you want to talk about hypocrisy and dishonesty?

There you go

We will not help anybody there - precisely because you and I and everyone else are having this inane argument over here

So - why did you start this thread?

Also - I'm talking to you - right now, right here - in your thread. Try not to redirect your argument :-)
edit on 9/2/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: also....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

We will not help anybody there - precisely because you and I and everyone else are having this inane argument over here

So - why did you start this thread?

Also - I'm talking to you - right now, right here - in your thread. Try not to redirect your argument :-)

Actually, I've been more clear and to the point here in my statements than you, the way I score it. Why did I start this thread? Because Obama is pulling some very dangerous stunts that will surely escalate the violence, destruction, and suffering already in progress.

He's the one currently with his finger on the trigger button. Hence this thread is a nonviolent surgical-strike if you will. Unlike Obama's violent surgical-strike hypocritical idiocy.

Tell us again what YOUR solution is? Bombing Syria was it?

Speaking of Al Quaeda: How 'bout the information that suggests Obama is arming them in Syria? Yeah, let's let them get hold of some chemical weapons and see how it works out.

Careful now, If you waste too much time here you might miss your next talking point on CNN.

The reason I directed you to Beezer's thread is you mentioned how moral Obama was being. Seeing as how it's impossible to reproduce all the great dialogue going on there, here, I thought it might be a good idea for you to take a look at it. Did you? Have you weighed in on how "moral" and consistent our foreign policy has been?

You can still pander your rhetoric here. I'm not trying to chase you away. Gotta run some errands though, so it will be later in the afternoon before I can respond.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Why did I start this thread? Because Obama is pulling some very dangerous stunts that will surely escalate the violence, destruction, and suffering already in progress.

That's why you started this thread? Funny - you didn't mention any of that in your OP :-)

Which stunts is it he's pulling? Wonder if you can be specific

He's the one currently with his finger on the trigger button. Hence this thread is a nonviolent surgical-strike if you will. Unlike Obama's violent surgical-strike hypocritical idiocy.

Actually - it's going to be up to other people now - same as it was when you started this thread

Tell us again what YOUR solution is? Bombing Syria was it?

Bombing? Did I say anything about bombing? Pretty sure I didn't - but there you go again. Not much of a debate - is it? :-)

But it's a fair question actually - I don't have a solution. Nobody does. But, this is a situation that demands the attention of the world. I feel the world should not just sit on the sidelines and watch while wringing their hands and offering up excuses and apologies later. And as I mentioned - if this wasn't a liberal president - you and I wouldn't even be having this friendly little chat

So...dunno - I'm pretty sure bombing won't work. God knows what they've got stashed and where they've stashed it. Too many civilians - no clear targets - not sure which enemy is the biggest and baddest - there's so many to choose from. Not to mention Russia and Iran shuffling their feet in the shadows. It's a genuine bona fide pckle - isn't it?

I've asked you so many questions - you haven't bothered to answer any. How about just this one: Why do you think we haven't done anything yet?

The reason I directed you to Beezer's thread is you mentioned how moral Obama was being.

Is that what I said? I said he was understandably outraged by what happened - you said he was dishonest. That's what I remember

Seeing as how it's impossible to reproduce all the great dialogue going on there, here, I thought it might be a good idea for you to take a look at it. Did you? Have you weighed in on how "moral" and consistent our foreign policy has been?

Well, since there's no great dialogue happening here - I can see why you might want to bail. I owe that thread nothing - I showed up here

Sorry

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Since my views appear to be in the majority of this thread...I have to ask this question. Is this guy trying to destroy the United States...or does he know something, does the government know something that requires these obviously damaging actions? I can not think of another reason this person is doing the things he is doing and allowing what he allows.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Obama reacted to this latest situation immediately the way any sane, thinking, feeling human being would - with outrage and disgust. The same way many people in this world did - including myself.

So those of us that oppose the kind of unilateral actions that have always resulted in more deaths and violence are neither sane nor feeling human beings? How silly and frighteningly arrogant that is.

Obama's "outrage & disgust" seems to ebb & flow, and is rather obviously more connected to the foreign policy of the warhawks he mentions in the vid than that of a man of character.

But, you're not naive - right - because you know he's just plain dishonest? Because he ignores suffering in other parts of the world? So, then - you're in favor of him getting involved in the affairs of other nations then - or not? I'm confused.

You certainly are confused, you got that right, Spirm. Yes he's dishonest. Do I have to say "refer to the vid" again?

Further, how does pointing out the man's outrageous and obviously hypocritical moral ambiguity equate to me being in favor of his getting involved in the affairs of other countries? Dissemble much?

To be clear, I'm in favor, first, of diplomacy and humanitarian aid. After that, it should be a choice that reflects the true will of the majority of our nation.

100,000 dead - more groups than you can throw a shoe at fighting for control, displacement and war moving across the borders - in a region that's not stable to begin with? And you think we're going to destabilize things? Please.

Exactly. Things are whacked. We've played our part in that already. And I'm fairly certain Obama isn't wise enough, nor man enough, to truly slow things down, look at the bigger picture, and make the boo-boo feel all better. He's both reckless and arrogant.

Seems the whole world is going to opt out of this one - and we just might too.

Nah, Obama's too big of a narcissist and he has too many liars whispering in his ear. Plus, don't be a fool, we have, and will continue to have--until blowback reaches critical mass--very questionable covert action operations in continuation in the region. Do you dispute that? Do you understand that?

And, we are already hated the world over - but that wasn't Obama's doing. There are people watching and waiting now to see what we will do - and believe you me, it's possible there will be a whole new level of hate coming that will last for years to come.

World-class hypocrite John Kerry just stood up an applauded you for that. I sincerely doubt we can be held responsible for,

1.) Somebody else's actions in light of,

2.) Everyone else's own caution about stepping in and doing something stoopid.

So, you want to assume - or presume - what I do or don't know? What does or doesn't bother me?

Is that how you argue? Really? It's a little bit chicken-crap of you - but, as you wish

Spare me - you have no idea.

Well please enlighten me on how knowledgeable you are then because my position is not only consistent, but actually shows an understanding of hijacked foreign policy and the repercussions of misguided covert action.

You, on the other hand, have shown no indication that you understand anything from our history as regards, say, Operation Mockingbird, or the aforementioned covert action antics that include assassination and the installation of administration-friendly dictators who have killed and tortured MUCH more than the 100,000 figure that you got from Anderson Cooper.

But it's a fair question actually - I don't have a solution. Nobody does. But, this is a situation that demands the attention of the world. I feel the world should not just sit on the sidelines and watch while wringing their hands and offering up excuses and apologies later. And as I mentioned - if this wasn't a liberal president - you and I wouldn't even be having this friendly little chat.

Speak for yourself, I'd be having the EXACT same conversation with whatever fool was lying to us yet again and hiding behind spin and hypocrisy to do dirty deeds.

In this case it just happens to be one of the most loathsome and arrogant hypocrites to come along in a while: Obama. Again, refer to the vid and take a gander of your hero.

So…dunno - I'm pretty sure bombing won't work. God knows what they've got stashed and where they've stashed it. Too many civilians - no clear targets - not sure which enemy is the biggest and baddest - there's so many to choose from. Not to mention Russia and Iran shuffling their feet in the shadows. It's a genuine bona fide pckle - isn't it?

I've asked you so many questions - you haven't bothered to answer any. How about just this one: Why do you think we haven't done anything yet?

With SO may questions, no answers, and no proven grasp of our true behind-the-scenes history, you should probably just be more quiet and read some of the stuff I suggested and linked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join