It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

TOUCHDOWN?

THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL!!

Loose cannons need to be meticulously accessed, dismantled and permanently taken out of commision in the international community. Fate cannot be left in the hands of careless American politicians. They are spoiled brats with too many toys who make messes and don't even know how to clean up after themselves.

This kind of emotional laden thinking
is neither constructive nor helpful.

It is a weakness to think that name calling,
and slanderous characterization is the same thing as reasoned discourse.

And yes, this is our moment.

TPTB are terrified of the Conspiracy movement,
and ever since we started having real effect
back in the summer of 2009 they have been
paying more attention to us.

I submit to you that we are being played, into
making the wrong decision on this case, so
in the future we will only be remembered, if
at all, as the ones screaming loudest to do nothing.

Don't let that happen.
Demand that congress take action.

And not in some vague patriotic flag waving brain washed way.

Take a moment out of your own life,
to see if you can get a train of thought together
and come up with a solution for the use of chemical weapons.

Something we are all against,
but seem to be too busy shooting ourselves in the foot
to realize it.

Mike

I already did and some are way ahead of me in trying to solve this issue.
You are just trying to flip it around and take away my right to insult those who need to look in the mirror and see themselves how the world sees them. they deserve it... They NEED it. I do not have to be quiet about that when they are a detriment to the safety of the whole planet. No psychology bit from you is going to derail that. Congress has nothing to do with it because our government is plagued with special interests and is an ineffective waste of our tax dollars. If you think the problem will be solved by giving more power to those who have made such a mess out of the economy, global sociology, the environment and the disproportionate wealth in the world, then that shows that you are no one to be suggesting anything here. I am not required to play along with your pseudo-democratic capitalist ball game. The solution is clear and it involves the elimination of washington and the corrupt money and resource hungry intelligence of the pentagon from the equation... who is doing NOTHING for the American people much less anyone else.

Washington just needs to shut up and quit hogging the camera.

The world is tired of seeing their faces.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
double post...although it could use being repeated as much as possible.
edit on 31-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We shouldn't demand anything. It is NONE of our business.

Haven't you ever noticed how when we meddle in other countries business things get worse.

If they want to fight let them. That part of the world has been fighting on and off for centuries. It is not our job to police the planet. We need to mind our own business and take care of our own problems at home first.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are just trying to flip it around and take away my right to insult those who need to look in the mirror and see themselves how the world sees them. they deserve it... They NEED it. I do not have to be quiet about that when they are a detriment to the safety of the whole planet. No psychology bit from you is going to derail that. Congress has nothing to do with it because our government is plagued with special interests and is an ineffective waste of our tax dollars. If you think the problem will be solved by giving more power to those who have made such a mess out of the economy, global sociology, the environment and the disproportionate wealth in the world, then that shows that you are no one to be suggesting anything here. I am not required to play along with your pseudo-democratic capitalist ball game. The solution is clear and it involves the elimination of washington and the corrupt money and resource hungry intelligence of the pentagon from the equation... who is doing NOTHING for the American people much less anyone else.

The feeling I get from this is that there is only a hair's breadth of difference between us.

That being that you feel it is the Governments' decision,
and that even if we decide what to do,
they will take all the credit.

I, on the other hand,
am not going to let one more set of phantom fears
curtail me from doing the right thing, at the right moment.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
We shouldn't demand anything. It is NONE of our business.

Haven't you ever noticed how when we meddle in other countries business things get worse.

If they want to fight let them. That part of the world has been fighting on and off for centuries. It is not our job to police the planet. We need to mind our own business and take care of our own problems at home first.

But that's just my point.

It was never _us_ meddling in other countries,
it was always some authority, or vested interest.

This is the moment for it to actually be US for a change,
we should _demand_ not be told in the morning.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

How about instead of doing what the "powers that be" want us to:
1. start a WW to fix the world's economy, we know that the elite will insulate themselves from any war
2. reduce the surplus population, which has been their goal for at least 30 years
3. pacify the young unemployed men, by either killing them in war or employing them as soldiers
4. also stabilize the instability of a world with a huge imbalance of male to female ratio which is always socially dangerous (abortion and infanticide have killed so many females that the world is nearly critically imbalanced)

So your call to war is just playing right into "their" hands, why can't you see that?

If the people of the world stand up and say NO as they have in the UK, that is the real revolution.
edit on 31-8-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

History will only see one thing. That we dropped the ball, when it came to an escalation of chemical warfare. If we fail to act, History will judge us as failures as well.

So, let me get this straight. In order to do this, let us arrive at the definition of who constitutes the "we," in your post...I do not want to assume anything.

Please define, "we."

