It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bush made the plans long ago for this. This is a video from 3 October 2007. This is the video that should be sent on all tv-stations if the people should know the truth.

There is nothing more to say than they are still following the plan.
edit on 31-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by RomeByFire

I am saying that We The People must do this for ourselves.

If we demand it, then we were not manipulated into it.
If we force the action, then it is our decision.

What I am saying is that _we_ not only should demand this, but that _we_ should [color=gold] own it.

Mike

I don't want to read too much into this and infer something you don't intend.. but, it really looks as if what you're saying is the American people are going to be manipulated into war anyway so lets beat 'em to the punch and make it look like its our idea. how long have you been in cointelpro? that's the exact type of op they used to run.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"drop the ball" as if war was just a football game? No way. History will see for the first time America NOT being the aggressor. And this is also a first: so many mainstream pundits are specifically using the term "false flag."

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
War is a crime. Not one country can justify war, as we understand it. All warfare is immoral, with its destruction of civil infrastructure, devastation of innocent lives, crippling of women and children, permanent displacement of refugees, theft of material resources, and scorched earth policies.

It is a crime against humanity, it is a spiritual crime, for any individual to impose their will on another.

Those who attempt to warrant warfare, most importantly any political leader, corporate officer, military commander, holy man, or mercenary -- are the sole enemy, and the only justifiable quarry in a theatre of war.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
If you want to go over and meddle even more in middle easten affarirs than maybe you should go enlist and do the dirty work yourlself cause I dam well certainly wont!

I'll do the work. Well, if the work is putting up a brick wall around the Middle East until they either kill themselves off or come to their senses.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am positive that with a sample of the chemical agent
we should be able to identify who manufactured it.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

I am saying that We The People must do this for ourselves.

If we demand it, then we were not manipulated into it.
If we force the action, then it is our decision.

What I am saying is that _we_ not only should demand this, but that _we_ should [color=gold] own it.

Mike

I don't want to read too much into this and infer something you don't intend.. but, it really looks as if what you're saying is the American people are going to be manipulated into war anyway so lets beat 'em to the punch and make it look like its our idea. how long have you been in cointelpro? that's the exact type of op they used to run.

That's what I'm talking about.
You're getting it!

With a sample of the chemical our labs should be able to identify who manufactured it.

Anything less than that is B.S.

Insist on the new Army chemical sniffing robots.

Something the elusive agenda setters probably didn't plan on,
and will have to exert excessive resources to get in front of,
and the chance of a slip-up and leaving a trail gets larger.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
History as already looked back on the genocides of Africa and found us lacking in our responses to it. History as also seen our late reaction to the Genocide in Bosnia/Serbia and found us lacking. History will look back and see that we let people die needlessly. The spin and propaganda and political posturing on the current events is maddening though. Also the lack of media coverage and insight. What ever happened to investigative journalism? Hard hitting news reports? Why is a Chemical weapon holocaust worse than one carried out by tanks, kill squads on steroids and mortars? The horror of Syria was shown months.. years ago and yet we did nothing then. We only decide to act now because the cause of death is different?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
"drop the ball" as if war was just a football game? No way. History will see for the first time America NOT being the aggressor. And this is also a first: so many mainstream pundits are specifically using the term "false flag."

Just like they expected.

Like we have trust issues or something,
only believing that everything is a false flag.

Paralyzed into inaction by doubts and uncertainty.

Call the friggin bluff.

Make the recent use of chemical weapons
a personal mission, to pursue to justice,
though the heavens may fall.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
History as already looked back on the [color=gold] genocides of Africa and found us lacking in our responses to it. History as also seen our late reaction to the Genocide in [color=gold] Bosnia / [color=gold] Serbia and found us lacking. History will look back and see that we let people die needlessly. The spin and propaganda and political posturing on the current events is maddening though. Also the lack of media coverage and insight. What ever happened to investigative journalism? Hard hitting news reports? Why is a Chemical weapon holocaust worse than one carried out by [color=gold] tanks, kill squads on steroids and mortars? The horror of Syria was shown months.. years ago and yet we did nothing then. We only decide to act now because the cause of death is different?

If one enjoys running on the treadmill of crisis after crisis,
then please,
ignore the advice in this thread.

Don't choose this issue to make a stand on
and demand full and thorough investigation
down to the mining operation where the
ingredients were taken out of the ground.

I'm sure the propaganda machine has
a whole slew of crisis planned to keep
everyone entertained for years to come.

Mike
edit on 31-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think it is well past time for our world leaders to demonstrate to us, the followers a pattern of acceptable behavior. Since I was a little child, I was taught that a state of peace allows the greatest opportunity to achieve a pattern of acceptable behavior.

If you can communicate in a clear and concise manner how a state of war can achieve a pattern of acceptable behavior, then please do so.

Otherwise, I suggest your OP premise is bull cookies.
edit on 31-8-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
I think it is well past time for our world leaders to demonstrate to us, the followers a pattern of acceptable behavior. Since I was a little child, I was taught that a state of peace allows the greatest opportunity to achieve a pattern of acceptable behavior.

If you can communicate in a clear and concise manner how a state of war can achieve a pattern of acceptable behavior, then please do so.

Otherwise, I suggest your OP premise is bull cookies.
edit on 31-8-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

The thesis is this: Stop reacting to situations,
and take control of the situation directing it's
outcome.

1) Demand Congress take action

Not vague action, not talking points action,
but specific action.

