It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

MONUMENTAL Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE update 8/31/13
Published on Aug 31, 2013

Report: U.S. West Coast to be hard-hit by Fukushima ocean contamination — North Pacific Gyre transporting radioactive material to America
August 23rd, 2013 at 9:15 am ET

Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA)Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory and 3 scientists from the GEOMAR Research Center for Marine Geosciences show that radiation on US West Coast could end up being 10 times higher than in Japan. [...]

enenews.com... ca

Model simulations on the long-term dispersal of 137Cs released into the Pacific Ocean off Fukushima

1 GEOMAR | Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Düsternbrooker Weg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
2 NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA, USA

iopscience.iop.org...

Study shows Fukushima nuclear pollution becoming more concentrated as it approaches U.S. West Coast — Plume crosses ocean in a nearly straight line toward N. America — Appears to stay together with little dispersion (MODEL)

enenews.com... aight-line-to-america-appears-to-stay-together-with-little-dis

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-9-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I guess I won't be taking any trips to Hawaii, and if this crap keeps pouring out, land values will certainly drop. If I owned land there this might be the right time to sell. maybe this is the great die-off of the human race, just in slow motion. shorter life spans, miscarriages and low fertility rates, combined with massive sterility.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Wouldn't that be a kicker. We probably won't notice a lot. But imagine... no one to come after us.

The earth would simply decay and then renew.

All the dreams, hopes, aspirations, desires, imaginations, cares, possibilities... gone.

I feel nothing when I think of this. that should concern me. Hopefully when tomorrow comes I have renewed vigour. Right now, I feel very disassociated from it all...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Its depressing, but as a species, I think its curtains for us. Those with the power to do anything (us, the first world), are more interested in the new iphone or whatever. It makes me think of the film "the day the earth stood still", and the Cleese character saying to Keanu's character, and im paraphrasing, " when the human race gets to a precipice, faced with extinction, we can change".
Im not sure, in this situation, we will have the opportunity to do so.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What struck me as more hideous about this is that instead of coming up with solutions or offering help, the international communities response is...

Lawsuits!!

Hurrah!! Money!!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Wow! I was watching this video just like an hour or so ago on youtube. Yeah y`all it is getting really bad here in Japan. Although, you would be surprised by the lack of panic here in Japan. Hardcore panic would of course only make things worse but people are going about their daily here in Tokyo with the same harden expression on their faces and looking at Anti-nuclear protesters as if they are Communist devils.

A lot of people here have been conditioned for decades to follow the government line and consider anyone who speaks up to be a liar of the highest order. Although, the Anti-nuclear protesters are still on the street everyone Friday at Kasumikaseki(which is the center of the nation government for Japan in Tokyo).

Overall, Japan as a nation from top to bottom MUST start taking Fukushima more serious. TEPCO must give up on trying to keep nuclear power in Japan and the J-gov MUST stop trying to restart reactors. Those of us who are Anti-Nuclear activist here in Japan have been trying to do everything we can to smack some sense into the nation. Hopefully we have finally gotten some traction with the recent development that TEPCO is asking for international help.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It is a monumental human F**k-up going on here.

Read this morning.....
www.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently the radioactivity is 18 Times worse than previously thought at the leaking water pipe........

The first measurment was taken by a device only capable of reading 180 mV per hour when in actual fact the true reading was 1800 mV per hour..... lethal to humans after 4 hours exposure........!

All those guys who spent several days trying to patch that leaking pipe a few weeks ago are already dead it would seem ............. (not literally, but metophorically speaking) but its just time......

The world is more worried about Miley 'F**king Cyrus than it is about a possible ELE some are saying.....

mixed up priorities man...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Fukushima pipe leaking radioactive water: TEPCO

AFP 18 minutes ago

The operator of Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear plant said Sunday it had found highly radioactive water dripping from a pipe connecting two coolant tanks at one of four radiation hotspots.

The discovery came hours after Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said late Saturday that radioactivity at one of the other four sites measured 1,800 millisieverts per hour -- a dose that would kill a human left exposed to it in four hours.

The reading was 18 times higher than a recording at the same place taken on August 22, though the company said the first measurement was done with equipment that could only reach up to 100 millisieverts.

A TEPCO spokesman said the radiation of 1,800 millisieverts was largely beta ray with weak penetration force, which workers can easily block by wearing protection jackets.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
New Radiation Readings At Fukushima Strong Enough To Kill A Human In FOUR HOURS!

