It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Recruiting at The University of Wisconson: Gets More Than They Bargained For!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Recruiting others to be traitors to the people.

traitors to the ideals of America.

they deserve tarred and feathered.

ridiculed and spit on is the least they should have done everywhere they go.

Worse enemy to the people than HITLER!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by MRuss

Students turn NSA recruiting session into a HEARING

This wasn't last week, it was in July. Already covered on ATS.

I was going to point that out too, but couldn't remember what the previous thread title was called. I guess a lot of people missed this first time round.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

Recruiting others to be traitors to the people.

traitors to the ideals of America.

they deserve tarred and feathered.

ridiculed and spit on is the least they should have done everywhere they go.

Worse enemy to the people than HITLER!

Get a handle on that hatred before it eats you up from the inside out.

As much as it's the running fad and such great joy to bash America, American intelligence agencies and everything that is the least bit related to either one? It shows ignorance more than anything amusing when pushed to that extreme.

Someday, either we'll get the reform we want, a new President will emerge to clean this up to an 'acceptable' level (or Congress) as happened in the 1970's when the extreme abuses of the Vietnam era were faced and dealt with ..OR ... The world will start looking at us like it's 1940 and we're all a bit German after all. However it comes, this will be worked out eventually.

When that is over, THESE SAME AGENCIES WILL BE THERE. They will still be needed, as they are today. They will still be running and supporting national defense, as they are SUPPOSED to be today.

The agencies, their capabilities and the normal people working in them are NOT the problem here. EVERY MAJOR NATION IN THE WORLD HAS AN N.S.A. OR SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR. Those who aren't aware of that ARE the very example of WILLFUL ignorance while debating this topic, IMO.

People....are the problem. A handful of people have the level of power to corrupt and warp what IS necessary about Intelligence and Military both. (Pure flaming incompetence does MUCH more) Another handful (Dozens, really) between Executive branch and Legislative branch office holders/appointees corrupt everything on the civilian/public side.

.....It's much more fun to just "blame America" than blame individual people though. Individuals can be acted against politically or criminally. It demands action and work. Effort is needed beyond playing a keyboard Rambo and sitting in Momma's basement. So very few of those bashing America like a sport ever WILL move beyond looking for more than the "big fun target" to throw hate at.

Sad about that......because nothing ever changes or improves that way.

edit on 2-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone is sticking up for anyone in the NSA.

Guilty by association.

That's like saying the Nazi soldiers werent complicit because they were following Hitlers orders.

Seriously?

Um, the. Nuremberg trials didn't see it that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

running fad? --- NOPE.. justifiable anger against ENEMIES of the people.

the things the employees of NSA are doing ? about the MOST DETESTABLE things our ancestors would KILL THEM ALL FOR!

Imagine living in a day.. A day that if described 50 years ago would have EVERY red-blooded American male

----> ON THE WARPATH

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

Guilty by association.

That's like saying the Nazi soldiers werent complicit because they were following Hitlers orders.

Seriously?

well said

could not have said it better myself

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Great post. This is what we need more of in this country. Yet more proof that we're not just a nation of low-information voters who will just keep going with the flow. The internet is making it easier and easier to expose their lies and spread the word.

I'm sure we won't be seeing this story in the MSM but let's hope social media can make it spread.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Except of course they would never give us that. They don't want an open debate, especially one that could potentially see them humiliated by intelligent young people. We have to take the chances we get to make a statement and make a bit of a show about it. That's how you get attention. Abbie Hoffman didn't call for debate forums.

I agree we should have freedoms for all, but the NSA long took ours away from us, so it's only fair to take theirs from them until ours is returned.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theboarman

Originally posted by MRuss

Guilty by association.

Seriously?

well said

could not have said it better myself

Here is the most F 'd part of it all..

the NAZI's BIGGEST WAR CRIMINALS were brought to America and basically fine tuned the letter agencies and eugenics.. And provided a NICER level of life than most taxpayers who were FOOTING THE BILL!!

Go figure.... AGENCIES that ACTUAL NAZI's were INVOLVED WITH........... END UP ACTING LIKE ----------> NAZI's!

and, JUST like Weimar Germany, MANY SHEEPLE applauded them EVERY ignorant step of the way... until it was too late!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The issue isn't that the NSA collects data. As a signals intelligence collections organization, that is well within the charter of the NSA and the OSS that preceded it.

I would be disappointed if they didn't collect at least as much data as organized criminals, corporations and foreign governments do.

The concern should be what is done with irrelevant data about US citizens civil criminal activity.

They should do NOTHING with it. They should NOT forward it to local civilian police to apprehend and prosecute. Any data they collect is necessarily inadmissible in any court anyway. This is why the DOJ regularly obfuscates the origination of evidence, their cases are worthless.

When a K-9 police unit walks a dog past a front door and the dog makes a "drugs here" bark, the police are not allowed to further investigate. This has been upheld in the supreme court.

If you have a bulge in your pants (get your mind out of the gutter!), the police do not have cause to search you. I am always astonished at how people can let these basic constitutional violations go uncontested.

Another unquestionable restriction that has been ignored is the dissemination of citizens political activity for the purposes of coordinated harassment, intimidation and extortion.

Franky, this is the biggest and scariest of all.

It appears that these crimes have been coordinated by the executive branch in cooperation with the IRS (not that it would be OK otherwise).

