It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Species vs. Orion Species

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Thank you for that!

I've been waiting on some information about Orion, with links.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by sled735

Hey guys, I really appreciate your interest, but could we get off "science" and get back to discussing The Law of One, and the Orion?

no more science.

I am Ra. I am a comprehensive repository of all knowledge past, present, and future. I have come to your plane to tell you; "NO SCIENCE". Listen to me and believe everything I say.

Ra signing out.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: I will be watching you...Ra sees everything.................................................................................Boo.

Just so you, and everyone else here knows, I never stated anywhere in my OP that I believe any of this.
I am researching this topic, the message it sends vs. the Orion message.

I came looking for intelligent communication from others who may be able to give me new information to consider on both sides. I like to delve deep into any spiritual belief; look at it inside out, upside down, and sideways before I make up my mind.

I appreciate anyone who comes forward with anything of value; not stupid remarks.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- One of the things of the 'Law of One' is the recognition of "Free Will" So,sew, if someOne (the "other You") doesn't believe You, it isn't up to You to convince them (This may lead some to wonder where this puts the Jehovah Witnesses, especially when they knock on YOUR door...

This is a "judgement" and less this/More is revealed, the veil being lifted...

namaste

EDIT: Oh, and what someOne thinks about Me is none of my business...
edit on 3-9-2013 by LewisStulePhD because: | forgot to add the last bit..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Hmmm.

The "Law of One" seems about equivalent to "The Law Of Thelema", and further back the teachings of Hermes and the Emerald Tablet. None of this stuff is new, and continues to be a rehash of Hermes .

So that's about 6000 years of re-hash. Watch the video and you can see where it all came from.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Can we please readdress the fact that Venus is too much of an armpit (hot, poisonous, too much atmospheric pressure) to give rise to intelligent life?

No.

We have already established that it would be a different type of life form than a carbon based human, if any life existed there.

Let's not beat a dead horse.

Right. And your proof for life on Venus is.....?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArdenWolf
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well we can't exist without faith. Everyone depends on it. Every action we take is based to some degree on faith. A "fact" is in a lot of ways just a really good bet. Really if you think about it, our decisions are quite often made on intuitive bets. Life's a gamble, and what science really is, is our attempting to learn the rules to better our odds at winning the game more often and more consistently.

Faith is you play 21 the normal way and bet before the first card is put down. Fact is you get to play your whole hand before you bet.

I would rarther play the fact based 21....

The other problem is there is nothing even supporting as evidence to start to formulate a single idea of a fact about this.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Problem is, without omniscience, no one really ever has their entire hand for a bet. Or at least it's really rare.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by Xtrozero

In this case I think it would be nice to have just one empirical fact before we throw the word fact around, but we can't even say we have one.

Precisely my point.

Those that say Venus is inhabitable and no life can come from there, are indeed mistaken. It's completely possible for life to come from virtually anywhere. We have no "facts" for the basis of life, other than carbon-based life. Now, if we were to think about the message we're trying to convey...and perhaps phrase it as "It is highly unlikely that any intelligent carbon-based life forms could have emerged from Venus." then that would be much more acceptable, yet it still leaves the door wide open for theoretical forms of biochemistry.

But again, we come full circle to having no facts about any alternative biochemistry either. So we're forced to take possibility and probability into account rather than pure facts. Anything is possible, I am forced to agree...but not everything is probable, this much I know.

A2D

You see that is the problem...you find it easy to jump from life in general (microbes), to some kind of advance intelligent life that can communicate with us. When you define what type of life your odds go through the roof, so as example, I could say there are 10,000lbs purple flying hippos on Venus and since I just made it up it has as much possibilities as your intelligent advance life would have. That possibility borders on the impossible range where to say any life of any kind would be what we call highly improbable base on the extreme environment.

The universe does not have infinite possibilities, so you are wrong to say anything is possible since there are quite a few limits in our universe.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
2x post

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanka418

In this case I think it would be nice to have just one empirical fact before we throw the word fact around, but we can't even say we have one.

Sure you can (for Venus)

Surface temp. min mean max
Kelvin 737 K[2]
Celsius 464 °C

Many more empirical "facts" available at Wikipedia.com

Here is another empirical fact...there is a chair in my living room, and like yours, I do not see where either provide any support for life on Venus.

This whole question was brought about by Ra, the source of the Law of One claiming to be from Venus. We have already established that unless Ra is an extremophile then he isn't from Venus. Which should have brought up the question of; "Just how in the hell can Ra relate to the "Human condition" IF he is not Human himself?"

At what point did RA become a factual thing?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArdenWolf

Problem is, without omniscience, no one really ever has their entire hand for a bet. Or at least it's really rare.

I don't think anyone is asking for everything...lets just start with microbes on Venus, now that would be a good start...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It would be. I however lack the resources and scientific no how to do anything about answering that question. Which I suspect is true of everyone else here. I'd say it's a pretty good bet even. So, that being the case, best I guess we can do is argue psuedoscientific possibilities and theories.

