It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthly coincidences. Part 2.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

God made Stonehenge, crop circles, and the Great Pyramid?
As for the Moon stuff, see my post above.

edit on 9/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

To be the exact same size is quite a coincidence! There’s an infinite amount of space out there, and yet the moon just happens to be at the only position in our entire universe that enables it to cause the perfect eclipse.

Originally posted by Phage
The only place in the entire universe. That's quite a statement. If the Moon were anywhere but in orbit around the Earth, it wouldn't be the Moon. But you're wrong about the relationship, it ain't perfect.
Of course it wouldn't be our moon if it didnt orbit the earth, but I didn't say that. We all know what I meant, it's the closest think to earth and it creates a damn near perfect eclipse.

The distance of the Moon from Earth varies, depending on the time of the month, from 364,397 km to 406,731 km, with an average of 384,748 km.
Thats right, I said in the OP that it varies, I did didn't I!! But the point is that moon IS in just the right position to create an eclipse, an eclipse that from our viewpoint is so perfect it covers the sun perfectly! Not always I know, but often enough for us to notice it, to draw our attention!!

The moon is the perfect size to square the circumference of the earth!

No idea what you are talking about. What does "square the circumference" mean?
You dont know
Sorry Phage, I don't believe you, your just trying to play it down.

If we take the earths diameter, 5040 miles,

No. The diameter of the Earth is 7,926 miles.

and the earth plus moons radius, 7920 miles,

Originally posted by Phage No. The radius of the Moon is 1,079 miles Add them together and you get 9,005 miles. Spooooky.
The sum of the radii of both the Earth and Moon (in miles) is 3960 + 1080 = 5040. Earths diameter at the equator = 7920. I got them the wrong way around that's all (but I dont claim to be an expert), very surprised you didn't notice that though? or maybe you did?

Originally posted by PhageBut if you want to keep fudging numbers and performing odd arithmetic to come with something "amazing", be my guest.
I fudged by get 2 numbers the wrong way around, thats all. Might I suggest you watch the Munck film I linked too? Many people have watched it and confirmed his results, would be nice to hear your expert opinion on what he has to say.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I looked much better than that a thousand years ago.

Yes, the silly arithmetic convolutions (not to mention the rather loose mixing of the various units) doesn't really impress me.

Even in science arithmetic is often very "loose". What about the great constants, like LIGHT SPEED! They vary, they are not constant!

Here ya go Phage. Dont knock the man, tell us about the constants!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
This is one of the best threads I have seen on ATS,
and very well put together

This all points to a creator whether that be the all knowing "god" or Advanced beyond what our brains can understand "ETs" is up for debate .
no way all this just happened

I agree, thats why I posted it. People can pick holes here and there but most of it is too obvious to be just coincidence in my mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not always I know, but often enough for us to notice it, to draw our attention!!
Can you provide an example of an eclipse when there was an exact match?
Venus draws our attention when it transits the Sun too. Not as spectacular, of course.

You dont know Sorry Phage, I don't believe you, your just trying to play it down.
No. I don't know what you mean by "square the circumference" maybe you could actually explain it rather than accusing me of lying. The drawing talks about squaring the circle, I do know what that means. The area of that square is 50,858,349 and the area of the circle is 49,343,981. They don't seem to match. Or is it "close enough"? Only off by a million and a half or so.

The sum of the radii of both the Earth and Moon (in miles) is 3960 + 1080 = 5040.

No. The sum of the radii is actually closer to 5,043. Wait, let me guess..."close enough". Except it sort of messes those other claims up. So let's just round the number until it makes us go "wow".

Might I suggest you watch the Munck film I linked too? Many people have watched it and confirmed his results, would be nice to hear your expert opinion on what he has to say.
No thanks. Silly fudging, arithmetic manipulations, and mixing of units doesn't impress me.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What about the great constants, like LIGHT SPEED! They vary, they are not constant!
The speed of light in a vacuum is constant.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Some of the smart folks here can be harsh. Lol. I think it was a great post and very interesting. I think there is a bigger argument to be made that there is no such thing as coincidence. I think we are finding more and more there is perfect order in the universe. We see geometry and math in everything in nature and the universe.

