It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama to deliver statement on Syria at 1:15 PM ET 8/31/2013 Watch it Live Link

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

There it is. Modern Capitalism is exactly as John Perkins puts it. It is clear to me,however, that we can never go back to that pie in the sky dream form of Capitalism which was never really real nor material in the first place.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

This is how I see it.

There is the law: use of chemical weapons is illegal; and then there is what we tentatively term the "United Nations" - what most people regard as an ineffective failure, suffering the natural effects of filibustering and gerrymandering between disparate blocs of nations with different interests.

When you have such a situation, you have a stalemate. Syria has indeed broken international law; it's use of chemical weapons is a clear no no. So how come, if nations do not come to any agreement, can we all of a sudden determine that this is the moral course of action? 2 - 2 = 0. So long as there continues to be these blocs of nations with opposing interests, it'll be difficult to ever enforce international law in any constructive way.

I understand in what your saying .. Obama has grown tired of some UN members dragging their feet over what to do in Syria .. instead of going to congress he should be going to the UN with the intel he released yesterday ..Putin has even stated and I quote " I would like to see our American FRIENDS show the UN council evidence of Syria using chemical weapons"

why didn't he release the information to Britain before they tried to get the ok through the house of commons ?
Obama's bluff has been called and he has been left wanting ....regardless of what happens in congress with out UN approval could cause the UN to collapse without any credibility ..

regardless of who is right and wrong America is a member of the UN and should act with in its laws ..
instead of beating the war drums Obama should show the rest of the world proof then allow the UN to do its job

Here's an idea ... why not make WAR a crime ,murder is murder no matter what way the chosen method is.
IT could never happen of course because its impossible to control
the only way out for Obama now is for the UN to back track and give approval to save face to all involved ..if UN inspectors can prove the use of chemical weapons then Russia and china will have to back military strikes
peace
edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

And where exactly did you read that? Umm, I'm speaking of the UN as an existing reality; so long as it exists, it'd be best that it's direction be dictated by democratic countries, and not China and Russia. That is all I meant.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

It was my inference from the tone of your comment. No need to get riled up, I got your point clearly.

I also do not in any way, shape, or form feel that the U.N. is "democratically" run. It is little more than a tool for justifying the intrusion of certain governments into the affairs of others.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
If you want to know why we're about to go into Syria, just like we did with Iraq

The heads of the nations should all kick back together with a good get together, if you know what I mean just laugh and brush some things off to the side. Sit and think how fantastic things are. The real ways of teaching, are the opposite of the military. It is a war in the city streets of America and they wanted us to go onto to another soil and fight, it doesn't make any sense. Like we should really care about friction? We should care about money enough to survive and if the next nation is an enemy money or negativity does not mean battle. I have the means for a utopia, a perfect utopia may not be possible but I promise eliminating the homeless can be possible and would have been possible if it weren't for people only thinking of themselves.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join