It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you open your Mind and your Heart?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What I do not understand about some of us, who refuse to believe in God, or ANY creator or higher power in this or any other world.....is WHY???

It seems to me that those of us, who choose to DENY the existence of any higher power other than than ourselves, are those of us with the most closed minds-EVER!

As a person who has dabbled in almost EVERYTHING, while looking for some type of solid & believable PROOF in a higher power, or a God. I find it sad that there are so many individuals from all walks of life that refuse to consider the possibility, with an "OPEN MIND", that there could be a Creator, or a GOD that we have yet to encounter, at this time.

One thing that I do know, as a person who has little or no college education and a lot of experience, is that I have found experience to be the GREATER TEACHER! Did it ever occur to those of you who refuse to believe, that those who do believe in God, believe because we have PROOF???? Is it possible that we are the more open minded of us all?

If you are not willing to open your mind in order to EXPERIENCE God's power and LOVE, how can you say it is not real? For God, or any higher power to show themselves or exhibit their power, they must be given the opportunity and in order for us to experience that, we MUST have an "OPEN MIND!!!!"

I questioned, explored and opened my mind, and now I have PROOF! Just for the record, I am not ignorant, or easily persuaded, in fact I am one of the most guarded people I know. It has been my experience that some of the most dangerous and closed minded individuals are those that have been raised to believe one way and who only have that ONE OPTION.

Those who are unable to consider an opposite opinion or lifestyle are the very same people who have a ZERO tolerance for any other beliefs, other than their own! In my opinion, this is a dangerous mindset and as far as I am concerned the very ROOT of all EVIL & DISCOURSE in our world today!

My point is, can we not just ALL -OPEN OUR MINDS & our HEARTS!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I think a lot of initial doubt happens when people turn to go and prayers go unanswered. I dont think anyone starts out athiest.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Dear! Where do I start? Having a disbelief in a deity doesn't make anyone evil or that they're closed minded. It's just we have all come from different backgrounds and we reach the same conclusion that we're happy identifying as non believers. I'm not a spiritual person at all. I enjoy studying religion and its affect on people. But I'm happy being an atheist. I would be lying to you if I told you I believed in the concept of God.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

My thread is not about atheism, it's simply about the negative energy that seems to be generated on this website against those who believe differently than those posting, especially in regards to spirituality or faith in ANYTHING!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I'm not a spiritual person at all. I enjoy studying religion and its affect on people. But I'm happy being an atheist. I would be lying to you if I told you I believed in the concept of God.

I can't speak for the OP but I honestly don't believe the OP has anything to do with religion.

I can totally relate to this because I too was shown undeniable mind boggling proof.

I went from skepticism to KNOWING in 5 seconds flat.

This isn't about religion.

It's about reality and facts.

Religion lies, God does NOT...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Everyone comes from different walks of life and look for their own meaning. I know you're a Christian because of the various post you share and there are various others of different beliefs and faiths. To me I'm happy where I'm at now. I feel like I know myself and can happily live my life this way. Faith is more emotion which is not attractive to me at the moment. Hopefully this all makes sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Your decision to not believe in a higher power is not EVIL!!! I simply stated that I believed that the CLOSED MINDEDNESS of this world today, results in the very discourse and EVIL we deal with all the time these days.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am that most don't get what they pray for. Just think about it for a minute. (or even 10 seconds) How many people have prayed for a lottery win, or the victory of their favorite team, or the crushing defeat of another country, political party, or group of people. How many have prayed for the death of their spouse, or for super powers, or any other fool thing.

If we lived in a world where every prayer was answered it would be a completely insane madhouse.

Prayer is powerful, and God doesn't like us fooling with it. Basically, He's said, "Here are the rules. Certain things you can do and certain things you can't. If you want to bend the rules, come to me and we'll talk about it, then we'll see."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Exactly my POINT!!!! I dislike Religion more than I could even explain in this thread, without going OFF TOPIC!!!That is NOT the point!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Dear shell69,

It seems to me that those of us, who choose to DENY the existence of any higher power other than than ourselves, are those of us with the most closed minds-EVER!
But think for a moment why that might be attractive. "I am the highest thing there is! There is no other God! I am God! I am free and there are no restrictions on what I can do except the force of those who don't agree with me."

Oh, it's very attractive, and I can see where it could make people happy. The only problem is that it isn't true. "Happiness" is not our goal, truth is. When we sacrifice truth to search for happiness, we end up with neither.

Refusing to undertake a serious, adult search for truth is closed-minded, but it is a very comfortable closed mind. Almost like returning to the womb. But, as you know, reality is out there, and we were not made to be babies forever.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I would have to respectfully disagree. Look how many people will the belief in a deity have destroyed so many lives and even destroyed the planet. Are atheist perfect? No! But I do not see what you see about believing in a higher power.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I do appreciate your viewpoint and honesty.

