NSA Recruiting at The University of Wisconson: Gets More Than They Bargained For!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
When NSA recruiters went to the University of Wisconsin earlier this week to pitch language students on working for the agency, they got more than they bargained for.....

The informed students turned the question-and-answer session into a hearing.

On trial were the NSA's lies, their legality, and how they define "adversary". The students recorded audio of the exchange on an iPhone proving that the language-analyst NSA recruiters were left tongue-tied.

"I'm surprised that for language analysts you're incredibly imprecise with your language," grad student Madiha Tahir charged when they failed to define what constitutes an adversary. "What you're selling us is untrue" she added.

"We also know that the NSA took down brochures and fact sheets after the Snowden revelations because those fact sheets had severe inaccuracies and untruths in them -- so how are we supposed to believe what you're saying?"

It's wonderful to see college students standing up for our country, applauding Snowden, Manning and Aussange. I definitely recommend hearing the exchange here: It's about 12 minutes, but you don't have to listen to the whole thing to get the gist of it. Impressive!

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Ooohhh ohoh.. that's painful to listen to. those guys are grilling those squirming fools.

Crikey... how embarrassment..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Wrong place to come to, just as Gov. Walker probably didn't know that when he messed with the unions in Madison Wisconsin he would have his head, if not his hat, handed to him.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Where is the link to listen to the exchange. The page says 'listen to the exchange below' but no link is there. Im in Italy, surely that has nothing to do with it.

Great to see this is happening though. It really seems the public the world over are waking up.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

there is a soundcloud link at the top, but there is also a copy here

soundcloud.com...

I grabbed it off there so I can listen to it offline also.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
Where is the link to listen to the exchange. The page says 'listen to the exchange below' but no link is there. Im in Italy, surely that has nothing to do with it.

Great to see this is happening though. It really seems the public the world over are waking up.

You can listen to the audio here.

soundcloud.com...

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

excellent. Thanks for that. This is great.

\the last week or so my confidence in the public the world over has improved. Guess the sheeple are waking up.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

HaHaHa! This is exactly why the gov. doesn't put much $ into the budget for education. They would have 0 recruits for their evil bidding if they didn't keep the population dumbed down. It's good to know that the young folk aren't going to take their lies.

Operation PRISM = millions of taxpayers dollars.
Asking NSA recruiters during a recruiting session what the qualifications are for being a whistleblower = priceless.
edit on 1-9-2013 by silverking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I think this kind of thing is childish and counter-productive, when the opportunity actually exists to have a useful exchange with them. I read a few articles here to see what all happened and I think this is the same one posted w/ video quite some time back.

Dumping on the recruiters is like holding Jay Carney personally accountable for what Obama does. They're sure connected, but hardly the ones to ambush.

Now if I were looking to accomplish something beyond becoming what I was challenging? (I've never respected shouting people down or ridicule when other options exist). I might turn the tables a bit and WELCOME the NSA and Military recruiters, for that matter, to all the Universities.

^^^ With just one small technical policy issue... Prior to having their recruiting fair, (WITHOUT being disrupted and basically denied their rights, to protest losing ours..
) they have to agree and sit for an open discussion forum, put together by the Student Body/Government on campus.

No open forum? No recruiting. Free speech for all and democracy in action.

Let them send their best to THAT forum so they can earn their recruiting time ...and the best minds the campuses can offer to have a deba.....err.. 'discussion' with them can twist them up like pretzels.

This was too much like picking on the screw ups who drew the short straw for the crap detail.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You know, we've all turned a blind eye to this or so long, it's about time people spoke up.
I just watched the movie RED again, because I want to watch RED 2.So I refreshed my memory.
And if you pay close attention, a lot of what they do to us, is in this movie.
Including satellite surveillance and NSA taping.

It's all out there. We just all took for granted it was never used against us, when it is.
edit on 9/1/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I agree with what you're saying wrabbit. I'd like to add though that although it seems like an ambush on these two lower level NSA agents the recording itself is another avenue for people to get the message out to more people.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

I agree with what you're saying wrabbit. I'd like to add though that although it seems like an ambush on these two lower level NSA agents the recording itself is another avenue for people to get the message out to more people.

I don't know...Should we walk into a military recruiter's office and hit him with constitutional questions on whether the President has the right to attack Styria?

Those NSA people might just be from HR hehe....

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I wouldn't have thought so since these agents were being asked questions directly about the agency they work for and are recruiting for. They should have most of the bases covered when they know questions like this will arise. It's not the same for the military recruiter. He'd take the questions but you'd get no answer. It's not his job.
edit on 1-9-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I'd say it honestly depends on who you are trying to get the message out to. It's at a University. Is this supposed to deter the CIS majors or Math majors who would be inclined to consider the NSA in the first place? I mean, the NSA isn't the US Army. They don't invite everyone to 'Be all you can be'. If you don't already know the answer to that in some important way, they don't want ya anyway.

A forum to pin them down with straight questions, where they are expected to be prepared and answer them would tend to grab the attention of those guys who may be the future NSA Officers and ripe recruits.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

IDK....I get your point, and perhaps there are more productive ways to make the case that working for the NSA requires the willingness to gather information at the request of the "policy makers" and be willing to to mislead and lie to the public about how, what and why things are collected, and WHO the actual targets are.

I think this young lady was awesome, and called a spade a spade. I have no qualms about low level NSA employees being called out when they're out trying to recruit our kids to participate in an agency that has become destructive to Freedom, and has become blatantly unconstitutional.
edit on 1-9-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im curious if anyone that was in the room while this exchange was going on was deterred from joining. I say, ambush any level of NSA because they have no limit as to how they will ambush us.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The divide is growing, distrust of once revered institutions is turning askew.

What looks like a bunch of uni kids calling out NSA is really the fomenting of something grander.

If history is anything to base this off, of course.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Students turn NSA recruiting session into a HEARING

This wasn't last week, it was in July. Already covered on ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Makes me proud to hear these students not just rolling over.. they are actually standing up .. I think this whole NSA fiasco has been a quiet shift in the tides.. who knows if the momentum will remain...

The world deserves honesty from their governments.. right now the US looks really bad, backstabbing our allies even

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Those two girls you prominently hear in the video deserve some serious kudos and recognition.. all of them who spoke out do.. even though they've all now landed themselves on terrorist watch lists for life

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join