If there is an impeachable offense here, that is the one.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I totally get your whole "taking the high road cause I'm better than everybody else" spiel, but I for one find it really difficult to blame these kids one bit for what they did. It's not as if they have access to the head decision makers at the NSA. And its hardly fair to call this an "ambush"! Those recruiters were coming to their campus whether they liked it or not. Those students had no say so in the matter. So they made use of a situation that was out if their control. Maybe I can't say with the full confidence of God Himself that they made the ABSOLUTE VERY BEST of the situation. But they made use of it. I'm sure if it was You in that situation, it would have gone much, much differently and would've ended with you marching victoriously into the white house to guide the whole galaxy into an era of everlasting peace and goodwill among mankind. But hey, these kids can barely read compared to the likes of you, so hey give em a break would ya? They tried. But hey I'll go tell them how badly they failed and next time not to even try, just let the NSA walk right in and have their way with them next time. Cause the effort they put up was clearly worse than taking no action whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

We each have our own opinions. Mine are heavily shaped by Occupy and the ignorance mixed with the youthful arrogance only kids can ever seem to manage.

That was a protest movement with the potential to change a nation. A totally wasted potential. 100% down the crapper. Why?? Well, because we had to be American, like these kids in the thread.

Logic and working to an OUTCOME? Hell.. That's "system talk" there. Evil ugly 'The system' talk.

It's far better to yell a bunch, look like total ass hats and accomplish NOTHING but to make the majority of America shake their heads and wonder if the morons from the national protests are returning or something.

Many people "do something" these days because they believe "doing anything" is better than nothing. Well... No.. Doing it WRONG is far WORSE than doing nothing. Doing Occupy WRONG gave the entire U.S. Law Enforcement establishment the free training and budget demands to arm up like a domestic military...and at levels the public wouldn't have so easily tolerated without protests in the middle of every major city in the nation at the time.

That is what "doing something" just to "do something" DOES when it's poorly thought out and with no clear intent to even get anything done. Better......FAR better...to do nothing and let people just kinda wonder if the protesters are rude morons...than do what these two did and remove all doubt ....while adding new doubts as to what the schools are putting out these days.

It's not about "high roads" it's about finding a road that GOES somewhere and not just to the "Bridge Out" signs and a crash to the rocks at the end.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Man We are in the same book. Just different chapters. I promise you this. And if we were somehow in some Post-apocalyptic 'village' or whatever would without a doubt come to some mutual agreeance for betterment.

The problem is your approach. The path is there, it was blazed a couple hundred years ago or so. Just that it has been overgrown. You must look at the ROOT..

in ANY society or structure there are undesirable character traits. Among the worst is the one where people will F someone else(s) over fore personal gain.. THEY NEED KILLED..

then we take step 2.. and move on.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

It isn't that I don't see your side. I do. You share a sentiment a number of folks here have, though you tend to put it more bluntly than most have the courage to do. Frankly. I respect that more than the people who dance around the issue with euphemisms and cute slogans for meaning precisely what you just said.

The problem I see with that are two fold. First, the most obvious and most pressing issue. Any civilian 'unit' or 'militia' group that encounters a professionally trained and disciplined military unit will live a few minutes. Maybe a bit longer if the military is feeling generous to take prisoners at that point. Total destruction is the only outcome possible, barring some freak occurance to turn the tables in a one-off development. Every encounter.

So average people taking about armed insurrection are, in the ultimate light of things, talking about suicide as sure as any spree killer we see today, for as much or little accomplished in the end.

I don't think the majority of folks believing that approach is right actually SEE the outcome in quite those terms....but this isn't the 1700's. We aren't colonists and those aren't British Redcoats with Muskets and Grapeshot we have an issue with. These ones have also been planning for this day longer than either you OR I have been alive. I don't even need to ask your age to know that. Only a small % of the elderly predate "Continuity Of Government" or COG as it sometimes appears in the back corners of budget reports. (The Totality Concept is another term I've heard used in ..some circles)

That is the name of the umbrella program that has spent 10's of billions for many decades doing absolutely nothing but ONE thing. Just ONE. Exploring, wargaming, anticipating and planning for EVERY possibly outcome, however wild or outlandish, which could somehow compromise the Government's ability to function.

You can bet your last dollars, revolution or armed insurrection were among the very first and have remained among the most pressing issues COG looks at, plans for and insures it can overcome without drama.

I.E....... I doubt anyone would get out of their house, dressed and armed for the "big day" and then, anywhere near a target without finding half the world (or so it would seem) landing on their head from all directions at once. That is just a TINY part of what we'd face...if going that route..and that is JUST the little bit the NSA and CIA have done in electronic intercepts to make that likely. The rest we don't even know code-names to discuss? Well..that's what makes armed resistance not only impossible, but suicidal in the truest sense.

Firebrand revolutionaries HATE hearing it. I know. However, the Revolutionaries of the 1960's WON their fight by doing it, in the end.

The only way to change the system is from WITHIN the system, or at least, with a working reltionship maintained during the effort. Outside -> In? Well, I'd rather be in the living room to adjust things, than stuck out in the cold trying to figure out a deadbolt lock that won't even let me in.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think the questions asked were fair game. These NSA recruiting agents were there to recruit the students.

Once that presentation is on the table it would only be logical in our current climate to ask those questions as part of the decision making process. IE; do these policies go against my morals and ideals? or I wonder if I can pull this off without it messing me up

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I just came back fronmk there!! STYAILL TRUEE...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join