It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Syria: Assad Says He Is Ready For Fight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Me either. I got rid of being "baited" when I was, sh** what in high school?
Old dogs do old tricks. Here you go folks, enjoy some MLK in ur AI.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Strike is not going to happen-was never gonna happen. Tried to tell you guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

...Mr Assad told Syrian state television his country is capable of confronting any external aggression.

if One reads that sentence correctly... Assad is saying Syria can go into the boxing ring to fight a heavyweight

but Assad does not say that Syria will take-the-punch or weather-the-storm from an opponent
nor does he mean that Syria will give the other fighter a bloody nose...

all he's saying that they (Syria) will face the other aggressor (USA or proxy Jihadists)... thats what 'confronting' means

edit on 1-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
IF Assad was smart he's sit back and shut the hell up. Last I saw, 80% of the American people are against action in Syria. If he starts shooting off his mouth, he'll get Americans all worked up and they'll decide to go shut his mouth for him. That's just how we roll over here. Right now he's got 80% of Americans saying 'dont' go to Syria'. But that could easily switch if he taunts us ... (yes, that's how we roll .. it's human nature)

You americans will get a massive shock when Assad and the Syrian army start blowing stealth bombers out of the skys with advanced Russian weaponry.
You easily forget that even Iran took control of your most advanced jet powered stealth drone and flew it into Iran.
edit on 1-9-2013 by SKUNK2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

I don't think anyone would be shocked, it would just kind of show where and what Syria has, which I seriously doubt is much of anything. Why would Iran reveal any secret weapons it might have against a few bombs and some missiles in any other country other than Iran. If they do have anything noteworthy, it would be used in defense of Iranian nuclear facilities, not in defense of Syria.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300

news.sky.com

President Assad says Syria is capable of confronting military action, as the US claims it has evidence of sarin gas use.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said the "case is building" for a military attack and that the administration learned of the sarin use through samples of hair and blood provided to Washington by first responders in Damascus.

Mr Assad told Syrian state television his country is capable of confronting any external aggression.

More follows ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

COME AND 'AVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU'RE 'ARD E'NUFF...,

edit on 1-9-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Of course!! Americans love to hear things like this so they can say "Oh, you wanna bet?"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I agree. That's my feeling too. If it does he won't be able to do anything to us. Its what he might do to his own people that's worrisome.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Assad is an idiot. He can't even hold up a fight well against a bunch of unorganized terrorists in his own country, what would possess him to even consider throwing out such a comment to Obama... Which Obama is already ready to start lobbing missiles and flying his drones...

Assad just needs to worry about his own backyard, because its only a matter of time until the big bad bully on the block comes a knockin'

-SAP-
edit on 1-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

yes it seems America wants to overthrow those countries and his plan of doing one at a time is working.
there are still a few contries iran/Russia china etc left to conquer,
maybe they should wake up band together and defeat the evil empire

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I seem to recall Saddam Hussein saying the same thing right before the Iraq War.. then we found him in a hole in the ground cowering....

We don't NEED another war.. geez, but if he's using Sarin gas on his people and no one will act, who WILL? Russia? hah... Iran? Hell no... We would.. we're damned if we DO and damned if we DON'T...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
I seem to recall Saddam Hussein saying the same thing right before the Iraq War.. then we found him in a hole in the ground cowering....

We don't NEED another war.. geez, but if he's using Sarin gas on his people and no one will act, who WILL? Russia? hah... Iran? Hell no... We would.. we're damned if we DO and damned if we DON'T...

If he was using sarin gas on his people lots more people would be screaming and asking for help.

All I hear is another excuse for UK and USA to go to war and install another puppet somewhere in the middle east.

Its like drinking the same whiskey again and again, but some people never get tired(learn).

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Read the last post on this old thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting?

I know a lot of people find these kinds of threads a touch batty, but the Baba Vanga prophecies that are circulated are said to be faked. Her 'real' words are far more interesting.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Capable of confronting any external aggression, eh? Right.

He hasn't been able to get back anything he's lost control of, so he sets off a chemical weapon hoping that the psychological impact is so great that the revolutionists back off. I think he gambled with his own fate and now he's about to get his ass handed to him.

Assad had his chance. Dictator's don't know how to gracefully step down from power. Back them into a corner and they become unstable and unpredictable. Everything this man and his family have known is coming to an end and at the end of the day do the unthinkable - rain chemical weapons on any one of his neighbors, then it's too late.

