Anti-War Protesters Rally in NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Anti-War Protesters Rally in NYC

www.myfoxtampabay.com

NEW YORK (AP) — Anti-war protesters rallied in New York City's Times Square as President Obama announced that he would ask Congress to authorize a military strike on Syria.

About 200 people opposed to U.S. military intervention staged a noisy but orderly demonstration Saturday in the tourist-packed theater district.

Many chanted "No war on Syria!"

Read more: www.myfoxtampabay.com...
Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicago.cbslocal.com
www.utsandiego.com
rt.com
www.galvestondailynews.com

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So it begins. This isn't the only area where these rallies have been popping up either!!!

Texas, Chicago and across the world! Check the other links to read various stories. If you hit google, with today's date - they are also happening in Britain and Germany.

This is encouraging, I believe. I know that I will be attending one in my area as soon as I've news of one near me. Does anyone have news of rallies begin to develop in your area?

Will you be attending or encouraging others to attend a protest? Or at the very least sending your elected representatives of your state a letter of pro and con with the reasons why?

We've been given a window of opportunity to voice are concerns. Will you be one to speak out, or watch quietly from the side lines?

I saw that Kali74 posted a similar thread while I was creating this one. Her related thread can be found here.

No War With Syria International Protests 8/31 - Share Your Story

(Mods, do your thing if you feel it's necessary.
)

Peace,
CirqueDeTruth

www.myfoxtampabay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: Related Thread
edit on 31-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: emoticon fix

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Only 200? Okay....this is ridiculous. NO WAR! He's going to "seek" Congressional approval, but do whatever the hell he bloody wants anyway!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

This makes me SO angry!!!

IMPEACH the SOB!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I haven't been this angry or scared since 911.

I'll be interested in the debates that come about in waiting for congress to decide. When the scenario's roll through my mind, I get a decidedly sick feeling in my tummy.

Definitely one of those moments in history, ya know? Sort of makes you think back on the Remote Viewers and Psychics warning about the this very week of August!

Life is one heck of a ride!

Here are some of our very own ATS threads - in that vein - warnings, feelings...

Nostradamus, Mabus, and comet ISON

X day, August 23rd 2013

And my favorite, because it really did take a BLUE MOON for our President to seek congressional approval...not they way anyone thought it would go!!!

Blue Moon: August 31, 2013: Events Prediction

Cirque
edit on 31-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added links

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yup. And I have things going on in my personal life right now that have me on the brink of melt-down.

I HATE THIS! HOW can this man just refuse to acknowledge how SICK we are of war? How can he even for ONE MOMENT consider bombing them as a "good idea"? WHAT is he unleashing here?

I am disgusted. Doubly disgusted, because I voted for hi[s lies] TWICE!!!!

I am livid with indignation and anger and .......

Hey, NSA!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yup. And I have things going on in my personal life right now that have me on the brink of melt-down.

I HATE THIS! HOW can this man just refuse to acknowledge how SICK we are of war? How can he even for ONE MOMENT consider bombing them as a "good idea"? WHAT is he unleashing here?

I am disgusted. Doubly disgusted, because I voted for hi[s lies] TWICE!!!!

I am livid with indignation and anger and .......

Hey, NSA!

America has become so accustomed to abusing its power that its top leadership has become morally incompetent. Reminds me of how Rome fell from economic ruin after they invaded Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

hopefully something was learned from your belief in people who promise the world. I dont mean that in a negative way either, too many people are swayed by people who play on their emotions. Thats what this guy did, and people just like him will continue to do so as long as they get what THEY WANT in the end. I just wish more people could see the mistakes they have made as you did. Like I said- Im not trying to be negative here, just trying to point out how we as a people collectively get sold by used car salesmen such as this prick.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

America has become so accustomed to abusing its power that its top leadership has become morally incompetent. Reminds me of how Rome fell from economic ruin after they invaded Afghanistan.

Yes. It is insane.

America is falling, at a rate that is alarming....
alarming the populace, alarming the citizenry, alarming EVERYONE.

My opinion:
STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT.
WORK ON OUR OWN ISSUES.
STOP PLAYING "World Police"!!!!!

OMG I am SO PISSED. Sorry, everyone. But, yeah. I am furious.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I totally get what you're saying. I.....
I.....
I don't know what to do, or say, or think. I am LIVID. Like anyone cares.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

hopefully something was learned from your belief in people who promise the world. I dont mean that in a negative way either, too many people are swayed by people who play on their emotions. Thats what this guy did, and people just like him will continue to do so as long as they get what THEY WANT in the end. I just wish more people could see the mistakes they have made as you did. Like I said- Im not trying to be negative here, just trying to point out how we as a people collectively get sold by used car salesmen such as this prick.