I think I understand where you're coming from, I was once there.

I too was once an atheist until I had a couple of undeniable supernatural encounters with a living God.

To this day I have NO idea why but I was given knowledge that forced my beliefs to change.

When that happened, I KNEW that God was not only real, but that He truly CARED.

I was completely awestruck...

All the OP is saying is do NOT close your mind to reality.

You CAN know the truth.

I am living proof of this fact.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

How do you reconcile this in your own mind?

In 1967, scientists built an “Atomic Clock.” It uses Cesium 133 atoms because they oscillate (vibrate) at the rate of 9,192,631,770 times per second. This produces accuracy within one second every 30 million years! Wouldn’t you love a watch that accurate? Cesium 133 atoms never vary a single vibration. They are steady—constant—reliable—and cannot be an accident of nature that just “happens” to always turn out exactly the same. God had to design the complexity and reliability of these atoms. No honest mind can believe otherwise. Men merely learned how to capture what God designed, for use in time measurement. Again, the story continues.

Doubters, consider this!

Scientists in Boulder, Colorado, at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, have built an optical clock that is even more accurate. How? By measuring time with light. Time is now measured in what are called femtoseconds—or a million-billionth of a second. These clocks use mercury ions at their “heart” to count the number of times they vibrate in a second.

Optical frequencies regularly oscillate at one million-billion (1,000,000,000,000,000—one quadrillion) times per second. By using lasers and “cooled down” mercury ions, scientists have harnessed God’s precision to better measure time. Optical clocks only slip by one second every 30 BILLION years! This is 1,000 times more accurate than atomic clocks!

All human watchmakers use extraordinary precision in their work. Quartz watches measure time by counting the exact number of oscillations of a quartz crystal through use of a digital counter. Digital clocks use the oscillations of quartz crystals or power lines (60 cycles per second in the United States), but may also count through use of digital counters. Grandfather clocks use the swing of a pendulum, once every second and recorded by metal gears inside the clock, to keep time.

As with the movement of the heavens, men have learned to capture the reliability of Cesium 133 atoms and the movement of cooled mercury ions to count time. Their number of oscillations per second never varies. Could this perfect order be the product of an accident?

In summary, only with great time and effort, the finest watchmakers in the world can, at best, devise several kinds of relatively imprecise clocks. Can any honest, fair-minded person then believe that the three highly precise clocks—the heavens, atomic and optical clocks—came about by accident? In other words, are we to believe that while very sophisticated, humanly devised watches required the effort and ingenuity of skilled, intelligent men to create them, clocks of far greater sophistication, precision and design developed on their own?

Link

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The words you typed reminds me of the various dreams I had relating to religious figures and spirituality. I do not know how to explain it. But it feels I was in a weird virtual reality where I lived a different life as a religious person. I can understand where the OP is coming from because times are changing and the future is not certain. Yes, there are all kinds of trends to tell where people are heading. But you can still make something of yourself.

I can understand society is getting worse where everyone is doing something stupid, people worship celebrities and having faith in products. I can understand what she means where she presents her feelings. I'm just skeptical and see a different alternative. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this topic.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I believe what I am saying is that to search and experience what the the real truth is, would be the opposite of closed mindedness!!! I am trying to challenge those who have yet to search that out, to do so. My point is that there is a lot of discourse and war due to the inability of EVERYONE to accept each other's beliefs, whether it is a belief in a GOD or OURSELVES!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

This is not a good example because of the source. I'm not an expert in science. But I'm smart enough to question anything from a website that doesn't understand anything evolution, abiogenesis, and anything relating to science about the origin of life and how it works properly. I have seen so many pseudoscience websites presenting their views as truth I cannot accept the story without skepticism.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
NO i have been messed around too meany times rape mode activated.

well i bouce a poka ball off their head if it doesnt capture them i leave them

edit on 1-9-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

No, I think your are totally off topic and should be posting in the "sleep and dreams" forum???? I'm not sure, my point however was that everyone is so sure that their way is the absolute way, and I disagree. In reality, we are only responsible for our OWN choices, and we cannot possibly HATE OR PUNISH anyone for their choices.

My challenge to everyone reading this thread is to EXPERIENCE all the options... and to avoid the "My way or the highway" attitude.
Just to avoid being CLOSED MINDED!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I'd rather not have my brain fall out or my heart left out in the open...

Thanks, but no thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Well, sorry. I was just looking at from the big picture perspective and answering what comes to mind. That's the type person I am. I can understand being open minded if there really is such a thing. It's just don't be so open your brain falls out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join