Do I think there's venetian life? Well let me put it this way. If I had to bet on either that or my winning the lotto tomorrow, I'd place better odds on my winning the lotto, and I didn't even buy a ticket.

That said, someone could buy me a ticket as a gift cause I'm down on my luck and it could turn out to be the winner, sooooo.... I won't say it's definitive either way.

Oh and if anyone wants to buy me the winning lotto ticket to prove me wrong. I'll happily admit it. :-P
edit on 3-9-2013 by ArdenWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Evidence is evidence mon friar.

Do you think one finds empirical evidence, like some golden nugget plucked from the stream?

Or is empirical evidence built through numerous investigations of other kinds of evidence through the scientific method, and there are many kinds of evidence, and that is what I was talking about.

Ya got to get out into the field now and then and poke around.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Really!

Then you should know that modern science knows very little about plasma, especially in the upper atmosphere. All the models are seriously lacking, and that is being kind.

Feel free to post to the thread in my link, or start your own thread on the subject matter and demonstrate that you know something, as it seems you missed the part about uncertainty.

Did you even bother to check out the link I provided?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

"The Law Of Thelema"?

That is a new one on me. For a guy so skeptical, you know a thing or two.

I'm guessing you also knew then, that Newton was into alchemy, magic, and all that esoteric stuff.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Translation of Issac Newton c. 1680.

1) Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
2) That wch is below is like that wch is above & that wch is above is like yt wch is below to do ye miracles of one only thing.
3) And as all things have been & arose from one by ye mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
4) The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
5) the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nourse.
6) The father of all perfection in ye whole world is here.
7) Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7a) Seperate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtile from the gross sweetly wth great indoustry.
8) It ascends from ye earth to ye heaven & again it desends to ye earth and receives ye force of things superior & inferior.
9) By this means you shall have ye glory of ye whole world & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
10) Its force is above all force. ffor it vanquishes every subtile thing & penetrates every solid thing.
11a) So was ye world created.
12) From this are & do come admirable adaptaions whereof ye means (Or process) is here in this.
13) Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of ye philosophy of ye whole world.
14) That wch I have said of ye operation of ye Sun is accomplished & ended.
[Dobbs 1988: 183-4.]

Sounds like Greek philosophy to me.

This line

7a) Seperate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtile from the gross sweetly wth great indoustry.

Is this or is it not pro-Venus? Kind of melds the whole science/metaphysics philosophy subject. Conversation within a conversation.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The universe does not have infinite possibilities, so you are wrong to say anything is possible since there are quite a few limits in our universe

While it is true that a finite Universe MUST have finite possibilities. We would all be very hard pressed to prove that fact in any sort of practical, observable, "useable" way.

The possibilities extant in this Universe are, in fact, virtually infinite. So for all practical purpose,..

Also; would it not be more practical in these cases; to not concern ourselves with the "possible" and focus a bit more on the probabilities?

edit on 4-9-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually, I'm not skeptical. I'm a person who has experienced ET first hand over a 66 year lifetime. I have studied all the philosophies of Earth, Extensively studied Western Ceremonial Magick, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computers, and Data sciences.

What I am is a person that attempts to apply his education and experience to the world around himself and hopefully come away with a wee bit of understanding. And, the good news is: that actually works sometimes

Oh and yes, Newton was a Philosopher. As differentiated from a Mathematician, Physicist, or indeed any other kind of modern scientist. One of my favorite Newton quotes is where is responding to some disparaging remarks about astrology made by someone, where he says; "Sir I have studied Astrology, you have not." (more a paraphrase). I've always liked that; I think of it as the proper way to respond to someone who has not studied the "esoteric".

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The Orion.

As I'm not all that familiar with the body of text, I am going to presume that in this case "Ra" is talking about the civilizations that constitutes what I call the "Sirian / Orion Alliance". They being a collection of some 4 species all living within 50 ly of Earth.

Oh, and all you "science" guys, can shift from Venus (as that part of the discussion is done), and focus on the rest of the space within 50 ly of Earth. I am going to propose that there are several (10+) species living, that can all be visiting Earth right now, and I will show you just how they can exist.

However, for now we shall focus on the "Orion". I linked a short video that begins to talk about the Sirian / Orion Alliance (SOA), I feel that when any hypothetical communication regarding Sirius, and or Orion; this is the civilization being referenced.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

How can you have a 'species' from Orion? Orion is a constellation: an arbitrary grouping of stars that was associated with some mythical character by our ancient ancestors. Some of the stars in the Orion group are probably further away from each other than they are from our sun. And this does read like a work of fiction. Has this thread been posted under the correct category?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I appreciate anyone who comes forward with anything of value

Yet you also tell everyone to "get off science".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join