It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: US attack will lead to terrorism flourishing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Here's the closest to the truth we're going to see.

"After Bashar falls, I see the FSA battalions dividing into three parts. Some will go home to their previous lives, some will join us in establishing the rule of sharia, and a third part will become a sahwa and turn and fight us."

More feared even than the threat of an "awakening", is the risk of splits among the jihadi fighters themselves. In another part of the eastern countryside, I met a senior al-Nusra commander whose self-confident, jihadi way of speaking deserted him as he pondered the difficulties facing his group.

"I expected clashes with everyone: with the tribes, with the FSA, with anyone," he said. "But with other jihadis? I never thought that day would come."

In what many considered a coup against al-Nusra, the leader of the Iraqi branch of al-Qaida, Abu Bakra al-Baghdadi, declared that he would merge his own organisation with that of his Syrian brothers, under his leadership. The feud that followed was reminiscent of the infighting between warring branches of the Ba'ath party in Iraq and Syria in the 1960s.

www.theguardian.com...

And the insanity continues. My opinion is leave Assad where he is. He isn't forcing Sharia on anyone, now that's a good thing, because once Sharia gets placed into government, Syrian women regardless of faith will end up dressing like:

They dress like this to "prevent" rapes, but statistics indicate dressing this way, doesn't decrease the chances of being raped anymore than a woman dressing in nothing but a string bikini in a bar full of drunks.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Unfortunately, regardless of the alternative, I don't think anyone trusts Assad enough to have him stay either. I think the extremists have been in it too deep and too long to let it rest, even if they were to ultimately lose. It will turn into another Iraq where Sunni/Shiite fighting will continue every day for years to come.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I think the extremists have been in it too deep and too long to let it rest, even if they were to ultimately lose.

That's when you execute them. Syria was in better shape before this mess started. Assad didn't start this civil war, Islamic fundamentals did, who want to force Sharia on the nation and the civilians do not want to have their choices taken away from them. Rebels started jerking Christians out of their homes in the middle of the night and cutting their heads off because they supported Assad, sending a clear message that whoever supports Assad if he loses they and their families will die a very Islamic fundamental death. We need to stay out of Assad's and everyone else's business and mind our own for a change.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Of course it will. We just lived a decade of trumped up threats while we turned all of the middle east into a governless wreck. The next decade will have rwal terrorists threats as we destabilized the whole mid east. Terrorists come from destabilized areas of thw mid east. Hell I'm not sure dictatora aren't what the mid east needs as ling as islamic extremisms is widespread. We may face real threats very soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh yea!
The Syrians are some real boy scouts here worried about the spread of terrorism. Well you know with Hezbollah backing them up and all. What a gas bag this guy is.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Deetermined

I think the extremists have been in it too deep and too long to let it rest, even if they were to ultimately lose.

That's when you execute them. Syria was in better shape before this mess started. Assad didn't start this civil war, Islamic fundamentals did, who want to force Sharia on the nation and the civilians do not want to have their choices taken away from them.

Don't believe this is all true but at any rate it simply serves them right to have Islamic crazy's after them. With Syrian support and direction Hezbollah and the PLO took over and trashed Lebanon. Iran shipping ball bearing rockets to Hezbollah via Syria for use on Israel. It coming back around at them all these years later.....its the wheel man the wheel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join