It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protesters Rally in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here are a few other threads, relating to Syria.

Benrl's personal experience of coming across a small group of people protesting.

Protesting

OtherSideOfTheCoin's thread on the speech given by the President.

President Obama to Address the Nation

Cirque

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

My appologies for taking so much space up on the first page of your thread.

Not my intention.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
War is a crime. Not one country can justify war, as we understand it. All warfare is immoral, with its destruction of civil infrastructure, devastation of innocent lives, crippling of women and children, permanent displacement of refugees, theft of material resources, and scorched earth policies.

It is a crime against humanity, it is a spiritual crime, for any individual to impose their will on another.

Those who attempt to warrant warfare, most importantly any political leader, corporate officer, military commander, holy man, or mercenary -- are the sole enemy, and the only justifiable quarry in a theatre of war.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by wildtimes

Well- when you put it that way.....I must agree.

My point is- I really dont think he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks besides his own little crew.

Hes not the one fighting in the wars- and he doesnt have to worry about his daughters fighting in any wars.
I guess its easier to make wartime decisions when you are dealing with other peoples kids.

I always thought that was an elitist stereotype. The politicians want the best for their loved ones at the expense of everyone else. That's what qualifies them as aristocracy, isn't it. Its the ancient tradition of the king's right to collectivism through the waging of war.

It takes many poor people with guns to assure that the tradition lives on. Sort of ironic.

edit on 31-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

My appologies for taking so much space up on the first page of your thread.

Not my intention.

Oh, I don't mind at all. All conversation is welcome. I'm not a nitpicking thread starter.
I give every one stars who participate on my threads, whether I disagree with them or not. I don't really disagree with anything any one has said.

There is a conflicted parted of me morally, that says... action needs to be taken against those responsible. It's the morality of it. It's horrible. But like the user Boncho say's in the OtherSideofTheCoin's link at the top of the page in my above post - the media is already spinning - "How can we not go in, right now?". This is how they want you to feel. Uncomfortable sitting by and doing nothing. It's alarming. Because I KNOW - watching the psyop media show. It's surreal.

Syrians opposed to Assad: Say Obama's decision will embolden Regime

So the more people encouraged to get up and speak out the better! We don't need to handle this one! Let somebody else take the ball. Aid in humanitarian efforts to get the civilians out, those willing to leave. But beyond that, a humanitarian effort, I am not advocating any more violence on the USA's part. We can't afford it monetarily, or in spirit. We are tired of being the world watch dog, and our young men and women being maimed by IED's, and attacks - who all blame us and say we are to blame for all the worlds fanatical insanity.

Fine. Go it yourselves I say. Time to come home, rebuild, and seclude ourselves off from the rest of the world and give em' all one big F U !!!

Phew. I feel better.

Cirque

edit on 31-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added link

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Yea- I dont like using that comparisson all that often- but when the shoe fits I guess? He just seems to be all too rash and secretive about what he does when it effects everyone.
I can see if he was open about the stuff that he does...that whole "Transparency" thing- but hes not- to me hes a phony lying POS that is bringing his entire nation in ruins over his own personal ideology.
Hes no king- we dont owe our alliegence to him-hes our president-he owes it to us.
Hes a spoiled brat-and when he doesnt get his way- he does it anyway knowing all that will happen is that he wont get dessert.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We're not going to war. I'll be a monkey's uncle (or just admit that I was wrong) if we do. Don't worry your pretty little heads.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You should feel better- Nailed it!

Nothing to add to that- it was on point.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here is another great link to Wonderer2012's thread -

Victory or Setup: Waiting for Congress "approval" in Syria

It is the CT vein of hypothesizing, and is a great read. This is my fear to. That one way or another, they'll get their way...

Cirque

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by g2v12

Yea- I dont like using that comparisson all that often- but when the shoe fits I guess? He just seems to be all too rash and secretive about what he does when it effects everyone.
I can see if he was open about the stuff that he does...that whole "Transparency" thing- but hes not- to me hes a phony lying POS that is bringing his entire nation in ruins over his own personal ideology.
Hes no king- we dont owe our alliegence to him-hes our president-he owes it to us.
Hes a spoiled brat-and when he doesnt get his way- he does it anyway knowing all that will happen is that he wont get dessert.

I share some of your frustrations, but when you say "he", you're really just pinning the world's troubles on one man, who may not even be in charge of his own decisions in many cases. There's a silent minority ruling class who make it possible for us to butter our bread. They could put a million more people in the unemployment line assuring that Pres. Obama and the party are sufficiently damaged for the next ten years, if his policies aren't a fit for their global agendas.

I remember how upset I was when Bush created false intelligence about Saddam Hussein's WMDs (which is treason by law) so that the Western petroleum consortium could increase its power-base into the Middle Eastern border with Russia - thereby annexing the Sino-Russo consortium, which could have led to nuclear conflict, and may still yet.

Two million Iraqis died and about fifty percent of the Iraqi child population were orphaned for the sake of oil, when alternative energy sources were available. We all allowed this to occur for over a decade so that we could continue driving SUVs. Its not about one man, a president or even 460 morally bankrupt congressmen.

We are all guilty in some fashion. We all sin through commission or omission. If there are political or economic troubles in our land, its really our fault. We are the voters and the executioners of political referendum. If we aren't satisfied with the selection of politicians, we can organize political interest groups that serve the citizen to find and groom the kind of politicians who'll represent our values over corporate and security interests. We could vote out every incumbent in Washington in two elections, but we don't.

We don't hold our leaders accountable and all they are doing is what human nature dictates. Once they realized that we dropped the ball and didn't care, they have openly and arrogantly chipped at our rights, until we are now on the brink of totalitarianism.

My opinion is that we need to organize a national grass roots referendum to take back our government, economy and future.

edit on 31-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Common Good

This guy is not up for re-election- he can care less about what people think at this point unless he cares how he is viewed in the history books.

What about his daughters??????

GHA!!!

Gha.

He knows his daughters will be safe and NOT be put in danger doing the dirty work. I would love for a member of the press corps to ask him point blank, "Mr President, will any of your immediate family members be directly sent into the line of fire in Syria?"

edit on 31-8-2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just another link to a story in MSM, about the protests, this time in our Capitol.

Antiwar activist rally around Washington DC

Cirque

edit on 31-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The best thing to do (which I've just started a Thread on) is to Strike! The whole World strikes until the Threat of War is over, because by continuing to work away (as if everything is normal), you are Funding the War and are indirectly helping to kill Millions (if it reaches the point of no return).

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
200 people out of 9 million in NYC. Well .. it's a start I suppose.
Somehow hundreds of thousands managed to protest Iraq when it was an (R) POTUS.
Where are they now?

I'd be out protesting ... but I"m chronically ill at home (and just getting over a summer flu).
But I'm making phone calls ... it's the best I can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join