Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Syria Facing U.S. Cyber Attacks in Upcoming Strikes

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Washington Free Beacon

U.S. military forces are expected to roll out new cyber warfare capabilities during the anticipated military strike on Syria for its use of a deadly nerve agent, according to military sources.

Targets of cyber attacks likely will include electronic command and control systems used by the Syrian military forces, air defense computers, and other military communications networks.

Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney, said cyber attacks will enhance the effectiveness of cruise missile strikes and degrade or disrupt air defenses.

“Cyber operations will be used to increase the success of the cruise missiles,” McInerney said.

“Syria has a sophisticated air defense system that will require all our tools for success.” U.S. military electronic warfare units in the past have successfully penetrated enemy air defense networks and are expected to do so in a future Syria operation.

I am questioning why they are telling us this. Syria will know as well and likely take steps to counter the US effort.

And by telling them, it increases the likely hood of yet another cyber attack on us...you know, like the one we are practicing for if the grid goes down.

(I am posting from the new site and the preview is difficult to read so bear with me if it comes out wrong)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thinking about this

Maybe Obama wanted to assure the people that we were capable of getting to the target regardless the date.

Or maybe, the military is so pissed at his approach that it was leaked so that a a cyber attack would take place resulting in sufficient damage that we would retaliate militarily. After all we are the 'military industrial complex' and they need war to continue funding.
ats thread

Besides, Sen. James Inhofe, the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee, said the United States simply cannot financially afford to get into a confrontation with Syria. "Our military has no money left," Inhofe said this week. !

"[Hagel] indicated that the administration would consult with Congress on the cost of exercising a potential military option, but specific dollar amounts weren't discussed," a senior defense official said when asked about the funding shortfalls, The Free Beacon reported.

NewsMax

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow we must be so close to the brink of financial and confidence collapse that something has to disguise the fall. It would be such poetic justice, just let it all to fizzle and pop out of existence, while we sit and watch. Then we will be finally free, while we watch the imprisoned bankers weep in their cells while they get read the good book...

edit on 31-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
Wow we must be so close to the brink of financial and confidence collapse that something has to disguise the fall. It would be such poetic justice, just let it all to fizzle and pop out of existence, while we sit and watch. Then we will be finally free, while we watch the imprisoned bankers weep in their cells while they get read the good book...

edit on 31-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: grammar

Yes, that was my unspoken thought. They would attack the eastern seaboard where our financial markets are located. But I fear we would not be financially free. They would follow Cyprus as the IMF implied and have what is left of us 'bail in' to the banks or whatever national company we hold.

new topics

top topics

join