It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fannie Gumbinger killed by Javon Tyrek Rogers in her Hudson Valley home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
20-year-old man charged with killing 99-year-old woman in her upstate NY home

www.newsday.com...

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. –
Police have arrested a man they say killed a woman nearly 80 years his senior inside her Hudson Valley home.

Poughkeepsie City Police say 20-year-old Javon Tyrek Rogers was arraigned Saturday, charged with burglary and first-degree murder in the death of 99-year-old Fannie Gumbinger. They say he was arrested at 11 p.m. Friday night.

Gumbinger's body was found Wednesday morning after a caretaker suspected something was wrong inside the woman's house and called police. An autopsy Thursday determined that Gumbinger died from multiple injuries inside the home she'd lived alone in since her husband's death in 2007.

I imagine more information will eventually develop, and in the meantime, I feel very uncomfortable posting this type of criminal news event. What is the problem?
edit on 1-9-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2013 by kosmicjack because: added ex tags for external content

edit on Sun Sep 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: use source title

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This isn't political news.

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Wonder if this'll become another media circus because it's a race case?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

this is not political, and please stop falling into the trap. They want a race issue to become of all this as to further divide and conquer the people, and they want us to look away from the white house and all its real crimes. Just delete your thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peacetime
This isn't political news.

2nd line.

It is to me, but it's been moved to current events.. so you can calm down now..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Does the headline bother you at all? I think that's why it was important to post.. this is about vulnerable persons who are frequently and predominately subject to vicious crimes.. I never said anything about "race related issue..". However, I'm not scared to comment about those related issues either.

Have a cup of coffee..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
no surprise there,.
it will be swept under the carpet, however you can bet if it was a white kid that beat a black woman to death there would already be protests in the streets and mayhem by the black community. This keeps happening and yet nothing gets said,. where is obamas opinion now?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

The MSM will almost never report black on white violence because it is either too politically incorrect, they are too fearful of the race issue or both. If they do report it's generally just "teens or juveniles" and they never point out that it was racial.

Of course if it's a white person defending themselves against blacks then all whites are racist, again.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
While the article doesn't emphasize the race... I like how the op did...

Its tragic that an old women was killed by a thug, race need not be the issue, criminals often fall with in certain socio-economic bracket.
edit on 1-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Circus or not, let's show a little sensitivity to the age of the victim, vs. the youth and vitality of a very young man. Does anyone here think about how horrendous it must be to be an honorable senior citizen in society, and to be subjected to criminal behavior this way..

God, I do not care about msm, and where the race thing is concerned, you be the judge..
Don't play it off as though it's not relevant or important as a social problem in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Its tragic that an old women was killed by a thug, race need not be the issue, criminals often fall with in certain socio-economic bracket.

I said look at the age buddy.. the race thing is not something that I brought up, members here on ATS did.

I would be more concerned about the age of the victim as I cannot understand how healthy virulent young men can target small ladies and feel as though that's warranted behavior and homicide.

Get over the black card folks... Also the title of the thread actually belongs to Jeff Rense.. not me.
Sorry if the language offends of black on white offends you..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802

I said look at the age buddy.. the race thing is not something that I brought up, members here on ATS did.

I would be more concerned about the age of the victim as I cannot understand how healthy virulent young men can target small ladies and feel as though that's warranted behavior and homicide.

Get over the black card folks.. someone must be laughing..

Than why emphasis it in your title, divisive much? The media article didn't even do that, but you did.

I see here a crime caused by the degradation of Education among lower income education brackets, the proliferation of the "ghetto" mentality.

The same that can be found from inner city to trailer park despite race.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Get over the black card folks.. someone must be laughing..

Than why emphasis it in your title, divisive much? The media article didn't even do that, but you did.

I see here a crime caused by the degradation of Education among lower income education brackets, the proliferation of the "ghetto" mentality.

The same that can be found from inner city to trailer park despite race.

The title comes from the Jeff Rense website, and I just added it automatically.. sorry if the truth bothers you.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

The MSM will almost never report black on white violence because it is either too politically incorrect, they are too fearful of the race issue or both. If they do report it's generally just "teens or juveniles" and they never point out that it was racial.

Of course if it's a white person defending themselves against blacks then all whites are racist, again.

Here here..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can anyone find this thugs twitter or facebook account?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Get over the black card folks...

When you typed the title to your thread you typed the word "blackman" and "white women". so you did bring it up, i looked at the original article and that wasn't the head line. You are trying to back track now and it is sad. I know its not your fault completely for being influenced so easily by the media. But now that you know that you being influenced, actively try and change that.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

are you truly that delusional? here is the proof

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's the JEFF RENSE website title, and I just posted it.. without worry.
It is not a title that I originally created. You can go to the rense website and see if there for yourself.
I can see that you were right about that though.. sorry man.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join