It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I was driving down the street today when I saw something I hadn't expected to see, There where 4 gentlemen taking turns waving Syrian flags on the overpass.

I pulled over to talk to them, I talked to the two standing off to the side of the road briefly, they are just everyday americans Sick of the wars and the BS with the government lies.

We briefly discussed Prisim and NSA stuff, before exchanging info for perhaps future protest activity, one of the guys said it was just a random Idea they had to express their frustration and that they already have talked to 50-60 people who stopped and agree we shouldn't be involved.

Sorry for the crappy picture I didn't think to take one until I was driving away, already late for an appointment.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm glad to see there are some anti war protesters taking the stage.

Thanks for bringing some hope and peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

If I hadn't had to make an appointment I might of stayed longer, these are the actions people need to be taking. I hope they call me for further protest, if not I think I may be checking out other local political action groups as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry but the only ones waging war are Assad and his thugs launching chemical weapons into the neighborhoods of Damascus, killing over a thousand people and killing 400+ innocent children.

Launching strikes to destroy these Chemical weapons is the right thing to do in my opinion and I'm glad Obama is taking it to Congress to seek approval. The U.N is basically useless as Russia and China are on the security council and will not allow any resolution that does not include Assad getting away with murder.

We have the means necessary to prevent more mass killings of civilians in this fashion.

The ability to stop evil but not willing is malevolent.
edit on 8/31/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Its good that you stopped and talked. Just by doing that one simple action you have opened more eyes.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You think that its only Assad with these kinds of weapons? The extremists and the anti government people have them too. Probably AQ as well. The last thing we need to do is go marching in and backing crazy people into a corner. God only knows what their capable of.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Sorry but the only ones waging war are Assad and his thugs launching chemical weapons into the neighborhoods of Damascus, killing over a thousand people and killing 400+ innocent children.

Launching strikes to destroy these Chemical weapons is the right thing to do in my opinion and I'm glad Obama is taking it to Congress to seek approval. The U.N is basically useless as Russia and China are on the security council and will not allow any resolution that does not include Assad getting away with murder.

We have the means necessary to prevent more mass killings of civilians in this fashion.

The ability to stop evil but not willing is malevolent.
edit on 8/31/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I don't care whats going on, I don't want OUR resources wasted, which could include America's sons and daughters dying overseas.

We should not be interfering with a country that poses no direct threat to the US.
edit on 31-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by muse7

You think that its only Assad with these kinds of weapons? The extremists and the anti government people have them too. Probably AQ as well. The last thing we need to do is go marching in and backing crazy people into a corner. God only knows what their capable of.

No Assad is not the only one that has these kinds of weapons, but he has shown that he is not afraid to use them so why not destroy them? Why not prevent more of these attacks to take place? And if we do attack these weapons and he decides to make another attack on innocent civilians then the U.N and NATO will be forced to take action to finally take him out.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

No Assad is not the only one that has these kinds of weapons, but he has shown that he is not afraid to use them so why not destroy them? Why not prevent more of these attacks to take place? And if we do attack these weapons and he decides to make another attack on innocent civilians then the U.N and NATO will be forced to take action to finally take him out.

And than Iran and Russia enter the fray... Yea that will end well for us...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

reply to post by muse7

You think Russia and Iran are stupid enough to commit suicide over Syria?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I am for NO War as many Americans are. But...........

To say Assad and his Family of 50 years of authoritarian rule hasn't played a part, would be dishonest. I keep asking one question. Where is the Arab World in all this? WHY cant they take care of their problems with out the West?

I think there is a lot of Hatred in that part of the World. I think those Countries supplying weapons to Syria are pimps who really dont care about the suffering...... Every Country that has any involvement in Syria, has blood on their hands. Period.

They are part of the problem too.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

reply to post by muse7

You think Russia and Iran are stupid enough to commit suicide over Syria?

You think America isn't?

Syria is Russia's Saudi Arabia, what would we do if Saudi Arabia was attacked?

Might want to listen to your names sake muse.

The PR transmissions will resume,
They'll try to push drugs that keep us all dumbed down,
And hope that we will never see the truth around
(So come on)
Another promise, another scene,
Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed,
And all the green belts wrapped around our minds,
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The major issue is that there are so many combatants in the area, you cant prove who does what.
If thees weapons are from the Saddam regime, how are you to tell what came from where.

Its not like Assad had manufactured his own brand of nerve gas. Its all recycled and second hand chemicals.

You cant just tell who used them, just that they have been used.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
100,000 are dead in Syria.

Roughly 1400 by chemical weapons.

I wonder if any of the dead give a crap about the method?

Our logic seems to be the Regime must be punished. What is the punishment?

We are going to kill some of your people to protest you killing your people.

If I have it wrong....Let me know.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

You do have it wrong

They're not carpet bombing the place, this wont turn into another Nurnberg

They're launching Tomahawk missiles with specific targets programmed into their system. These targets might include weapons cache's, missiles, and other type of weaponry.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Agreed,

America is too broke, too spread thin, and too damn nosey to be doing this crap AGAIN.

We only care when economic interest are at play, we need to stop being the Saudi's attack dog in the middle east.

These rebels include Al Qaeda in their numbers and we are helping them, this whole situation is a cluster @#$% and we need not be involved.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You do have it wrong

They're launching Tomahawk missiles with specific targets programmed into their system. These targets might include weapons cache's, missiles, and other type of weaponry.

And what happens at the least when Iran launches at Israel? OR Assad Launches at Israel and at the Saudis? The entire region will fall to chaos, how many Children will die then?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

How long has the World "talked" about what they can do there? How long has China and Russia said we need "dialog"?

How much longer does the World need to see another Bosnia or Rwanda?

Honestly, China and Russia want to talk, while they sell weapons and intelligence to Syria. I would have to say its highly hypocritical and talk is doing nothing, as people suffer. WHY isnt the World holding these Countries to a higher standard, as much as we hold America to the standard of doing something?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Israel has a pretty good Missile defense system, any missile launched from Iran will most likely be intercepted and shot down

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You do have it wrong

We all know that this stuff is hidden in urban areas, where there will be collateral damage.

What is the amount of civvy casualties after we do our thing? What is the cost of our damages that we will do?

I don't yet see a reason to intervene in their matters.

This is just for Obama to say he acted in the defense of human lives. This is just to make Obama look better after his 20+ broken campaign promises.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join