It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Species vs. Orion Species

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Okay, I'm a little confused. I have heard the name Thoth come up before and stuff. But I don't really know who he is. Do you have somewhere I can go to read up on all this stuff?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterxdunn
reply to post by sled735

How can you have a 'species' from Orion? Orion is a constellation: an arbitrary grouping of stars that was associated with some mythical character by our ancient ancestors. Some of the stars in the Orion group are probably further away from each other than they are from our sun. And this does read like a work of fiction. Has this thread been posted under the correct category?

Its quite simple actually. When you consider that all "Orion" really is constellation, your arbitrary grouping of stars. Except they aren't really so arbitrary, the ancients select the for specific reasons; though admittedly, mostly because of their relative positions and brightness. The actual stars that constitute the "image" of Orion are all too far for any life to visit from there. So ... when we say "Orions" we are talking about life forms living in the general direction of the Orion Constellation. It seems to be a fairly accepted, and logical convention.

Yes it does read like fiction, sometimes not even very good fiction. But, that I've found; is in the mind of the "beholder". You can refuse to accept what is a common, yet unstated reality; ET is real, there is abundant life among the stars, abundant to the point of ubiquity. Advanced life like Terrestrial Humans is also common, though not necessarily Human. This is easily evidenced by examining the stars within 50 light years. Even if life can only exist near a relatively narrow class of star; there are more than enough Class "G" stars within 50 light years to support every single "mythical" ET. There is also a "Drake like equation" that predicts at least 10.5 different Extraterrestrial species visiting now. Would you like a list of their home stars?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ContactME
reply to post by sled735

Okay, I'm a little confused. I have heard the name Thoth come up before and stuff. But I don't really know who he is. Do you have somewhere I can go to read up on all this stuff?

Thoth was the Egyptian version of Hermes.

If you do a search for Thoth you will find better material than we can present her, and much quicker too. Course, if you are like me; you already did that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I did indeed click your link, read the title and left. I am actually educated in that field of science and love learning about it, and you are already convinced they are life forms. Why would I debate with someone who already has their mind made up? You are most probably wrong, but you will never see that, so what's the point?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Even though I think you are weird for thinking you mind chat with your dog/aliens, I am loving the stuff you link and actually find it pretty fun to read

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by raymundoko
reply to post by Spiro

The speed of light is a fact. The distance from the earth to the sun is a fact. A belief is not a fact by the very definition of the words. There is no such thing as: "You have your facts and I have mine." Facts.are.facts.

Don't confuse belief and opinion with fact.

And that too will become not factual when someone else comes along and claims something more factual and is accepted by the mainstream.

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 4-9-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

No, I am not convinced that plasma life forms exist, and there is no reason for you to jump to that conclusion.

I think it is highly probably that plasma life forms exist, but that there is a significant chance that they do not.

In the thread in the link I provided, I provided links to a great deal of information on the subject, because I have studied the subject. I guess you already know Dr Bohm's opinion on the matter. There are also some excellent contributions from other posters.

edit on 4-9-2013 by poet1b because: chg sentence order

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Moved to the appropriate thread, don't want this one to get off track. Basically there are no plasma life forms on Venus, Venus sucks. They shouldn't be included in any theory's involving life on Venus, which sucks.
edit on 4-9-2013 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

So you are basically saying that what we measure asa meter now is only a fact until someone comes along and tells us what a better meter is? Do you realize how you've obfuscated the argument with that logic? I am gonna go ahead and right you off as an intentionally obtuse person.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What can I say, Ray; Life is like everything else, it's all over everywhere, don't mean its what ya want.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Science poses theories. It doesn't provide facts. Facts are conventions that always change.

In fact
It's the only fact we can be certain of.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Science proposes theories using LAWS OF NATURE. Once you measure something, that measurement is a fact. A meter will ALWAYS be a meter. Why? Because when humans used cubits that varied depending on where you lived. It was roughly the length from your elbow to your fingers, and each location typically had a measurement rod that was their standard cubit. This was not great for global measurement, so we came up with the metric system, a universal measuring system that won't change.

If you don't believe there are any facts in the universe then everyone may as well admit we are one big chaos event and we should revert to anarchy. However, there are facts or constants which we know don't change through observation, and that is why we are able to travel to other planets.

You are trying to take the "The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" philosophical mind set and apply it to facts. That saying doesn't apply to facts, it applies to life in general.

Science is the pursuit of higher understanding of our environment, whatever facet it may be.

