Breaking: Syria: Assad Says He Is Ready For Fight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Breaking: Syria: Assad Says He Is Ready For Fight

news.sky.com

President Assad says Syria is capable of confronting military action, as the US claims it has evidence of sarin gas use.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said the "case is building" for a military attack and that the administration learned of the sarin use through samples of hair and blood provided to Washington by first responders in Damascus.

Mr Assad told Syrian state television his country is capable of confronting any external aggression.

More follows ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
President Assad says Syria is capable of confronting military action, as the US claims it has evidence of sarin gas use.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said the "case is building" for a military attack and that the administration learned of the sarin use through samples of hair and blood provided to Washington by first responders in Damascus.

Mr Assad told Syrian state television his country is capable of confronting any external aggression.

More follows ...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Don't be fooled, we all know it was used, but the question remains, who used it?

Funny they are now only talking about building a case on the use of sarin

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is getting stupid.

Evidence of Gas used by whom Mr Kerry?

Of course Assad says he's gonna fight. Is he gonna tell his faction that he intends to surrender.

The lack of rigour and obvious bias in both Sky and BBC makes it hard to watch these days without getting a 'cognitive dissonance' headache. RT and the others are no better but you expect those to be biased and take with a heavy pile of salt.

The 'BBC and Sky news are impartial' idea collides violently with the 'this is all obvious propaganda' idea. I need paracetamol.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
IF Assad was smart he's sit back and shut the hell up. Last I saw, 80% of the American people are against action in Syria. If he starts shooting off his mouth, he'll get Americans all worked up and they'll decide to go shut his mouth for him. That's just how we roll over here. Right now he's got 80% of Americans saying 'dont' go to Syria'. But that could easily switch if he taunts us ... (yes, that's how we roll .. it's human nature)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

"The American threats of launching an attack against Syria will not discourage Syria away from its principles ... or its fight against terrorism supported by some regional and Western countries, first and foremost the United States of America."
(from your link)

He doesn’t hesitate with words does he. I wouldn't think that was wise at the moment. I don't envy him his role in life one bit.

peace
edit on 1-9-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Looks like john kerry is an evil person and a sore loser of the worst kind. He is impatient, pre-judgemental, aggressive, and to be honest he reeks of a war agenda.

As for assad, what was he supposed to say? Only losers give up, especially when they have right on their side. Assad didn't use chemical weapons. FSA and MB did as there were videos put up on youtube that show them experimenting with sarin gas.

NATO has been arming MB forces now for years, has been anti assad, anti gadafhi, anti mubarak.....and they expect us to believe they are impartial and full of truth. Give me a break and get lost mr kerry. You are an asshole!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here's a link for more at

Reuters -

came out 2 mins ago.

peace
edit on 1-9-2013 by silo13 because: bbc again

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This isn't surprising. I'm sure he will fight back one way or another. He sees us as the terrorist, backing the terrorists he is fighting more and more each day. What does surprise me is Kerry's rhetoric. Why does he feel the need to say he is confident congress will give its backing and "case is building". I'm sure he feels that way but its been less than 24 hours since the nation was addressed. We all know how they feel - let it simmer for a few days.

It's almost feeling like a personal matter with these statements. It is a real issue - no doubt about that. But without more to work from than what we already know they just need to stop with the reassurances to themselves, outloud to millions. At minimum to save face if congress says no. At best to stop antagonizing the situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
He can't even hardly fight the rebels without using chemical weapons and wiping out his own people, what can he do against the US? Not much. If I was him I would just shut up and start digging some more bomb shelters.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
IF Assad was smart he's sit back and shut the hell up. Last I saw, 80% of the American people are against action in Syria. If he starts shooting off his mouth, he'll get Americans all worked up and they'll decide to go shut his mouth for him. That's just how we roll over here. Right now he's got 80% of Americans saying 'dont' go to Syria'. But that could easily switch if he taunts us ... (yes, that's how we roll .. it's human nature)

In my opinion, He's not taunting, he's saying "We will defend ourselves".

He's also not getting Americans worked up by saying what he's said, the media is.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

This isn't surprising. I'm sure he will fight back one way or another. He sees us as the terrorist, backing the terrorists he is fighting more and more each day. What does surprise me is Kerry's rhetoric. Why does he feel the need to say he is confident congress will give its backing and "case is building". I'm sure he feels that way but its been less than 24 hours since the nation was addressed. We all know how they feel - let it simmer for a few days.

It's almost feeling like a personal matter with these statements. It is a real issue - no doubt about that. But without more to work from than what we already know they just need to stop with the reassurances to themselves, outloud to millions. At minimum to save face if congress says no. At best to stop antagonizing the situation.

Typical response from a deluded dictorial dynastic psychotic nut job with balls the size of petite pois

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Get Ready for IRAQ mark 2. Then after Syria it will IRAN...circle the wagons approach.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

In my opinion, He's not taunting, he's saying "We will defend ourselves".

He's also not getting Americans worked up by saying what he's said, the media is.

Indeed.

He's trying to re-assure his embattled populace that they can survive the fact that the Gulf Arab gang has placed a hit on them with the Washington mob. It remains to be seen if the contract can be fulfilled or the hitters will revolt.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
He can't even hardly fight the rebels without using chemical weapons and wiping out his own people, what can he do against the US? Not much.

How about infecting (willing) suicide bombers with a biological weapon that is incubated (undetectable) in the blood stream for a few days. Then the bombers fly to the US, and start sneezing.

Everyone on the jet will be infected within a few hours. They won't start spreading the disease until a few days later after reaching their destination.

Before you know it, SARS, ebola + others, are spreading like wild fire throughout the air conditioning where they work, live or transport.

In a couple of days after the suicide bombers die off, everyone who breathed in the 'airborn' bacteria will be sneezing.

If this happens with Syria as the culprit, Obama could say, 'look people, if you let me bomb Syria, this would never have happened'. He could also blame congress seeing that they are going to take a week to think about things.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ress-risks-devastating-Obamas-credibility.html

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Something like that could happen at any time anyways,
actually I am surprised it has not yet.

Certainly a possibility though.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ehh

Of course there are «evidences» of using chemical weapon, but by WHOSE ORDER..?? there are more evidences that those attacks were conducted by foreign forces than President Assad’s army.

Face it, only the evil foreigner terrorists would do such a horrible crime (since they are not attached to the local and national society), President Assad speak the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That's just how we roll over here.

Ha. how typical of the Americans.

Only 20% of you gun nut folk's want to go to war. Now that i don't believe
edit on 1-9-2013 by coolcatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
Don't be fooled, we all know it was used, but the question remains, who used it?

Funny they are now only talking about building a case on the use of sarin

Were you reading my mind!?

First the Assad regime was horrible, then he was killing his own people, then the US backed the FSA (al-queda), then chemical weapons were used (donated by Saudi Arabia to the rebels who then misused it, is what I read), now they are repeating crap we already know (it was used) as a pretext to enter into ANOTHER war?

I have said it before,

If all the nations on Earth were to send in their leaders first, there would be no war. They can armchair general just like the best of us on ATS!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I've never wanted to kill people or possibly get killed because of the "taunts" of someone. What a strange and sad culture you live in where people can be so easily swayed because a leader of a foreign country wants to protect his country's interests...

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join