As I see it the more advanced we get the the more it appears there was a creator, whether it was god or some advanced alien race playing with the Stars or whatever. The older I get the less I believe in coincidence just based on my own life experiences.

Forget the math, I look at these fantastic ancient structures built all around the earth and I see structures that I believe were impossible for our ancient ancestors to build by themselves. Some of the stone work that fits perfectly together like Legos found in Peru I think it is. We have great difficulty creating these inlaid cut stones today much less then.

I think the OP was a great one. Thanks enjoyed it.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The sum of the radii of both the Earth and Moon (in miles) is 3960 + 1080 = 5040.

No. The sum of the radii is actually closer to 5,043. Wait, let me guess..."close enough". Except it sort of messes those other claims up. So let's just round the number until it makes us go "wow".
Yes it is VERY close, certainly close enough to draw attention.

I said in the OP that I'm aware that distances vary, I'm also aware that the earth and the moon change in size depending on how close they are to each other. Our entire universe is changing!

The area of that square is 50,858,349 and the area of the circle is 49,343,981.
Your figures, and yes that is pretty close, maybe if you measure it tomorrow it'll agree with my figures.

Phage, you've got to admit that the numbers I present ARE very close. Are they exact? No. But there are so many that are so close that I find it impossible to ignore them.
50,858,349 and 49,343,981 is very close.
5,043 and 5040 is very close.
The moon does square the CIRCLE of the earth very nicely.
With all these measurements, ie: the moon the earth the pyramids and the eclipse etc, we ought really to see a very random set of numbers, but we dont, for so many to be so close, well, I find that very strange! Its like guessing the lottery results three times in a row.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlbott
As I see it the more advanced we get the the more it appears there was a creator, whether it was god or some advanced alien race playing with the Stars or whatever. The older I get the less I believe in coincidence just based on my own life experiences.
Coincidences do occur obviously, but so many? It just doesnt seem normal to me

Forget the math, I look at these fantastic ancient structures built all around the earth and I see structures that I believe were impossible for our ancient ancestors to build by themselves. Some of the stone work that fits perfectly together like Legos found in Peru I think it is. We have great difficulty creating these inlaid cut stones today much less then.
I agree about the structures, just not possible in my opinion. As for the stones and the shockingly amazing fit! It occurred to me why the need for such accuracy. So I had another look at some of the photo's and I couldn't help but wonder whether they are water tight? If someone could prove that to be true that would add a whole new line of thought.

I think the OP was a great one. Thanks enjoyed it.

The Bot

Thank you

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I looked much better than that a thousand years ago.

Yes, the silly arithmetic convolutions (not to mention the rather loose mixing of the various units) doesn't really impress me.

Hi Phage,

This blog and the video series he made are much more accurate than some of the material being presented in this thread. It mostly goes into the odd coincidences which occur in the dimension of buildings and between significant architectural projects.

Here is a link to the blog: (I would scroll right past the high school letter and the photo-art)
www.secretsinplainsight.com...

Author William Neil recently contacted me and I learned from reading his site that the Tropic of Cancer is 66.6 degrees from the North pole, the Tropic of Capricorn is 66.6 degrees from the South Pole, the Equator is 66.6 degrees from the Arctic and Antarctic circles, and the Earth’s average orbital speed is 66,666 miles per hour (99.9%).

These repetitions of sixes also remind me of how the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem is 666 nautical miles from the Kaaba in Mecca. The Eastern cornerstone of the Kaaba contains fragments of the meteoric Black Stone venerated at the site long before Muhammad was born. The Haj pilgrimage to the Black Stone in Mecca syncs with the pilgrimage to Black Rock City.

“The Black Rock” was also a mysterious 19th century sailing ship that was a key symbol in the television show Lost, shipwrecked on an island that was lost in time. It is interesting that the avenues in BRC are named after times on a clock face, such as 3:30, 6:30, and so on.

I noticed that the central axis of BRC leads directly to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. This is significant because the Cathedral there has been a major pilgrimage destination since the 9th century. Over 100,000 Catholic pilgrims still travel to Santiago de Compostela each year from all over the world. Is Burning Man aligned to become the secular pilgrimage destination of the new world?

