It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Acceptable Solution To The Crisis In Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The United States and Russia have both made claims to having eyes on the ground that know exactly where Assad's chemical weapons are being stored.

If any action at all is taken in Syria, as a citizen of the United States, I would like to see a joint mission between the US and Russia to secure Assad's chemical weapons.

It would be irresponsible of my government and the Russians if Assad is weakened by an American attack that causes him to lose control of his wmd's.

Destroying his airfields without securing those weapons is only going to make this whole mess a lot messier.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
yeah. Not going to happen.
Russia deny that Assad was involved at all. They're not going to support action in Syria in any measure.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Umm, no. First of all, where is the proof Assad used chemical weapons? All we have are war mongers saying he did it but no proof. We do have proof the rebels/terrorists have chemical weapons and have used them in Syria in recent past.

Second, Assad's chemical weapons are his countries WMD's which serve as a national defense against foreign nations.

Syria and weapons of mass destruction

A number of reasons have been postulated for Syria's adoption of a chemical weapon strategy in the 1980s:[8]

- to act as a deterrent to Israeli use of nuclear weapons against Syria

- to compensate for the loss of Egypt as a military ally after the signing of the Egypt–Israel Peace Treaty in 1979

- after recognising the limitations of Syrian air power against Israel in the 1982 Lebanon War, Syria adopted an
alternative missile strategy, which required a non high-explosive warhead to compensate for lack of missile accuracy

- to act as a deterrent to its powerful neighbour Turkey in any possible dispute.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Does anybody else get tired of watching people die? I know I have. I have seen 3 countries toppled in my last 4 years of my job, and its hard to think about all the atrocities I have witnessed.Yet, we still embark on more, yet my community is very small and with small choice of words. Does anybody out there do what I do, sometimes it helps to talk to someone even how brief it may be. I know this is not a normal response but if I can't talk about it at work where else do I have to turn.

O7V

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
If any action at all is taken in Syria, as a citizen of the United States, I would like to see a joint mission between the US and Russia to secure Assad's chemical weapons.

As well as what the other posters have mentioned about the doubt of ownership of those CW's, and as well as what other posters have mentioned about the certainly that no joint venture would ever occur, let me put forward one more issue:

Whats to stop him getting more, as soon as the troops leave?

Or... were you planning on having a joint world force weapons inspection team in Syria for the rest of eternity?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
yeah. Not going to happen.
Russia deny that Assad was involved at all.

Neither do I, but that doesn't change the fact that the weapons are there and someone is using them. So without putting boots on the ground, how in the world are we going to secure those weapons? Are we really gonna leave it to these guys to go in and get them?

This one is a little more graphic.

If Russia believes its the rebels, then their best option is to remove Assad's weapons like they were supposed to in the first place, insuring that neither side can use them. The same applies to the US if they believe it was Assad.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Umm, no. First of all, where is the proof Assad used chemical weapons? All we have are war mongers saying he did it but no proof. We do have proof the rebels/terrorists have chemical weapons and have used them in Syria in recent past.

Second, Assad's chemical weapons are his countries WMD's which serve as a national defense against foreign nations.

In case you haven't noticed, it doesn't matter who used them at this point. All of the major networks are taunting Obama into action over his "red line" comments. He's going to strike Syria whether we like it or not. What I am presenting to you is a diplomatic solution for our congress to consider while they're on vacations with their financial advisors this week instead of in an emergency session.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Oh I've noticed but it seems you've fallen right in line and support a strike. What do you think they're gonna strike if Obama gets the okay from Congress? Hell, if Cogress says no he'll probably strike anyway. Guess whose most likely guarding those chemical sites? Russia. And guess who isn't at all gonna take part in your fantasy diplomatic solution? Russia.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
The United States and Russia have both made claims to having eyes on the ground that know exactly where Assad's chemical weapons are being stored.

It would be irresponsible of my government and the Russians if Assad is weakened by an American attack that causes him to lose control of his wmd's.

