It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putins speech on Syria, and British Parlament to Obama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Seems like a very reasonable stance.

Putin's message to Obama starts at 2:50.

He says he wants to address him as a Nobel Peace price winner...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nationalist and rationalist, that is actually not a good combination now that I think about it. Nationalism is rather dry, so everyone knows ahead of time.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nice speech but let's not forget that Putin isn't exactly Snow White either...

It's a speech that denotes a certain protection of Syria for Russia's own interests.

I liked that he adressed Obama as the Nobel Peace Prize Winner though...

Two to make a tango...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I never thought I would say this, but Putin is really making a lot of sense here. It's just too bad we can't exercise this kind of common sense in the U.S. Instead, our media over here would never let this speech be heard and if it did, anyone who thinks what Putin is saying makes sense would be a kooky "conspiracy theorist". Frustrating, so frustrating.

Edit: What's sad is that Putin is no saint, and you know it's bad here in the U.S. when he makes more sense than the idiots running the show here.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I never thought I would say this, but Putin is really making a lot of sense here. It's just too bad we can't exercise this kind of common sense in the U.S. Instead, our media over here would never let this speech be heard and if it did, anyone who thinks what Putin is saying makes sense would be a kooky "conspiracy theorist". Frustrating, so frustrating.

Edit: What's sad is that Putin is no saint, and you know it's bad here in the U.S. when he makes more sense than the idiots running the show here.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

What has Putin did that makes him bad, all, you'll do is point out ALL of the news stories (lies by Soros funded entities) about him doing this and that, from the same news agencies that you JUST said won't let his speech play, here, which proves that all the bad stuff the media said/says about President Putin was a lie to begin with, and the simple fact I had to ask-answer this question for you shows your just the typical westerner, who can't tell whats truth from lies.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
But Putin can only look good here, he cant lose and he is milking it - stop giving him credit, Obama is pushing for action, hasnt quite gone off half cocked as a missile hasnt been fired yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

I spent the majority of time on that post defending (pointing out that I AGREE with) Putin and you're gonna give some stuck up response like that? Are you the official representative of Russia? Are you that arrogant? Am I too "Western" for you even tho I just defended your guy whom you think is a saint? Get over yourself.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

I spent the majority of time on that post defending (pointing out that I AGREE with) Putin and you're gonna give some stuck up response like that? Are you the official representative of Russia? Are you that arrogant? Am I too "Western" for you even tho I just defended your guy whom you think is a saint? Get over yourself.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

What has he done that makes him bad?

join