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The way I see it is that they have been fighting each other in the ME for a very long time and only they can decide when they have had enough and want peace.
The use of chemical weapons and other heinous weapons might speed up the peace process.Even though they have been fighting for centuries even they have their limits,maybe the ongoing wide spread use of chemical weapons will be what pushes them past their limits and they finely decide that it`s time to stop the constant fighting and start talking peace.

Sticking your nose into someone else`s civil war is like sticking your nose into someone else`s family arguments, no matter how good your intentions are you will always end up being the bad guy and getting attacked by both sides.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

The feeling I get from this is that there is only a hair's breadth of difference between us.

That being that you feel it is the Governments' decision,
and that even if we decide what to do,
they will take all the credit.

I, on the other hand,
am not going to let one more set of phantom fears
curtail me from doing the right thing, at the right moment.

Mike

If you think that I think it is the govts decision then I just don't know what to say about your ability to interpret what I have written. That blows my mind. The govt THINKS it is their decision and they have been guiding the toppling efforts all along for their own interests. I have clearly stated they should be eliminated from the equation altogether. They should have NO SAY. Do I need to repeat that again?

To think that asking congress to do something is the correct approach is to just put the power back into the government while fooling ourselves into thinking he form of that power is purified simply because it's congress... to demand for them to react and they will interpret that as a need to intervene. We cannot vaguely ask congress to take action because all politicians know how to do is order someone else to do something drastic when they are at a loss. Any action they take will be put in he hands of the military who just know how to blow stuff up. The US has no real unbiased body for international intervention. This is no mystery. It is special interest from top to bottom.

The administration wants to take the ability of congress to PREVENT action away from congress (in case that were to happen), but that does not mean we can expect congress to make the right choice of we complain to them because that is the equivalent of asking them to do something. It's a trick.... much ike the partisen tricks that fools us into thinking we are a democracy. If we perceive that congress has lost it's say, and we opt to demand that congress have a say in taking action... then it still looks like we expect some idiots in offices to do something about it. It's a LOSE LOSE scenario and is designed that way.

I reserve my right to continue insulting them until they have the good grace to get the hell off the TV set and stop ratchet-jawing their pseudo-important notions. Washington is construed in such a way that it is a progress trap. If there was an ability for there to be actual democratic processes to be taking place (what it is supposed to be) then it would be fine to think that all their back and forth hoo hah is worth our tax dollars, but we know it isn't like that and they are full of special interests no matter what partisan side they pretend to be on. The whole thing is corrupt, not just because of the individuals in office but because the entire backbone of capitalism and western government is breaking under the weight of all that it has boasted. The gravity of that will only take you in one direction. They all need to DO NOTHING, settle down, reel themselves in... & learn how to be truly conservative on a resource level- or they need to GO!

the only hope that we can expect to achieve anything is from the equilibrium of the other side... who yes, has a profitable stake in it as well but since it is the underdog & not the aggressor- it already has more integrity than the side who has become too accustomed to it's power & thinks nothing of abusing it. (the west)

Right now, in this matter, the east & some few others in the international community are showing the best approach to diplomacy. Give them their turn. Their dialogue is currently proving to be much more sane & sensible then the medicated nut cases in DC.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting take on why certain interests want approval to bomb the assad regime from a UK newspaper. Reference articles within it as well.

It really wouldn't surprise me if this is why the players are all in there as they are and this is what its all about.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 31-8-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why didn't we punish Israel for dropping white phos on the Palestinians? Why are we not punishing Obama for drone strikes that have killed innocent children?

Are the lives of the children in Pakistan any less than the lives of Syrian children?

The layers of hypocrisy are astounding.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria,

You lost me there... loser

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Yes, you sure got that right!!
Its like a darn onion!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A question.

If chemical weapons are the issue and they belong in the same category as WMD's (nuclear, biological, chemical) then why in he #### are we giving a pass to IRAN?????

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Iran used chemical weapons?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by beezzer

No. They are developing nukes however.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by beezzer

No. They are developing nukes however.

Hmmm...must have missed that report from the IAEA, or anyone...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The point I'm trying to make is this;
If we are to have such a moral outrage over the use of WMD's is it only in it's USE?

A country can HAVE WMD's and it's ok, but if they USE them, then it's "hammer time"?

Because, apparently, we knew that Assad has had a chemical weapons program for a while. And that was cool, I guess. But then the USE of chemical weapons is the game changer?

Seems kind of morally ambiguous to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am not going trough all the threads but this dude is wright...let these countries fight it out and bring our troops home , They are dyeing for nothing at this point.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh, yes I agree with your eventual point.

The reason why it is a "use it and you die" scenario, is because then the US et al, would have to give theirs up if they demanded as much from other countries. Also, it would be interesting to find out where the rebels got the chemical weapons from, I have read on here that it was Saudi Arabia. The reason being is that when there is war, oil price/demand goes up.

Anyone know if that is true or not?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join