It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So has any body else do any prepping incase the nut job pulls the trigger?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Being a firefighter and worked at ground zero after the attack (it was not pretty) I stated prepping just incase another event happened. Ihave a water filter, Potasium Iodine, 10 cases of dehydrated food( Moutain House the good stuff) , 12 cases of MRE'S ,plus 50+ quart jars of veggies from my garden ,rolls of heavy duty pastic sheeting,rolls of duck tape, a good geiger counter, 10 oil lamps with 15 gallons of fuel, a genarater with 50 gallons of gas, 5 tanks of propane, tons of camping euipment, alot of batteries and my weoponsand lots of ammo.All to protect my family.

The reason why I have many friend and relatives in the service(some very high up) they all tell me bug out is not a option, cause as for I live in Fairfield County in Conneticut 45 miles from NYC. they all told me just hunker down!

I was 7 during the Cuban missile cirsis in my school we had daily CD drills , my job was to close the aspestos curtians, than we hunkered down under our desk. My dad owned a restaurant and stored a ton of food in the basement and shoveled dirt to cover a the basement windows.
Thank God it never happend!

I am prepared for any thing I feel just like the crap it the fan with the blizard we had 4 feet of snow and huricane sandy. both times no power for a week thank God I also have a wood stove that can heat the entire house.
edit on 31-8-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
any type of air filtration might help as well. there is always a potential for increased air pollution due to a natural disaster. Stay safe

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Ya I have not worked that one out yet...big bucks.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

My father stores extra food and amunition just in case the shiz hits the fan.
I think its smart to be a prepper because if nothing happens you could live off of your extra supplies for a while regardless if something happens.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

You got that the stuff dose go bad also I store a lot of booze for bartter.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
nothing changed after 9/11,or the invasion of Iraq....why would another conflict in a third world dump affect my prepping? There is always a war someplace,at any time,and many more threats of a war,any place,anytime.Sounds like your more concerned about an ammo shortage than anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

from the looks of your spelling,your not storing all of it!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

That's you're.......pot ? kettle? sound familiar

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
YES.

Syria, YIKES, I think it's time to restock - MY ATS THREAD
Yep. Went out and got it done. A few months worth of supplies/water.
Just in case 'the nut job pulls the trigger'. We are on the edge of WWIII with this ...
all the major players are deeply involved. No good can come from going into Syria.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As a 1st Responder (Advanced Disaster Life Support) with FEMA/DHS, Im prepped..but I pose a thought here. No seems to address this issue.

Im not so sure I WANT to survive in a worst-case scenario. What are we surviving TO? With the worst case, we'd still be alive until everyone runs amuck, but our infrastructure everywhere...most likely will be gone.

So you have enough stuf for a family of 4, and you come out of your safe place to....WHAT? You may still at that point be subject to dying (worst case scenario), because you prepped to survive days, weeks, months...but not forever.

We wont maybe be able to get more gas, more food, more meds once your supplies run out. So again I say....what are you prepped for for the next YEAR or so AFTERWARDS? Including fighting off those who would be trying to take anything and everything you have?????

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

well said.Most "prepper's" seem to believe they can survive with nothing more than MBR's,(main battle rifle's),and MRE's.They'll go off to live in a forest,plant a garden,kill anyone that wanders by,and god and gun's will protect them.Good luck to them

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You wanna live forever? Frig, you got to die of something. Better it be a new klear blast than big burtha forgetting to change your diaper and you get a poop infection and die.
Once you stop fearing death you don't need to prep. Listen you're dead already soldier! Now semperfy

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Right. Mind you, Im still gonna go into whatever fray happens with the rest of our rescue team, and do as much or as little as needed. That I want to make clear.

Its just as we train over and over this year...and even though we know how and why to prepare....its as you said...to what end?

Once we leave the safety of your prepped locations and we're running out of supplies...we have to think about what we are gonna do when and if we get out.

Fallout? Chemicals in our air and soil? Roving bands of maruders? Say we get out after. Possibilities exist that we wont find more safe water, food, gas and phone and satt communications down etc.

We all are supposed to prepare to survive. But Im seeing the potential for a false sense of peace of mind if we do. We STILL have to get past the initial incidents.

Then what? To what? And to WHERE? With potentially everything gone or going...our 2 weeks to 1 month of stored food and water wont help in the long run.

MS-A.D.L.S. Advanced Disaster Life Support
Bio-Defense Network
Region 2 South
Wayne County, Mi

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
reply to post by Belcastro

You got that the stuff dose go bad also I store a lot of booze for bartter.]

My girlfriend travels weekly, so a needed item we figured would be soaps and shampoo
be a great bartering item,. she brings them home each week,. so for me, booze is for drinking
and they can fight over the need to be clean

I think we have two 10 gallon totes full of each now
edit on 2-9-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You don't "do prepping", it's not something you just go out one day and "do".

Prepping for a SHTF scenario is more like a lifestyle. It takes years to get partially prepared.

I have been doing it for 25+ years and could still be stronger in certain areas.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nutjob? I thought Bush was out of office.

Oh, nevermind, you mean his carbon copy.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'll just wait for it to happen, then rob the preppers. Take out several, horde what they've stocked and use it to get whatever else I want.

Much easier to do than you would imagine.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I respect your food supply but buddy please don't list it all online! You are correct in your thinking, but loose lips sink ships!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

while I must commend you for your dedication,if it were a truly earth ending situation,your efforts would be in vain.Better to protect yourself and loved ones as long as possible,if there were really no hope for others.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People,who can afford to do so, and who don't put something away to keep themselves going for a few months in case of a 'hiccup' in the supply lines ... well ... all I can say is don't come knocking on my door for anything. And don't try to climb in through a window either. Locked and loaded.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join