It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holding US Federal Politicians Responsible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
How would your garden variety US federal politician behave if very large and well-supported civilian organizations let them know that they would be held accountable for their deeds while in office?

I can think of a few situations where a little bit of investigation would reveal things that were so morally reprehensible and evil that those involved ought to face the long arm of the law, even if the law has to come from organizations other than the federal government itself. If the perpetrators thought that they could be accountable for such deeds, would they still happen?

Of late, there's been a few states that have voiced their concerns (at legislative and gubernatorial levels) and are bringing about nullification laws. And of course the current regime (Holder) has threatened to arrest them. It's become quite apparent that the federal government is no longer representative and has become an entity of its own. Fiscal irresponsibility, ignorance or at least misinterpretation of constitutional law, and a general militarization of federal agencies which previously have been purely administrative, are all rife.

If the 'civilian' or more aptly the 'states' populations started to organize, and laid down the law for our supposedly representative federal government on a personal level (i.e. war crimes committed by Bush, illegal clandestine agency activities, false flag wars) and let individuals know the consequences, could we convince them to again become representative? act responsibly in a global environment? balance a budget?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Umm yeah, look I pay for a service and that service is not being done. So why am I still paying for it? Business is business.
The conversation goes like this.
I need a road to sell my wares.
"Ok I'll print this paper as an IOU"
Great, I and whoever uses this service will pay a fee to maintain this service so long as it gets payed off and so long as it works.
End of conversation.

edit on 1-9-2013 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We are far past the point where we should of Recalled these cockroaches, and we haven't.

Whats it going to take before we stand with one voice and tell them they are all fired?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
We are far past the point where we should of Recalled these cockroaches, and we haven't.

Whats it going to take before we stand with one voice and tell them they are all fired?

I think we're pretty close to that.

But looking a little further, as a new member is elected to Congress, President, or appointed to the Supreme Court, if they knew that an organized group of citizens of the states would call them out and prosecute them for atrocities, negligence, or impropriety, would they still be so inclined to leave the country in the state of devastation it's so quickly veering toward? And I use 'prosecute' loosely. Use your imagination.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot

Originally posted by benrl

I think we're pretty close to that.

But looking a little further, as a new member is elected to Congress, President, or appointed to the Supreme Court, if they knew that an organized group of citizens of the states would call them out and prosecute them for atrocities, negligence, or impropriety, would they still be so inclined to leave the country in the state of devastation it's so quickly veering toward? And I use 'prosecute' loosely. Use your imagination.

That exist, its us, as in all of us citizens. ITS already our job to do that, and we don't, we have handed off the keys to corporate interest all in the name of safety.

IT is the DUTY of every citizen of the Constitutional Republic to hold their reps to task, and how many of us honestly do?

Theres no need for further bureaucracy or organization, its time for the people of this nation to take their DUTY seriously.
edit on 1-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

I noticed that you threw Bush into all that, But where was Obama?

Like it or not Obama is a much worse president than Bush ever was!

You are right though they do need held accountable!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Agreed. His admin however has been pretty slinky about their violations. When he gets enough executive orders under his belt that are entirely unconstitutional, he needs to be fair game. So far, most of it has been rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think of the government of the future like a general store or a gas station mechanic. Or a traffic signal cop, you know doing things that you can train a monkey to do. I don't think politics will survive this time around.

top topics

join