2) We should demand Chemical Sniffing robots.

chemical sniffing robots to be used by the army

3) Demand full and thorough investigation
down to the mining operation where the
ingredients, used to make the chemical,
were taken out of the ground.

4) Hold everyone involved accountable
and start indictments if it was any of our
employees.

And by employees, I mean Military, Civilian, or Political.

5) Profit!

Is crowd sourcing the solution
really that bad of an Idea?

Mike
edit on 31-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

you're insane! there's no need at all to go into Syria to get samples of the compounds used. There are samples in the Netherlands and Germany at this very moment. What goals do you hope to see accomplished by invading a nation in the middle of a civil war? no matter the outcome we are the losers. Assad is no fan of ours ad neither are most of the rebels. As it stands now, Assad fights the rebels and when he's not fighting them they fight each other. The Al Qaeda affiliates and other non Syrians who are there have little interest in helping the Syrians topple Assad. They are far more interested in destabilizing the country much like Libya. There is NO endgame I can see that benefits the US in any way shape or form. I'm done fighting other peoples wars and have no interest in sending others to do so either unless it is a direct threat to mainland US or our interests. Anything else is unjustified. If that's the case I'm all for being recalled, until then no thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Asserting control? The US cannot even control its own spending...as soon as the US can invent and safely and peacefully demonstrate any "money sniffing robots," then maybe you will gain supporters.

Until then, peace leads to prosperity for the many.

War leads to prosperity for gangster thugs.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Oh I have considered it.

Centuries the ME has been screwed up, after decades of western interventionism if s no better off.

The definition is insanity is keep doing the same thing over, and over again and expecting a different result,.

The result has always been the same.

The ME is as screwed up as it ever was, and it will always be that way.

That endless cycle has been repeated for 2000 years.

Time to get the hell out of dodge, and let Allah sort it out.
edit on 31-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

America was never there to help people, or to try and making it less "screwed up", and they won't be in Syria to help people either, that is just the lie told to sell the war.

If you actually wanted to help people you could of cured poverty for $175 billion, compared with the $654 billion spend in Afghanistan and the $814 billion spent in Iraq. So with the total cost of those wars you could of cured poverty 8 times over - now THAT would be helping people, and you would be a world hero. Instead of pissing people off by killing their families, leaving them homeless or destroying their countries which can end up making them into America hating terrorists, you would have people all around the world who would love and support America for their gift to humanity.

Also if any American who is opposed to inflating the national debt by another trillion or so better get out on the streets and protest against Syrian intervention.

edit on 31/8/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Having read the Op's piece on the reason for going into Syria stating that history will look at the US for dropping the ball. To that end there are a few things that can be stated:

The first thing that I would like to state is the following:

These men, the people who run a government, they are not not demigods, they are men nothing more and nothing less. What history says will not really matter as we will be long dead and gone.

But, if hisotry is going to judge us so harshly, the question is what is history going to say for all of the times that the ball has been dropped? After all will it judge the USA so harshly for one event or a series of bad judgements and events.

How is history going to look at the USA when it comes to say North Korea having nuclear weapons, both the development of such weapons and that it has them now? Will it look any more favorable at say the Geoncide in Rwanda, and not wanting to proclaim such, while thousands were being slaughtered in the name of ethnic cleasning? How about when one of our allies used chemical weapons in a war, and we did nothing, even giving them the know how to accomplish such, will history judge us so favoribly?

The reality is that this is something that the USA should not be involved in, civil wars, as the last few that the USa did get involved in are now total messes and the governments that are coming after are far worse than the ones we took out. The country is tired of war, and we have foolishly wasted the youth of our country for people who do not like the USA. We are making messes and not cleaning up the problems that we caused. We need to start being a bit more concerned with our own country and problems, before they grow to the breaking point where we are embroiled in a civil war of our own.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

IT WAS A GODDAMN CHEMICAL ATTACK PEOPLE,
I don't trust anyone else to own the solution on this.
We should be the one's leading the way.!

Aww, come on. All weapons today are made of or propelled by chemicals. Don't be misled to over react because of a media blitz about "Chemical Weapons Atrocities". See that we intend to use them too (our chemical weapons go BOOM, so what).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
S&F OP!

I've read every word on this thread and agree wholeheartedly that we as a nation need to hold accountable those responsible for the use of chem weapons against civillians.

Whether its Assad or the rebels or Black OPs or AlQueda whoevers using those weapons lost permission for ownership of such deadly tech. When a kid finds a parents gun and brings it to school and theres a shooting the owner loses the right of gun ownership and faces criminal charges. I expect the actions taken in response this chem weapon release to be on par with that.

If there's a technological ace up our sleeve I think the US should tip our hand and disclose; in order to fully convince the world of the righteous action in removing or destroying the chemical weapons from those who misuse or fail to protect them.

IF..Assad can't insure his stockpile of chemical weapons remain safe he shouldn't be allowed to keep them. Doesn't mean I think Assad needs to be ousted. Let him keep his tanks planes AAs missiles and the like. I dont believe its the worlds business to go around choosing the leadership of other sovereign nations.

And the previous video from 2007! And PNAC suggest to me that the heads that need to roll won't be just Syrian.

This calamity in Syria IS part of a plan of regional destabilization.

My tinfoil 2 cents is that Assads weapons are all safe. These might be hand me downs from Iraq. Being used by some pretending to be AlQeada.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join