It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: US attack will lead to terrorism flourishing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A snippet of the BBC interview Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
first thing i noticed was his eyes rarely blinked.
usually a sign of sincerity. who knows

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't understand how people can take a stance on this, other than let Syrians sort out Syrian business. We don't even know what's happening, and the media is NOT helping people to get a clear picture. It's all the same as what we got last time, emotion, emotion, emotion then, quick switch back to logic once the fighting starts, this way we look credible...

Bait and switch. The news makes Obama a Martyr, we all sympathize when a false flag happens, which it will, then boom, another war. Even if a false flag isn't needed now (thanks to people giving up entirely, and I don't blame them) they'll go to war anyway, it's in the PNAC. Read it and understand why this is happening. Control. Plain and simple control.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have no doubts there. We've been groomed to think these people are out to get us no matter what, they want to annihilate us. We've been taught we need to get rid of them before they get rid of us. The extremists believe the religious holy war BS, so this is like an un-breaking cycle of fingerpointing until at least one side says "Enough, not worth it" and quits going after the other. However, power & money lead to some very stupid ideas and mistakes. We, the US, seem to be incapable of learning from them.

Unfortunately, both sides are equally stupid in that they can't see this right under their noses. They both believe someone's got to come out the domineering winner one way or the other. I doubt the ME is going to strike back if we start staying out of their business. It may give them a moment to scratch their heads in confusion, though, before they turn on themselves and the many millenia old regional infighting carries on. You know how you see 2 fighting people and are restrained from interfering, being cited "They just have to get it out of their systems"? That's what needs to be done in the ME. Nothing will change over there until they get sick of it.
edit on 9/1/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So he is saying the West will achieve its true objective by attacking Syria. Is that supposed to deter the West? If he believes that is news to any Westerner who has been advocating attacking Syria, he must be an idiot.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
USA attacking Syria helps the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda.
OF COURSE this will lead to terrorism flourishing.
But for some reason .. Obama just LUV's him that Muslim Brotherhood ..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Of course it will. I dont mean to state this bluntly but, if you get involved in a foreign country you inherently give birth to what is perceived as terrorism on the part of the individual who is intervening, while the perception of the targeted country would see this as nationalism .

You will always encounter resistance when you get involved in other countries. We just apply different labels to that resistance depending on which side of the fence we are standing.
edit on 2-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
not to mention the countless suffering, who grow up asking why this happened, and if America intervenes, they won't forget it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yup, kind of like watching someone abuse their child in the market for acting like a brat and being stooopid enough to intervene on the child's behalf.

Most times you'll simply be told to mind your own business, sometimes it gets much Worse.

Everybody acts like spoiled children, children of an imaginary man in the sky.....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

I would agree. However, if i saw someone beating someone weaker, regardless of age or gender, I think i would still step in and say "hey what is going on here?!"

Now, I think this is a product of our culture. Western culture that is. However, not uniquely our own, i feel some level of obligation to help those in need or those in danger.

I think this would apply to the countries we live in, but to apply it to another country is a tricky situation.

Your analogy is good and complicated one that highlights many facets of this issue

edit on 2-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It would seem that the majority of ATS would casually walk past a child being beaten senseless. It's not their problem. It's a family issue.
That seems to be the consensus here anyways. And it's their right to share their views, as disturbingly one sided and flawed as they are.

edit on 2-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
It would seem that the majority of ATS would casually walk past a child being beaten senseless. It's not their problem. It's a family issue.
That seems to be the consensus here anyways. And it's their right to share their views, as disturbingly one sided and flawed as they are.

A more apt analogy would be to see two people fighting , each with a crowd of supporters cheering them on.

Do you let them get on with it. Get in the middle and take blows from all sides. Or pick one you like and double team the other.

edit on 2-9-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Well (imo) you watch them fight until they begin to knock out children.
When that happens you level them. Doesn't matter which side.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Those terrorists, there is a chance they could be American, isn't there?

I mean, I wouldn't put it past them to be that sneaky.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well (imo) you watch them fight until they begin to knock out children.
When that happens you level them. Doesn't matter which side.

Attacking all sides equally is an option, though not discussed much.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The pro Assad groups estimate of AQ involvement is exaggerated. While AQ elements are present, some will have you believe that they're running the show. That is false.

That said, it wouldn't be impossible to conceive strikes on the AQ elements as well.

The rebels aren't (imo) solid enough to be trusted yet. Clean them up a bit, and we'll see

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The pro Assad groups estimate of AQ involvement is exaggerated. While AQ elements are present, some will have you believe that they're running the show. That is false.

That said, it wouldn't be impossible to conceive strikes on the AQ elements as well.

The rebels aren't (imo) solid enough to be trusted yet. Clean them up a bit, and we'll see

To be honest eliminating the Jihadi elements of the rebels and forcing the moderates (original FSA) and the regime to a UN brokered deal is the only way this ends without an ever bigger bloodbath than now.

If there was a credible plan to get there i'd support it but I haven't heard one and I don't have one myself. I wish I did.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Terrorism is going to flourish either way.

Many of the Syrian rebels have already stated that they know once they get rid of Assad, that they are going to have to turn around and fight the other terrorists that helped them in order to keep it from turning into a state run by Political Islam.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here's the closest to the truth we're going to see.

"After Bashar falls, I see the FSA battalions dividing into three parts. Some will go home to their previous lives, some will join us in establishing the rule of sharia, and a third part will become a sahwa and turn and fight us."

More feared even than the threat of an "awakening", is the risk of splits among the jihadi fighters themselves. In another part of the eastern countryside, I met a senior al-Nusra commander whose self-confident, jihadi way of speaking deserted him as he pondered the difficulties facing his group.

"I expected clashes with everyone: with the tribes, with the FSA, with anyone," he said. "But with other jihadis? I never thought that day would come."

In what many considered a coup against al-Nusra, the leader of the Iraqi branch of al-Qaida, Abu Bakra al-Baghdadi, declared that he would merge his own organisation with that of his Syrian brothers, under his leadership. The feud that followed was reminiscent of the infighting between warring branches of the Ba'ath party in Iraq and Syria in the 1960s.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The bankers supply the loans that are used to make the weapons and supplies, which are produced by people just earning a living.

If one attacks all sides, everyone takes damage, and that is what it will have to come to eventually for everyone if we don't find something better before that.

Accept the bare minimum now, willfully, before you are forced to accept less or nothing later.

I fear it's way, way, way too late. I hope I'm wrong though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join