It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you open your Mind and your Heart?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xdeadcowx

Your logic makes sense!
I get where you are coming from, however...at the same time my point is... that until you have EXPERIENCED anything that is "greater" than you, how can you discount it so vehemently???

I get what you are saying and absolutely, WE are responsible in SO MANY WAYS for our existence and our END RESULT>>>> would hate for anyone to gather from what I have said that our CHOICES do not affect our lives GREATLY!!!
edit on 1-9-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
reply to post by Jahari

My thread is not about atheism, it's simply about the negative energy that seems to be generated on this website against those who believe differently than those posting, especially in regards to spirituality or faith in ANYTHING!!!

I totally agree here. Its not about the beliefs themselves. It that a lot of people on ATS get very offensive just because you believe something different.

Sad really, getting angry due to someone elses beliefs, is handing over your emotions to the other person. Letting them make you angry for a reason that does not even impact on you whatsoever. I enjoy listening to others beliefs. I find it fascinating. Only thing that puts me off discussing them is the hostility I get just from asking questions. Some people assume Im trying to dis-prove them, Im only trying to understand them.

If we were all the same, the world would be boring. I wish people would enjoy each others views on life and the universe without the hostility.

One thing we can all agree on is the human race is a wonderful thing. Being hostile just because we go about finding the truth in different ways is primitive.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Jahari

I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am that most don't get what they pray for. Just think about it for a minute. (or even 10 seconds) How many people have prayed for a lottery win, or the victory of their favorite team, or the crushing defeat of another country, political party, or group of people. How many have prayed for the death of their spouse, or for super powers, or any other fool thing.

If we lived in a world where every prayer was answered it would be a completely insane madhouse.

Prayer is powerful, and God doesn't like us fooling with it. Basically, He's said, "Here are the rules. Certain things you can do and certain things you can't. If you want to bend the rules, come to me and we'll talk about it, then we'll see."

With respect,
Charles1952

Praying for a lottery win will not work. Not for christians anyway. Money is the root of evil. Why would God give you lots of money after saying this?

I really enjoy listening to others beliefs/non beliefs. Just wish the hostility and critisism would stop. Hopefully one day we will ALL realize we are different and eventually accept that fact. And stop tyring to prove each other wrong. Its just not the way we should be.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

VERY Primitive, and I have so much more faith in ALL of us than to ever GIVE UP and believe there is NO HOPE

YES, I am a hopeless optimistic, yet I'm also REALISTIC, so sure...we'll never all agree on ANYTHING!

Hell, I cannot even agree with my boyfriend, family members or CHILDREN for that matter ( and I RAISED THEM) Nevertherless I REFUSE to absolutely just GIVE UP!!!!

I really do believe that it is possible for us ALL, to come to some type of understanding on this subject!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Absolutely!!! It seems to me, and why I started the thread, is that from what I have observed, most folks would rather just try and prove what they BELIEVE is more valid or correct, before even taking the time to consider what everyone else BELIEVES..Maybe you'll never agree, no big deal Is what I'm saying...no BIG DEAL!!!

To me to win an argument over what you BELIEVE seems ludicrious!!!! How can we say that what we believe in our hearts, due to life experiences and what WORKS FOR US, is more valid or more important or MORE ACCURATE than what another believes????? It's just not possible, or is it??? I don't know, because like I've said already, I was not educated as well as some people, but maybe that's a good thing.

My grandmother always said, it doesn't matter what school you attended, or how much money you have...at the BEGINNING of the day....we ALL put our pants on the EXACT SAME WAY... ONE LEG AT A TIME!!!! No one of us is better than the other

I get what she was saying now, maybe I've always sold myself short, but I know one thing for sure... I absolutely KNOW what I believe in, and I absolutely KNOW why!!!

However, what is absolutely just as important, is the fact that I UNDERSTAND there are MILLIONS of other people out there who feel the exact same way I do about what they believe in, and as long as no one attempts to push their beliefs on me, because I'd never push mine on them, we'll ALL live 2gether in harmony and HOPEFULLY LEARN from each other wow:

There is definitely something to be said for being CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS! If only the ENTIRE world would catch on

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

VERY Primitive, and I have so much more faith in ALL of us than to ever GIVE UP and believe there is NO HOPE

YES, I am a hopeless optimistic, yet I'm also REALISTIC, so sure...we'll never all agree on ANYTHING!