But what president hasn't been a dismal disappointment, and just oil in the military-industrial complex machine for decades now?

If congress votes no, and Obama proceeds anyways, I'll be crying through the blow horn impeachment to. I'm sick of proxy war, and feel it's time for somebody else to step up and school the backside of a country complicit to war crimes against it's own people. This is Assad's problem and fault, it's his civil war torn country. He either gassed his own people, or dropped the ball and let it happen by not stopping the rebels who did. Either way, his fault. Let Russia deal with it!

Cirque

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nothing you can do besides voicing your concerns-which you are already doing.
Thats all any of us can do at this point.

This guy is not up for re-election- he can care less about what people think at this point unless he cares how he is viewed in the history books. (Even then-I doubt he cares- cause if he did-he wouldnt have made most of the decisions he has made in the past).

As Tupac said- "Keep your head up".

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This guy is not up for re-election- he can care less about what people think at this point unless he cares how he is viewed in the history books.

What about his daughters??????

GHA!!!

Gha.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Originally posted by Common Good

But what president hasn't been a dismal disappointment, and just oil in the military-industrial complex machine for decades now?

If congress votes no, and Obama proceeds anyways, I'll be crying through the blow horn impeachment to. I'm sick of proxy war, and feel it's time for somebody else to step up and school the backside of a country complicit to war crimes against it's own people. This is Assad's problem and fault, it's his civil war torn country. He either gassed his own people, or dropped the ball and let it happen by not stopping the rebels who did. Either way, his fault. Let Russia deal with it!

Cirque

I think Americas problem lies in the vetting process of candidates. We are FORCED to pick leaders based on what the two main parties give them. As we all know- both parties have been in control of this country for a very long time. It always ends up being them or them, never US, and thats why it feels like we are always excluded.
Cause if it were up to the people- we would have a sound budget-very little debt-no unneccesary wars-little corruption- and unicorns in every driveway. But its not. All we can do is scream FOUL.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No I feel ya. I'm pissed too.

Earlier today when Pres. Obama's live press release came on the air, my husband had buddies over.

I cleared the house, I was so livid and furious and ranting.

It's funny now to think on it. "We are prepared to strike at any moment. It might be tomorrow, next week or next month." (paraphrasing of course). I was cursing at the TV !!!

Cirque

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Honestly who cares anymore? I suppose if you wanted to get your way you'd have to do more than just disagree.
Protest away it won't stop anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

This guy is not up for re-election- he can care less about what people think at this point unless he cares how he is viewed in the history books.

What about his daughters??????

GHA!!!

Gha.

Probably the only people whos feelings he concerns himself with. He seems to be a good father/husband -I will give him that. That is all i can give him though.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I totally get what you're saying. I.....
I.....
I don't know what to do, or say, or think. I am LIVID. Like anyone cares.

Yea, that's what gets in my craw. Docile cheeseburger consuming sheeple who don't even have a clue. I was an activist, but these days it is no longer worth the effort to organize when the majority remains uninterested. After 911 I sent letters to the congress critiquing anti-terror policies and wound up on a threat list, with allot of in-my-face harassment. They even sent me a phone virus (2004) years before the information was released to the public.

As I see things, its really beyond the point of return, especially with national policy in place triggered in any number of emergencies that could arise. At this point anger has been replaced by sadness and tension waiting for whatever emergency they are planning to end the rule of law for good.

I've already made up my mind that I'll be supporting the new government, regardless of how repressive and inhumane it is.
edit on 31-8-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

He seems to be a good father/husband -I will give him that. That is all i can give him though.

"Seems to be" isn't the same as "Is". If he would do this to our country, and the world -- which we DO NOT OWN.....
how 'noble' is that? His girls have to deal with the aftermath!!!!

THIS IS INSANE THINKING! (Not YOU, Common Good...
...HIS thinking)

He is NOT a good father or husband if he is inciting an attack on the USA, which, IMO, is what he's doing.
edit on 31-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well- when you put it that way.....I must agree.

My point is- I really dont think he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks besides his own little crew.

Hes not the one fighting in the wars- and he doesnt have to worry about his daughters fighting in any wars.
I guess its easier to make wartime decisions when you are dealing with other peoples kids.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I guess its easier to make wartime decisions when you are dealing with other peoples kids.

Yeah.
"Collateral" damage. *sigh*

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join