It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nile on the move is a study that shows how the Nile has shifted in regards to Giza, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A PDF on the subject- easy to read

If you are interested in the pyramids you may find this study of importance.

Nile on the move

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No surprises there.

If you ever lived near a river on hard land. They travel quite a bit during your lifetime. On sand multiple that by a hundred over a few thousand years.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There's a golf course at the foot of Khufu? Cool! Actually, I don't play the game but I love maps.

Interesting implications for the layout of the pyramids. They get smaller as the river moved away from the plateau.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Excellent article. I liked the potential implications of movement of the Nile in regards to the inability to complete the pyramid of Menkaure prior to his death as well as the quarrying for Khufu's pyramid having a possible affect on the Nile itself. The Nile in such proximity to the Giza plateau would explain the amount of limestone caves in the vicinity as well. There is a lot to ponder. there is some additional info and further maps to be located here... www.aeraweb.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thank you for posting that hans, very interesting read.
Moment of the river channels had a lot to due with the abandonment of some harrapan cities.

I would imagine with the cycle of seasonal flossing the Nile channel moves around quite a bit through time.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If the pyramids interest you I recommend this vid
The Revelations of the pyramids.

edit on 1-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There's a golf course at the foot of Khufu? Cool! Actually, I don't play the game but I love maps.

Interesting implications for the layout of the pyramids. They get smaller as the river moved away from the plateau.

Yeah there is a cool hotel there called Mena house - highly recommended for the views I have stayed there twice.

Mena

edit on 1/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
reply to post by Hanslune

Thank you for posting that hans, very interesting read.
Moment of the river channels had a lot to due with the abandonment of some harrapan cities.

I would imagine with the cycle of seasonal flossing the Nile channel moves around quite a bit through time.

Yep movement of the T-E was very damaging to the Sumerians and others too, not so sure about how it affected the Han however.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cool paper Hanslune, thanks, I'd never considered that the nile moved that much.

Originally posted by Phage

And now we know the real purpose of Khufu. World's best driving range with minigolf inside for when it's raining.
edit on 2-9-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

You could probably get a book deal and a slot on ancient astronauts with that insight

new topics

top topics

join