It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk About A SHOCK to the system...HOLY COW!!! Open Letter to the Powers that BE @ ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

It is not very user friendly from what I can surmise from the first encounter, your original version was difficult enough to navigate at first, so I guess if you MUST change it...I will either find away to deal with it or I will just become a lurker again...creating threads is a monumental challenge for me as it is. I do think you are in danger of biting the hand that feeds you though....the membership...I suspect there will be many that feel the same way as I do and will just decide it is not worth the hassle....maybe this belongs in the Conspiracy forum...perhaps it is your goal to weed out the useless threads and make it more difficult on purpose....so that all you get will be the dedicated thread writers that are serious minded enough to overcome the challenges.

If you are going to use quotation marks at least quote accurately...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

It means pretty much what it says...I do not think you can speak to the difficulty since you do not create threads of your own...you simply look to be a headline hunter to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I do not mind changes if they are for the better....just changing for the sake of change doesn't seem worthy.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

It doesn't spell things out...you have to guess and I do not care for that at all...how did anyone know that little arrow would let you go to profiles or where did the ribbon go that lets you see your messages at the bottom...just not the eye pleasing things and the emoticons are ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Just as easy for you? LOL...how many threads have you created? Not many.........what a hoot...you have no business deciding what is easy ...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

maybe this belongs in the Conspiracy forum...perhaps it is your goal to weed out the useless threads and make it more difficult on purpose....so that all you get will be the dedicated thread writers that are serious minded enough to overcome the challenges.

Maybe you get it Jigger...if a veteran like yourself feels this way...I may not be off the mark.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Seems like they could tweak a few things here and there and let us get acclimated a little at a time rather than just make wholesale changes across the board...I do like one thing I noticed...the new topics didn't disappear as quickly...

edit on 31-8-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

One of my biggest issues with the new layout is the sheer size of the icons

i have heard that a few times, and of coarse i dont get it, i havent seen any large icons.
the internet is what you make it. your browser likely has an army of add-ons to make such things go away.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I'm referring to the Icons that belong to ATS, not ads and such.

The top bar containing: Home, Top, Hot, New, Recent, Archive, Forums, myATS, Login/out.
The giant Flag and number, the Favorite, Subscribe, New Thread, Reply, Alert, etc...

That's the part I don't like. I'm only in my thirties and my eyes are not bad enough that I need giant icons and thread titles.

Browser ad ons are irrelevant, I have none that change anything on any page and I also checked my level of Zoom when I first seen the new look.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

If its the size that bothers you that is an easy fix...hold your control key down and take your mouse wheel and scroll the font size you can also hold control and hit the +/- keys and do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I'm well aware of that tip, thanks. But when the icons are down to a respectable size, the text is far too small to see.

Explain to me the need for everything to be over sized. Granted, I consider ATS to be an adult site for the most part, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us don't suffer vision impairment.

I don't use a dumbphone (Refuse to own one) is the icon size chosen to accommodate the phones and tablets?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

Just as easy for you? LOL...how many threads have you created? Not many.........what a hoot...you have no business deciding what is easy ...

Tell me the difference. Did they take away the thread create button
Or is the new style to hard for you to type on. You quoting your first post where you said the same thing doesn't help.

WHY? What makes it harder?

I've been here a long time and I can create threads easily. Just as easy as posting by the way.

I created a few and have em in my back pocket actually.

Made my avatar using the new version and paint.

What do you need help with?
The messages can be read by clicking the envelope.

Please stop your rudeness.
edit on 9/1/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'll use the old interface until they officially switch to the new one.

I can't say that I like the new look, but then again, things change.

I'm not going anywhere, and who knows, maybe in a few years when they change the layout again, I'll be upset about that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The new layout is a hell of a lot better on phones. Also, I have used for an hour or two earlier and I'm quickly getting used to it. I like the way the new topics just keep on scrolling down, easier to navigate in my opinion. Seems to run quicker too.

That said, when I first tried it I hated it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustytoad

Actually it's just as easy for me to use as before except now when I upload pictured they come at the top instead of the bottom of my folder so that's easy too.

Oh and you did not spell anything out you only said "It's hard to create threads now." Go read your op yourself that's all you said.

What is different now?

I also like the way star and flag are updated without a page refresh
but I'm sure there are more

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join