Includes diagrams and some interesting images as well. Cheers.

-FBB

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Again with the convienient rounding of numbers. The Tropics are actually 66.56º from each pole and its sort silly to make something of them both being at that latitude since the Earth is very nearly spherical. If there is a big difference between them, now that would be interesting. But the fact that we use 360º to a circle is somewhat arbitrary so assigning any significance to the values is also pretty arbitrary.

The Earth's average orbital velocity is 66,671.23 mph. But so what? It's also 18.519 miles/sec and 107,297 km/hr. Again, arbitrary values to go "wow" about. In sixteenth century england the length of the mile would have put the orbital velocity at 70,405 mph (with a "mile" of 5,000 feet). Wow.

And to demonstrate how silly it is, notice how you have to switch to nautical miles to go "gosh" about the distance between the Dome of the Rock and the Kaaba because in statute miles (the units used for the orbital velocity "wow") the distance would be 767 miles. Wow.

If you're willing to play fast and loose with accuracy. If you're willing to jump through ridiculous arithmetic hoops. If you're willing to completely ignore the mixing of units used and arbitrarily select them after the fact, and if you have too much time on your hands, you can find a way to go "wow" over just about anything you choose.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Brilliant post OP. I have not read through it all but plan to take some time over the next day or two to do so.

As one of the replies mentioned above.......The older I get, the less I believe in coincidence.

I have also had a couple of events occur in recent years that whilst my scientific brain says coincidence, my spiritual side says not.

Well done on the post.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Again with the convienient rounding of numbers. The Tropics are actually 66.56º from each pole and its sort silly to make something of them both being at that latitude since the Earth is very nearly spherical. If there is a big difference between them, now that would be interesting. But the fact that we use 360º to a circle is somewhat arbitrary so assigning any significance to the values is also pretty arbitrary.

The Earth's average orbital velocity is 66,671.23 mph. But so what? It's also 18.519 miles/sec and 107,297 km/hr. Again, arbitrary values to go "wow" about. In sixteenth century england the length of the mile would have put the orbital velocity at 70,405 mph (with a "mile" of 5,000 feet). Wow.

And to demonstrate how silly it is, notice how you have to switch to nautical miles to go "gosh" about the distance between the Dome of the Rock and the Kaaba because in statute miles (the units used for the orbital velocity "wow") the distance would be 767 miles. Wow.

If you're willing to play fast and loose with accuracy. If you're willing to jump through ridiculous arithmetic hoops. If you're willing to completely ignore the mixing of units used and arbitrarily select them after the fact, and if you have too much time on your hands, you can find a way to go "wow" over just about anything you choose.

Fair enough, however the author of the blog has a pet theory of a potential system of measurement that brought about the measures we use today.

If you want to be fancy with your conversions go ahead and recalculate how tall Napoleon was with the French measure as opposed to the English . . . . really wonder sometimes about claims like these.

-FBB

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Not all of the information in this thread is accurate ~_________~

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Very good VH! This is a well put together thread, something you dont much anymore here
Star and Flag just for presenting all this information! Not even to mention the depth and core of the knowledge we are talking about here.
I do not play the "what if" game any longer in my life - I have been a researcher, or searcher of truth, for a while now. I have found upon my spirituality, and had MANY experiences that have changed my complete perception of the EXTERNAL reality, as wel as the INTERNAL actuality.

With that; I completely know in my honest mind and heart, the advancement of non-human consciousness has explored and civilized this area of the galaxy. The topic which you bring at your conclusion - is to much for a single mind trpped within a matrix, to completly cope and comprehend..
The average mind, one who has no spiritual expansion within, and no personal expansion externaly (within the place we call 'World'), will not accept the knowledge at face value. Its not that they dont understand it, its that the mental capacity is taken up at this point.

People need to look past the structures that still stand, the numbers that give evidence they were created by something more advanced then a 'modern' human.
The true thing people need to look at is not aliens or ET. It is human(kind) that existed as you exist reading these words now, occupied space on this planet. These human(kind)'s minds and intellectual capacity were so great they could think in numbers given in the OP, within their minds, no need to write them down.

