Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well lets wait for the resident TEPCO shill to show up and tell us there is nothing to worry about its all lies.
he will tell us that there are safe doses of radiation.
very scary stuff but im not sure we can do anything..pretending its not happening isnt the answer though

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hey Guys, this is inexcusable on my part, because this is such a glaring issue. But I haven't really done much research at al on this topic. I was wondering if you guys could give me a crash course on just exactly what happened to start this mess? what was the catalyst so to speak? Was it an accident or did a group of people spark this?

Would love to hear your thoughts

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As insane as this seems, it is true. the 3 cores and spent fuel pools are slowly but without doubt poisioning the ocean and being obsorbed in the land mass. before too long this will become crystal clear to anyone. years from now your safe zone will be East of the rocky mountains, but evaporated sea water will bring the cesium rain beyond the ridgeline. There will be those whom will tell you all is well and the earth will heal itself, this will take a very long time. What most do not know is the actual numbers of mass stored in these spent fuel pools, If Tepco loses control of just one of these and hydrogen concentration becomes critical, this speeds up this process of spreading to the rest of the earth big time. As time goes forward more and more info will be released, they will censor and hack the real numbers to make you feel safer, if they disclose data, multiply it by at least 10 and you will have real information. All of the governments of the world know the truth, they just want you to not. This is not going away, Its coming our way.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

its here..on the west coast now. its been coming down in the rain for quite some time.
utube is full of videos showing radiation in the rain. its in the ground now, aborbed by plants
and eaten by animals who eat the plants...then carried into animals that eat animals.
when the rain evaporates it blows with the wind..anyone breathe air?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

I will just say this, Human stupidity, followed by a massive quake, then a tsunami, and more human stupidity.
I would say you have some reading to do. Look to the Japan form on this very board....

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zona

thats pretty much it in a nutshell

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Instead of pulling together as a world to solve problems we create more wars and chaos.

It's like seeing a man drowning in the water, and turning around to pick a fight with the man standing next to us.

smh

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

i shook my head when i read your post..
most people i talk to look at me puzzled.."wasnt that years ago?"
most people have no clue what is going on..there is a reason for that.
this is the most important thing in the world that is happening right now...period
it should be on the news everyday, people should be aware..yet..we hear nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Hi Autopat, I know, and understand this as my friends on the west coast are keeping me informed. This is the light dusting before the blanketing of the snowstorm with no real end in sight. Look for discolored and odd looking vegitation, this is the first indicator of primary contamination and breakdown of the cells. When you see plants changing colors before seasonal cycles and animals become weak and disoriented, this is your sign that it is too late. Wish you all of the best, but the birds will show you where you need to go, but even they are infected and spreading this furthur. Let the shills spin the BS, but this story is only on the introduction pages.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by larapa
reply to post by MariaLida

Do i need glasses or is the sea boiling , how is this possible ,i mean i'm just gob smacked , theres no way back we need to start pumping concrete on japan now!

You could pile concrete up to Mt. Everest height, it won't do any good. The radioactive contamination under the plant is being born out to sea by the groundwater table. That is the natural water flow from any land to the ocean under the ground. That close to the ocean, that water table is almost at the level of the plant. Radioactive elements and nuclides will just flow out from under any thing you pile on top of the site.

Their efforts to cool the plants by dumping water only creates more seepage of water thru and under the plants. They are trying to contain the "excess" in these tank farms but that is only an expedient temporary fix. They are not capturing all the water anyway.

Its a losing battle since the half life of many of these contaminants are thousands of years and will outlast any "barriers" man seeks to place in their path. In fact they will corrode their way thru. Radioactivity is like rust on steroids. It eats everything it comes in contact with.

Not a pretty picture because this means ultimately there is nothing to be done about the release of these substances. The containment is breached, the stuff is out. There is no putting it back.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

i have seen signs here on some vegetation, not a lot yet.
some trees are losing leaves already, others are not.
my cherry tree bore no fruit this year..odd.
the plume will arrive shortly it seems..i knew it would.
Canada seems to be getting nervous..as they should.
wish this country would wake up.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The world let TEPCO fumble around this for a couple of years yet the US needs to attack Syria over chemical weapons because they are such a big risk to the world.

Stupid...is a little too nice of a word...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

here is another kicker for you..Fukushima is built on land fill..
how long do you think before it starts sinking and falling apart?
if it hasnt already started.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That picture of the tank farms and the sea "boiling" is the scariest thing I have seen from there lately. Its in the OP video, here is another image of the ocean. Although I think its more accurate to describe the steam as condensation and not "boiling" (what do I know).

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Why cant they just cordon off the area of the sea where the leak is and just fill it with cement? What does it take to contain a nuclear reactor? Science buffs respond please?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

i had to laugh when i read this..nothing else i could do
its amazing really..truly amazing..
whose heads are really in the sand.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
reply to post by intrptr

here is another kicker for you..Fukushima is built on land fill..
how long do you think before it starts sinking and falling apart?
if it hasnt already started.

At the end of the OP video they highlight some text and interview a scientist that says just that. The water they have been pouring into these reactors and fuel pools has been eroding the earth under the plants and the ground is becoming "mushy". If the support structure were to fail beneath #4 spent fuel pool and the pool collapses and / or drains, a whole new round of fires and explosions will result.

Its a bit more complex than that, there are other factors. Still scary, I really don't want to think about it too much. I live on the west coast and I am going to go and walk my doggy. Practicing denial is my only solution to this mess right now.

Puts on thick rose colored glasses...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just recently, as in a few hours ago, I was having a conversation with some people when one of them insisted that THIS was NOT as IMPORTANT as making sure the children of Syria were taken care of!!! WHAT!! I said, "well if the ocean dies, guess what, children of the WORLD will die!" I did not even get a reply.

Some people are just so clueless, and it really isn't all their fault. I blame the mainstream!!

And I have decided too that this will be my last year of eating anything caught in the ocean. But in reality, would it really matter? If the ocean is completely contaminated within 10 years, I would probably wish to be dead anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

i dont blame you for putting your rose colored glasses on
what else can people do really.
as long as you are aware..thats what really counts...be aware

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Title: Press Conference with Hirohiko Izumida, Governor of Niigata Prefecture
Source: Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Japan
Published by: iss2013
Date: Aug 28, 2013

At 49:00 in

Hirohiko Izumida, Governor of Niigata Prefecture: Tepco on either the 12th of March or on the 11th of March had already anticipated a meltdown to occur.

For example, there should be soul-searching in regard to Fukushima, and it should be made clear as to who gave the instructions to tell lies for a period of two months. And it is necessary to do this for them to regain credibility, and yet there is no one that has been able to talk about this.

In other words, it doesn’t mean that a person had to go to the No. 2 reactor to look at the high doses, but rather normally it should have been explained that there were reasons why lies had to be told but now what is going to be carried out from here onwards so that lies will no longer be conveyed.

enenews.com...

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join