Hell, I cannot even agree with my boyfriend, family members or CHILDREN for that matter ( and I RAISED THEM) Nevertherless I REFUSE to absolutely just GIVE UP!!!!

I really do believe that it is possible for us ALL, to come to some type of understanding on this subject!

I agree. We shouldn't have to even understand each others beliefs. We should be more accepting. The only time we should object to a belief is if that belief system required others to be hurt or murdered. Like religious fundamentalism. Every religion has this. Including Buddhists and New age (in Indonesia at the moment Buddhists are killing people). Some New age fanatics want mainstream religions eradicated. This does not mean ALL buddhists and New agers are bad. We already know about the Muslim and Christian fundamentalism. These are people who have hatred in their hearts not love as most religions / beliefs teach. Again this is primative.

The amount of times I get told my belief is responsible for many deaths is crazy. My belief is that killing is not acceptable, so the people who claim to share my belief then kill, really are not true believers. I have never killed but I have been called a murderer on ATS more than once. Its not much different that racism, not accepting the way other people are.

My typing today is bad. I just cannot control my fingers...lol
edit on 1-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Jahari

My thread is not about atheism, it's simply about the negative energy that seems to be generated on this website against those who believe differently than those posting, especially in regards to spirituality or faith in ANYTHING!!!

The negative energy lies with the religions of world; religions that are killing people, oppressing women, dominating wives and children... Religions that insist on shoving their ridiculous beliefs on those that just don't want to hear it. And this is all done in the name of a god that doesn't exist.

So, when the religious come here and spread this dangerous crap it is only natural for the logical-minded to argue against it as fervently as those who would argue against the idea that Hitler was some kind of hero.
edit on 9/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by Jahari

And this is all done in the name of a god that doesn't exist.

edit on 9/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yet you are pushing your belief here. I believe in god, I appreciate you believe God does not exist. I accept that is your choice and I have no issue with that at all. I am a good person yet you imply because I believe in God I am one of the people who discriminate.

This is exactly my point.

Do you think Im a bad person because I believe in God?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just because someone believes in God doesn't mean they are bad and deserve critisism because of it. There are bad people who clain varying beliefs. Even athiests.. Rather than pick on a whole belief system we should single out the bad apples from any belief system and try and show them the error of their ways.

Like I said, picking on certain beliefs in general and stating everyone with that belief deserves critisism is primative. We need to accept our differences, no matter what your beliefs are. Critisism is only meand for people who hurt others intentionally. Most God believing people are very good people. Most athiests are very good people. That is what it SHOULD be about. Good or bad intentions....nothing else.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

This is WHY I created a thread on this particular subject. I DO NOT BELIEVE under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE that there should EVER BE any type of VIOLENCE or HATRED due to ANYONE's BELIEFS!!! We are all going to have, as human beings some type of belief...OR NONE AT ALL!!!! Whatever it is, let it BE!!!!!

Can't we all just learn from one another, exist in peace and get along???

IF ONLY we could open our MINDS, and if that doesn't work, can't we atleast open our HEARTS to accept the fact that there are different opinions and beliefs that other's have????
Must we ALWAYS be right??? Do we really have to WIN every argument, and how is it that our BELIEFS ever become an argument??? Seriously, how can you even argue that point??? I don't get it

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

This is WHY I created a thread on this particular subject. I DO NOT BELIEVE under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE that there should EVER BE any type of VIOLENCE or HATRED due to ANYONE's BELIEFS!!! We are all going to have, as human beings some type of belief...OR NONE AT ALL!!!! Whatever it is, let it BE!!!!!

Can't we all just learn from one another, exist in peace and get along???

IF ONLY we could open our MINDS, and if that doesn't work, can't we atleast open our HEARTS to accept the fact that there are different opinions and beliefs that other's have????
Must we ALWAYS be right??? Do we really have to WIN every argument, and how is it that our BELIEFS ever become an argument??? Seriously, how can you even argue that point??? I don't get it

You say it better that I do. I sometimes have difficulty expressing my thoughts on a keyboard. I think we are all guilty of it to some extent. I myself definatley. I sometimes let my emotions get ahead of me. I guess we all do. Hopefully as we mature as a species we will realize this mentality is holding us all back.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I agree, I believe what I believe and for a REASON!!!
However, I know others who share my same beliefs that are not good people, and who I would NEVER stand beside or defend.

