It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Must Watch* Ben Swann: What the Media Isn't Telling You About War in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I've gotten into a few debates with friends who believe we, as a world super power, should step in to Syria and protect the innocent people who can't protect themselves.

I think this news report does a great job at showing that 'helping' isn't as simple as a 2 day tomahawk missile excursion like Obama so claims. You fire on a nation as messy as Syria is right now there are guaranteed ramifications.

Another excellent report from Ben Swann.

Last note: I don't know how many of you already know this but Ben Swann has left his network and gone completely independent and crowd funded. I think that was a courageous move on his part, he took a big risk and don't know about you guys but I'm going to support him even more now.

edit on 1-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I could not get past the 1:30 mark.

The US is not the only country giving money, and aid to the FSA hell most of that is coming from so call 'arab' allies.
edit on 1-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Very informative video which I will send to as many family and friends as I can. Unfortunately, I don't know how many people will even bother to watch or try to understand. Many people seem to not want to know the truth. They are happy in ignorance. It's comfortable for them.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You should. Admittedly, its a stripped down message to be sure and it does less of the complexity than some of our discussions.

However, its professional enough to be taken seriously as 'news' by your average joe. That single video if broadcast could have more effect than 10 years of ATS postings.

If you reference this site to anybody 'normal' you have lost the argument immediately.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I should listen to a guy saying half truths ?

Nope I shouldn't.

What the media isn't telling me I already know. Maybe the title of the thread needs to be redone to what Benn Swan isn't telling you.

Did he list other countries that are actively aiding the FSA ?

No he didn't.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Unless alternative media gets to the same level of polish as mainstream media things will continue to get worse.

Lets face it, posting the truth on here makes us feel better but it achieves exactly zero in the world at large.

I was suggesting it had merit as an attempt to do that and was worth considering. You don't think so thats fine.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well first off Ben Swan contradicts himself from the get go. Next up he said the Us was 'aiding' the FSA. Who he admited is losing fighters to AQ affilates.

So what way is it ?

Are we arming the FSA or AQ ?

Can't be both.

Then I suggest people read this instead of listening to a pundit.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

So why didn't Benn Swan enlighten all the 'ignorant' masses on this ?

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[65]

AQ

The aid to the FSA that is getting hijacked and funneled to Saudi Arabia's 'Blackwater' AQ and affilates.

Seems Ben left quite a bit out. He was right about one thing there is a vast plethora of information out there for those who are willing to do independent research.

Yep the US is there, but who is the bigger wolf in sheeps clothing ?

Saudi, and their 'allies' going after Syria because they have long plotted against Assad.

Don't like Assad especially the other side of that coin backing his plays Iran.

Sunni and Shia sectarian violence rinse and repeated because neither country has the balls to go after each other directly.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Meh.

Of little significance?

What the media isn't telling us about the media.

That or I have terrible math skills.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here is some more information that says Ben Swan is full of bullsnip.

Bush has said Pelosi’s trip signals that the Assad government is part of the international mainstream when it is not. The United States says Syria allows Iraqi Sunni insurgents to operate from its territory, backs the Hezbollah and Hamas militant groups and is trying to destabilize the Lebanese government. Syria denies the allegations.

Check out the date of the article.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its a simplified message as I said but thats deliberate. Its not aimed at people already willing to do research and apply critical thinking.

Its aimed at people who are lapping up the 'Assad Evil Dictator oppressing population - we must bomb for justice' narrative being constructed by every mainstream broadcast channel.

A little truth might push the door open for some more. Understand and respect why you don't agree.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Syria was a 'beacon of peace' ?

The list began on December 29, 1979, with Libya, Iraq, South Yemen, and Syria. Cuba was added to the list on March 1, 1982; and Iran was added on January 19, 1984.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Syrian state has been called both a victim and perpetrator of terrorism. The United States government accuses the government of Syria of sponsoring what some consider terrorism, specifically through its past and current support for such organizations as Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Abu Musa Organization, and the Popular Struggle Front.[1] Since the beginning of the Syrian civil war, the country was swept by multiple terrorist acts, initiated by radical anti-government Islamists and in some case the FSA. The Syrian Government was also accused of using terrorism against civilians in opposition controlled areas.

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States established diplomatic relations with Syria in 1944 following U.S. determination that Syria had achieved effective independence from a French-administered mandate. Syria severed diplomatic relations with the United States in 1967 in the wake of the Arab-Israeli War. Relations were reestablished in 1974. Syria has been on the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism since the list's inception in 1979. Because of its continuing support and safe haven for terrorist organizations, Syria is subject to legislatively mandated penalties, including export sanctions under the Syrian Accountability Act and ineligibility to receive most forms of U.S. aid or to purchase U.S. military equipment.

During 1990-2001, the United States and Syria cooperated to a degree on some regional issues, but relations worsened from 2003 to early 2009. Issues of U.S. concern included the Syrian Government's failure to prevent Syria from becoming a major transit point for foreign fighters entering Iraq, its refusal to deport from Syria former Saddam Hussein regime elements supporting the insurgency in Iraq, its interference in Lebanese affairs, its protection of the leadership of Palestinian rejectionist groups in Damascus, its human rights record, and its pursuit of weapons of mass destruction. In early 2009, the United States began to review its Syria policy in light of changes in the country and the region, leading to an effort to engage with Syria to find areas of mutual interest, reduce regional tensions, and promote Middle East peace.

www.state.gov...

Dunno why Swann painted such a rose picture of Syria. It is anything but, and has always been screwed up.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Assad is LOW as they come.

Anyone saying he isn't is not living in reality.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If people are going to talk about the ME game:

Talk about ALL the players

Swann epically failed.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Assad is LOW as they come.

Anyone saying he isn't is not living in reality.

Agreed, but that alone isn't a justification for doing anything when his opponents are by and large as bad.

We should be trying to force all sides to negotiate. That we are not interested in that is instructive in itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

First mistake as I was not justifying interventionism in Syria.

Just calling all the players by their names.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

edit on 1-9-2013 by justwokeup because: its beneath me

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

edit on 1-9-2013 by justwokeup because: its beneath me

What is?

That Syria has China, Russia, and Iran involved in the help of murdering innocent people too?

That no one really cares about the atrocities happening there? That its all a political game, played with lives?

That The Worlds Governments are making money off of misery?

Its not beneath me to know the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Have to admit your ' First mistake' jibe wound me up there and I had to delete my post. My bad, i'll be thicker skinned in our discussions.

(the previous post was too snarky and not really to the required level of civility)

Your points about it being a limited take on the situation are valid. Where we differ is I don't think that matters as much as it gets a little of the point across in a way that will be heard. As opposed to other sources that will just be ignored.

edit on 1-9-2013 by justwokeup because: clarification

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
of course he said that.

and of course all the evil things that he's done SINCE people told Obama "No" is true too

wait for more back n forth and the % of Americans who support it to rise slowly lol.. each story will be tailored for the audience its shown to and forums, youtube, ect will go crazy 'discussing' the topic while the threads are index'd by Google promoting it to even more people, raising the sites mentioned in those threads rankings on Google keeping it in front of everyone's faces. even with nofollow on those links it's gonna still help as google expects some to not have it. you could stop them from listing in search, but then other people will just take what you left, all because of ad revenue. then they go complain whats happening isn't right.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes prince Bandar from Saudi Arabia is very invested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join