Can anyone reading this do simular math in the OP, within their minds, visualizing the numbers and doing the M.A.D. (X.+./) ? Minds, personalities existing in an ancient time, were here, who could manage that mental acitivty with EASE. That is the entire point here.

That is the potential of ALL minds. To tap into your intellectual capacity, your inner connection with the INNERVERSE, and create EXTERNALLY magnificient things. We are all sub-creators. We create. Simple as that. We use our hands, to create things outside of our bodies, to shape a reality we want to see.

This infinite knowledge we can tap into, is only limited by a weak mind. By a mental slave. Is it true we are slaves to a government and banking system? A government = Govern + ment (ment =mental) which = govern the minds. So yes, yes we are. Is a slave using its potential and mental capacity at its heights?

'They' say we only use '5%' of our brains for a reason - it doesnt take much brain activity to wake up, feed a stomach, go to work/school, come home, check computer, then sleep.
Imagine what kind of mental acitivty is used to create such things as the pyramid of Gize? Or stonehedge. To create crop circles even. Looking at the most complex crop circles - one can at LEAST understand there is an encoded knowledge behind the geometry. Behind that knowledge, was a mind who created the crop formation in the first place, human or not.

A mind is a mind. A body is a body.If you think you evolved from apes and a caveman - then you perceive no much grander then an ape or a caveman. If you think your species has been slaved inside a matrix, manipulated and deecievd throughout the ages by a specific collective, then your perception is not so limited.

As I KNOW, this species grew from grand creators. Not monkeys, not men in caves. The ultimate purpose to wake up the spiritual force within, and bring the mental acitivty to such a high degree, that we look back in the past few centuries, and laugh at our pathetic state of consciousness.

There will come a time again, when our consciousness expands to the grand heights and potential it has, where we create grand structures like Giza again. There is a specific group or bloodlines that have fought for ages to keep the humans numb/dumb and in THEIR order. Today she looks like an old lady, white hair, and a golden sceptre.

I cant believe this thread has little attention really. It shows that Syria is more important. Which is why there is talk of a war anyways - the media draws the attention of the average mind. And if you dont know by now;

"Energy FLOWS, where attention GOES".

Its weird how the founding fathers of America came from the East (British Empire) - and started constructing a new civilization in the West. Do people know that George Washington was a Mason (Ma's sons) of the highest degree? Look at structures in America today, that hold the highest power in society - it takes quite a gifted mind to create such buildings and structures (masons).

Knowledge on how to build and align specific structures, on specific energy points on the Earth, is knowledge only few understand. The general population have no clue how and why their nation was constructed; they stop learning at "president" and "revolutionary war"

Sorry OP it seems off topic - by knowledge of the 'World' and the human mind, all connects - the human mind, creates the world, with hands.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Math is incorrect the earth diameter is not 5000 its almost 8000....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is classic. Guided influences that we can not change cause us to find relationship where there aren't any.
The laws of math and physics are what binds you to notice the geometric patterns, the underlying patterns in time space and everywhere, It is easier to concentrate on logical symbolism then illogical randomness to the human mind.
Look up my profile with the presumption that you know I am just like you. The more you find about me the more it relates to you in what you are doing. New age stuff.
Look up a stranger on this post. See the randomness they post.
See who is easier to concentrate on.
Post here.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Very well done and interesting to read! S & F

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by themeninblack

Math is incorrect the earth diameter is not 5000 its almost 8000....

The sum of the radii of both the Earth and Moon (in miles) is 3960 + 1080 = 5040
Given a circle with radius 5040 units, a quarter of that circle's circumference is 7920 units (when using 22/7 for π).
edit on 2-9-2013 by Staroth because: more cow bell

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This is an interesting thread and although I can't say I agree with all of your conclusions, I will say I absolutely do believe that there are far more advanced civilizations in the Universe.

I don't have time right now to view any of the videos but I will start on them later tonight.

Thank you for a well thought out thread and for all the videos, I now have lots of interesting viewing material and for that I thank you!!

S&F

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join