High radiation readings at Fukushima tanks
6:08am September 1, 2013

The operator of Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant says it has found new radiation hotspots near tanks storing toxic water, with one reading peaking at 1,800 millisieverts per hour - a potentially lethal dose.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
I guess I won't be taking any trips to Hawaii, and if this crap keeps pouring out, land values will certainly drop. If I owned land there this might be the right time to sell. maybe this is the great die-off of the human race, just in slow motion. shorter life spans, miscarriages and low fertility rates, combined with massive sterility.

Haven't you heard... That's what they want. We're just fleas on a dogs back.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was thinking maybe we should encourage the UN to send inspectors to 'measure and establish the presence' of any radiation BUT then I thought no point really.......! It'll take three or four weeks to assess the results by which time John Kerry will have announced that the USA + plus allies will be nuking the site from orbit....."kaBOOM...!

Hang on, long day, I'm getting mixed up with th Middle East....:-!

SERIOUSLY, Fukishima and the problem created is a HUGE serious mess the world Collectively needs to deal with........

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by winofiend

Its depressing, but as a species, I think its curtains for us. Those with the power to do anything (us, the first world), are more interested in the new iphone or whatever. It makes me think of the film "the day the earth stood still", and the Cleese character saying to Keanu's character, and im paraphrasing, " when the human race gets to a precipice, faced with extinction, we can change".
Im not sure, in this situation, we will have the opportunity to do so.

Sadly we can't change and even we wanted to en masse the Governments of our countries would try and stop us, they simply can't have us doing what is best for us. Besides, we have already done too much to this poor planet as it is, the fact that we are still alive is an amazing bit of luck because those with itchy trigger fingers have been desperate to show us their new creations.

Fukushima , Sun EMP or WWIII, one way, we all go..

I just hope that the underground bunkers of those that have created this also fail and they get what we do...They truly deserve it, the idea that they could survive and pick up where they left off disgusts me..
edit on 1-9-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

MONUMENTAL Troubles at Fukushima. From BAD to WORSE update 8/31/13
Published on Aug 31, 2013

Report: U.S. West Coast to be hard-hit by Fukushima ocean contamination — North Pacific Gyre transporting radioactive material to America
August 23rd, 2013 at 9:15 am ET

Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA)Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory and 3 scientists from the GEOMAR Research Center for Marine Geosciences show that radiation on US West Coast could end up being 10 times higher than in Japan. [...]

enenews.com... ca

Model simulations on the long-term dispersal of 137Cs released into the Pacific Ocean off Fukushima

1 GEOMAR | Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Düsternbrooker Weg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
2 NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA, USA

iopscience.iop.org...

Study shows Fukushima nuclear pollution becoming more concentrated as it approaches U.S. West Coast — Plume crosses ocean in a nearly straight line toward N. America — Appears to stay together with little dispersion (MODEL)

enenews.com... aight-line-to-america-appears-to-stay-together-with-little-dis

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-9-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)
[/quote

for supposedly an honorable nation of people, they sure have managed to bring disgrace to the whole planet, imagine explaining to other world beings what our planet is like currently, how embarassing to have to tell them about Japan, and Syria not to mention all the religion and racilism ongoing feuds,,, and how the governments of each country treats it's civillians,,, Japan owes 7 billion people compensation, if they manage to stem the flow, of course if they don't it won't matter will it?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by jimmyx

Wouldn't that be a kicker. We probably won't notice a lot. But imagine... no one to come after us.

The earth would simply decay and then renew.

All the dreams, hopes, aspirations, desires, imaginations, cares, possibilities... gone.

I feel nothing when I think of this. that should concern me. Hopefully when tomorrow comes I have renewed vigour. Right now, I feel very disassociated from it all...

I feel the same way. I think part of it is because there is really nothing anyone can do. It's done, so there's no choice but to watch how things play out.

Also, I'm in Alaska. Does that count as west coast or am I far enough north? I'm gonna build a lead, underwater igloo just to be safe.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Do i need glasses or is the sea boiling , how is this possible ,i mean i'm just gob smacked , theres no way back we need to start pumping concrete on japan now!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wow ,appreciate the update, looking really bad.....

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
God help us all.

Or not....whatever.

Not gonna lie I am a little bit scared. I live on the west coast Vancouver BC in fact.... Well this should be fun

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
im sure the "theres no radiation coming to the west coast, its hog wash" people will start arriving
soon to make us feel better and put our heads back in the sand.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
as ive said in other threads..this is not a Japanese problem,
this is a world problem. this could, if unchecked become an ELE.
it wont be quick..it will be agonising and slow..for a while.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

At the 7 min mark.
May god help us all. I can't watch anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join