Could the speed of light change? Sure, why not, we haven't been here long enough to really be able to compare it to anything. However if we continue to advance and are still around in a million years and it still hasn't changed, would you then accept it as a fact or constant?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArdenWolf
I'd say it's a pretty good bet even. So, that being the case, best I guess we can do is argue psuedoscientific possibilities and theories.

Why do you say there is a good chance for any kind of life on Venus. We have seen so far that when life is within a narrow band it happens and can be very persistent, but we can also look at Mars that is a fraction as poor as Venus for life and see that if it is there it is extremely limited.

What would make Venus better for life when it is 1000 times worst situation for life, unless we invent some kind of new life. We have 3 places we can measure, Earth, the Moon and Mars, and so far only Earth has it and if the moon or Mars has life it is as simple as it can get and still call it life, now we go to an extremely inhospitable planet like Venus and say there is advance intelligent life there, when we have a better chance for life on Mercury...or in others words almost no chance at all.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Science poses theories. It doesn't provide facts. Facts are conventions that always change.

In fact
It's the only fact we can be certain of.

I think you are confused about what a theory is and what a scientific theory is. If you have a scientific theory about advance life on Venus we are all ears....

A scientific theory is a deductive statement accepted by a recognized element of the scientific community, and that represents the only possible conclusion of a thorough, rigorous, and disciplined series of scientific testings of successive critically reasoned hypotheses. A scientific theory is often a set of statements that collectively describe how one facet of the universe works. Unlike common theories, scientific theories must be:

1.consistent with all existing scientific laws and constants;
2.consistent with, and supported by, all reproducible scientific observations and experimental results; and
3.self consistent - that is, it does not contradict itself in any way.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You see that is the problem...you find it easy to jump from life in general (microbes), to some kind of advance intelligent life that can communicate with us. When you define what type of life your odds go through the roof, so as example, I could say there are 10,000lbs purple flying hippos on Venus and since I just made it up it has as much possibilities as your intelligent advance life would have. That possibility borders on the impossible range where to say any life of any kind would be what we call highly improbable base on the extreme environment.

The universe does not have infinite possibilities, so you are wrong to say anything is possible since there are quite a few limits in our universe.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

While what you say makes sense...there is no evidence to support any of your hypotheses....nor mine for that matter.

Look at it mathematically my friend....Flipping a coin....2 sides....2 possibilities....50% probable for either outcome
Dropping a cubed object....6 sides...6 possibilities....16.6% probable for any given outcome....

Now the hard one...

Probability of intelligent life in the Universe....

While you may define what type of life you're searching for...You don't know whether that will raise your odds or reduce your odds until you can answer these questions and many more...

How vast is the Universe? Does the Universe behave uniformly throughout it's entirety? Is the Universe an open or closed system? Are there unknown particles or elements that may affect the possibility of "life"? Is it possible for life to exist on a different dimensional plane? etc etc...

You don't have the variables or constants to accurately say what is probable and what isn't....Therefore we are reduced to stating that anything is possible, because otherwise, we're stating that there is something in particular that is NOT possible....and our understanding of the universe at the given moment in time does not allow us to throw anything at all out of the equation....

A2D

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You can tell by my vagueness that I'm not interested in primitive science

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I didn't say I thought there was a good chance there was life on Venus, I said quite the opposite actually.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArdenWolf

There is NO life on Venus...as we know it.
The life that used to exist there was in a higher dimension on that planet, according to Ra.

There! Argument settled!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There is NO life on Venus...as we know it.

Although there may be ...

Chemically, there’s definitely some mystery lurking in those beautiful clouds. Certain molecules are found there which shouldn’t be found together. Two in particular, sulfur dioxide (SO2) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) shouldn’t be found together — when in the same place, they react with each other. The only conclusion is that, somehow, something on Venus must be creating them, otherwise there’d be none for us to see.

Another unexpected chemical in Venus’ atmosphere is known as carbonyl sulfide (OCS). On Earth, carbonyl sulfide is so difficult to create through inorganic processes that it’s been used as an “unambiguous indicator of biological activity“.
news.discovery.com...

The life that used to exist there was in a higher dimension on that planet, according to Ra.

How can life in a higher dimension occupy a planet in this dimension ?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You will have to read the link to the book in the OP, The Law of One.

Or, just do a meditation session and ask your higher self, or angels, or spirit guide to provide you with the answer.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join