At the same time I've known others who believe totally different than me, that I would defend and that I would always say are "good people"....this is fundamentally the point of my thread.

Can we ALL not just agree on this ONE thing??? I think so, if ONLY we would OPEN OUR MINDS and OUR HEARTS!!!!! This world that we live in at the moment would have us ALL turn against each other, look at the wars and conflicts that exist as we speak, they are born and bred of HATRED and OPPOSITIONS to nothing more than BELIEFS!!!!

It is ridiculous, if you ask me... and I think they are ALL avoidable

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

What I do not understand about some of us, who refuse to believe in God, or ANY creator or higher power in this or any other world.....is WHY???
reply to post by shell69

There is a HUGE difference between believing in a creator and a mystical magical perfect being.

Were we created? Well, when we look at the inner workings of DNA we see little machines that are programmed to do incredible things! It is totally AWESOME! So, it is not impossible, nor is it unreasonable to think, that these machines were created by an intelligent alien race or a scientist in another dimension. It is also not unreasonable to think that all things were created naturally and that we humans just don't have the knowledge or technology to understand it yet.

A PERFECT god, on the other hand, is utterly impossible. There is no such thing as perfect. This is made even more ridiculous when we assign the word 'perfect' to the desert god of the bible.

Just think about what this desert god has supposedly done:

He created life so that it must have sex in order to make babies. This is a sexual god.
He commanded armies to annihilate whole nations. This is a warring god.
He flooded the earth and killed everyone. This is a murderous god.
He chose one group of people to align himself with (the Israelites). This is a tribal god.

I could on, but just look at these aspects:

Sexual
Warring
Commits murder
Tribal

Are these the traits of a perfect god, or are they the traits of humans?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Honestly, I think that is you belief, and you are PERFECTLY able to come to that conclusion as a human being with a brain and the capacity to rationalize, so at the end of the day...it is between YOU and God , if that's what you believe in..

All I can testify to is what I believe in, and why...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I agree, I believe what I believe and for a REASON!!!

Sorry, Shell69, but this statement means nothing. Children believe there's a monster in their closet or under their bed, and they believe it for a reason. They came to this conclusion because they aren't informed enough to understand there's no such things as goblins and ghouls. So, for you (or anyone) to say that you believe for a reason doesn't mean that the reason is valid.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Every single person on the face of this earth is probably guilty of it as we speak, honestly I expected to ARGUE a lot once I authored the thread, then I realized by arguing the point I'd be derailing my own thread, which I will NEVER allow

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Honestly, I think that is you belief, and you are PERFECTLY able to come to that conclusion as a human being with a brain and the capacity to rationalize, so at the end of the day...it is between YOU and God , if that's what you believe in..

All I can testify to is what I believe in, and why...

I have testified by listing 'facts'. Facts are facts. It doesn't matter if you don't believe that 2+2=4; it is a fact. Please testify by listing the 'facts' that substantiate your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well Dude, if we were speaking of monsters under our beds, I'd agree... but were not.... were speaking of spiritual beliefs and fundamental guidelines for a diverse group of individual adults called EVERYONE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!

When you take my statement out of context, obviously it means nothing!!! I get it, however I've talked 3 children down off the ledge, when they were scared of "monsters" under their beds, that simply didn't exist... This is an easy task for a veteran mother and the metaphor doesn't phase me
Sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not arguing mathematics here JiggerJ, so I am not really sure what you are asking me to substantiate???

I guess I'm fairly confused at this point what it is you are wanting to argue, if you will clarify I'll be happy to tell you what it is that I believe in... although I feel like I've already made it perfectly clear.... I believe that each and EVERY one of us has the right to believe in whatever we choose, based on whatever we choose to substantiate it with... whether it be Science, or just plain Experience in life...my point is... can't we ALL just open our minds and hearts to understand what OTHERS believe in, besides ourselves... and WHY do any of us feel the need to be RIGHT and prove anyone else WRONG???

How exactly do you prove someone wrong about what they believe in, anyway???

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't think anyone is here PUSHING any kind of religion... I don't believe in a "Religion" ...religion is a dangerous thing ....I AGREE

What I do advocate however, is every individual searching out for themselves something to believe in, and at the same time understanding that others will do the same.... whether we come to the same conclusion or not, is irrelevant. What does matter however, in my honest opinion is that we can respect EACH OTHER'S beliefs without VIOLENCE or STRIFE or WAR...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join