Destroying his airfields without securing those weapons is only going to make this whole mess a lot messier.

ain't the [bold-by-me words].... exactly what the USA wants done

...For the rebels (Jihadists, brutal barbarians) armed and financed by Amerika as the USA proxy soldiers
to wreak havoc & chaos all over the world (specifically Syria)--- so that the 12th Imam can return and take over the world ...i think 0bama fashions hisself as the Mahdi that creates the conditions for the 12th Imam to appear

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A most reasonable and interesting proposition.
Not realistic...but interesting

Its a whole lot better that what will really happen

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Oh I've noticed but it seems you've fallen right in line and support a strike.

You couldn't be more wrong. I don't want to see anyone else die. I say give Assad the option of relinquishing his weapons and you might be surprised at how he responds. If he's the madman our government wants us to believe he is, he'll keep his weapons and go out in a blaze of glory.

But if he is indeed a sensible man like many of us believe him to be, he will accept this offer with the assurance that the US will stop supporting the rebels.

What do you think they're gonna strike if Obama gets the okay from Congress?

With or without congress he's gonna take out airfields and anything else we can target that is capable of launching chemical weapons. That's going to hurt Assad enough for the rebels to take over the war and eventually the weapons, which would be a foolish move that could end very badly in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I like what your saying, but overlooking the US/Russian co-operation of this idea:

What happens if Assad isn't as compliable as you suggest?

Then the same result as what is already going to happen
As you accurately pointed out:

A weakening of his regime, the rebels take over, and they have the WMDs

edit on 31-8-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: sp

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Whats to stop him getting more, as soon as the troops leave?

What's to stop the rebels from stashing a few until we leave?

Or... were you planning on having a joint world force weapons inspection team in Syria for the rest of eternity?

I say give peace a chance. Insist on the impossible and start making sense together. Start acting and speaking with the same voice for just this once. I want to see people in the streets begging for peace and demanding that not one more bomb will be dropped in our names.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well, this is your thread with your fantasy solution. Assad will not be given any option to step down or relinquish his weapons. He's going to continue to be a target marked for death. The US will give him no choice and most likely enter into the civil war that's been on going for over 2 years. When they enter the war it won't be swift like the promise and Assad will eventually fall, and then be murdered, maybe by terrorist scum like Gadaffi or hung by the actual Syrian rebels. But it won't end there, in fact if it ever gets there it will only be the beginning.

Have you not been paying attention for the past 10 years, at least?

Fantasy solutions only work in fiction.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Well, this is your thread with your fantasy solution. Assad will not be given any option to step down or relinquish his weapons. He's going to continue to be a target marked for death. The US will give him no choice and most likely enter into the civil war that's been on going for over 2 years. When they enter the war it won't be swift like the promise and Assad will eventually fall, and then be murdered, maybe by terrorist scum like Gadaffi or hung by the actual Syrian rebels. But it won't end there, in fact if it ever gets there it will only be the beginning.

Have you not been paying attention for the past 10 years, at least?

Fantasy solutions only work in fiction.

Oh I've been paying attention, and what I've seen is depressing. As I've stated in another thread, you could tattoo 666 across most Americans foreheads right now and we'd hardly put up a fight. Would you like to know why?
Because people like you have been telling us to bend over and let our government do whatever the hell they want to do because they're gonna do it anyway for the last 10 years, at least.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

cant happen least not publicly,the last time we worked together was ww2 and we all know how that ended its been pretty much foes since but at least respected foes.

russia cant be seen to attack assad otherwise they risk loosing their naval base(and they really like this base)and thats not gonna happen,also im pretty sure if usa and Russia team up it wont be for something good best we can hope for is private russian blessing with strong public condemnation by them to protect their interests

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Congrats on your proposed solution! Russia made a play for it, and we must also really thank John Kerry for his game changing fumble. Putin Scores!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Swills
And guess who isn't at all gonna take part in your fantasy diplomatic solution? Russia.

Fantasy huh?

Syria, Russia, and Iran to provide alternative for war.

This is where you open your mouth and insert your foot.

top topics

join