In my circles we call this the Damascus phase.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

He hasn't been able to get back anything he's lost control of, so he sets off a chemical weapon hoping that the psychological impact is so great that the revolutionists back off. I think he gambled with his own fate and now he's about to get his ass handed to him.

Where the proof, there's PLENTY of Video showing him walking around Damascus if he lost control he wouldn't be able to do that.

Assad had his chance. Dictator's don't know how to gracefully step down from power. Back them into a corner and they become unstable and unpredictable. Everything this man and his family have known is coming to an end and at the end of the day do the unthinkable - rain chemical weapons on any one of his neighbors, then it's too late.

You words are 1000% uneducated, he was elected by POPULAR VOTE, so he ain't a DICTATOR, show the 2005/10 protests of 3/4 or more of Syrian wanting him to step down.

The only way to defeat Syria is 1. 10,000 or more missiles coming in at once, or nukes, other than that regular warfare, they have PLENTY of advanced Russia weapons to hit/hurt U.S.A-U.K/Israelis.
edit on 4-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

Where the proof, there's PLENTY of Video showing him walking around Damascus if he lost control he wouldn't be able to do that.

Talk about being uneducated, the fighting has been in and around Damascus not in it.

You words are 1000% uneducated, he was elected by POPULAR VOTE, so he ain't a DICTATOR, show the 2005/10 protests of 3/4 or more of Syrian wanting him to step down.

He is dictating so that makes him a dictator. Oh, and that hill the presidential palace sits on? I bet there is a bunker underneath it that he'll soon be sitting in.

The only way to defeat Syria is 1. 10,000 or more missiles coming in at once, or nukes, other than that regular warfare, they have PLENTY of advanced Russia weapons to hit/hurt U.S.A-U.K/Israelis.
edit on 4-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

And when this regime falls you are going to have to come back here and eat your crow
Russia has already said that won't go to war over Syria. Now what?

Israel isn't in this mess unless Assad lobs chemical weapons at them for fear he has nothing else to lose, so he wants to go out with a bang. Then Bible prophecy will be fulfilled and Damascus will be an uninhabitable heap of ruins.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300

news.sky.com

President Assad says Syria is capable of confronting military action, as the US claims it has evidence of sarin gas use.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said the "case is building" for a military attack and that the administration learned of the sarin use through samples of hair and blood provided to Washington by first responders in Damascus.

Mr Assad told Syrian state television his country is capable of confronting any external aggression.

More follows ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

I would agree with other posters with the opinion that assad should shut to hell up, if he mocks and taunts I am sure most US people agree to go and send a missile down his throat or up his ass or both.... it looks more and more likely now that this strike will take place....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Apparently you don't keep in touch with current events. Assad has been taking back any territory that was lost to the rebels(Al Qaida and US backed mercenaries). That's why it seemed ridiculous that he would use chemical weapons. He is winning the war. That is why the US wants to attack. It is an act of desperation. Assad had his chance? What chance was that? Step down from power as the legitimate government of Syria? Let terrorists control the country? Let the United States turn Syria into a failed state as is their plan? Assad is not crazy or evil. He has done what any responsible leader should do in his position. You need to stop letting yourself be brainwashed, fool.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
IF Assad was smart he's sit back and shut the hell up. Last I saw, 80% of the American people are against action in Syria. If he starts shooting off his mouth, he'll get Americans all worked up and they'll decide to go shut his mouth for him. That's just how we roll over here. Right now he's got 80% of Americans saying 'dont' go to Syria'. But that could easily switch if he taunts us ... (yes, that's how we roll .. it's human nature)

That's one of the saddest thing I have read in a while. For everyone reading that post, please know that we are not all like this. No one that I know would ever want to start a war because of what one man says. I can only speak for myself and those of whom I know personally. Sorry for the ignorance that has been shown.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif

Apparently you don't keep in touch with current events. Assad has been taking back any territory that was lost to the rebels(Al Qaida and US backed mercenaries). That's why it seemed ridiculous that he would use chemical weapons. He is winning the war. That is why the US wants to attack. It is an act of desperation. Assad had his chance? What chance was that? Step down from power as the legitimate government of Syria? Let terrorists control the country? Let the United States turn Syria into a failed state as is their plan? Assad is not crazy or evil. He has done what any responsible leader should do in his position. You need to stop letting yourself be brainwashed, fool.

What have you been listening to is the real question?Lol I'm trying my best to get past the name calling and it's not working real well at the moment. So why don't you go read this for starters:

www.economist.com...

edit on 4-9-2013 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join