It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama to deliver statement on Syria at 1:15 PM ET 8/31/2013 Watch it Live Link

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The government should not have to sell anything. Either assad is using chemical weapons or he is not. Either there is proof or we are going by assumptions. All I know is that the last 12 years USA and UK have been acting like nazi germany.

Its disgraceful, its uncalled for, its boring, its a waste of time and energy.

Doesnt the government have something better to do? You know like take care of its own citizens, solve its own problems, get out of debt.

edit on 31/8/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So. Putin calls for convening of the UN couple hours ago. It would make me laugh if Obama fires on Syria and the UN council places SANCTIONS ON THE U.S. for once. Would that tell the U.S. to mind their business?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

That's quite a momentous day to make such a decision.

A dozen years after 9/11, and we're still dealing with troubles in the middle east.

link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Saddam used them against Iran, the Kurds were an accident, wrong place and wrong time, the same crap went on then that is going on now.

It's all lies, don't fall for them.

link   
Are sanctions against U.S. possible

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That would likely never happen.

The US is merely enforcing international law.
The US is a mainstay on the security council.

If the UN security council ever sanctioned America (which has an extremely low probability of happening) it would also imply that the UN had become the stronghorse for the most un-democratic countries in the world: Russia and China.

What a sad and sorry state of affairs that would be.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Thank you I was not sure on that matter.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigburgh
Are sanctions against U.S. possible

sure only in fantasy land.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Thought so.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte

That would likely never happen.

The US is merely enforcing international law.
The US is a mainstay on the security council.

If the UN security council ever sanctioned America (which has an extremely low probability of happening) it would also imply that the UN had become the stronghorse for the most un-democratic countries in the world: Russia and China.

What a sad and sorry state of affairs that would be.

Enforcing international law? Please dont make me

Enforcing international law means ALL members of security council agree, OTHERWISE we have *ACTS OF AGGRESSION*.

Duh!
edit on 31/8/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Lol. I know it was a dumb question.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Doesnt the government have something better to do? You know like take care of its own citizens, solve its own problems, get out of debt.

Not as long as the Americans keep on voting a X- CIA for president.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Somehow someway something has to reign in the gov. We're to spread out physically and money who knows has to be scarce. But what do I know. I'm not I government.

It was leaked the other day that the black budget was around 56 billion. Seems low but ok . The budget for the f-22 is 66 billion. And that was just one of who knows how much. Maybe we'll get the answer by Oct.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Bigburgh because: budget

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Interesting that you mention debt as we also hit our debt ceiling in early october, probably sooner then that if we go into War.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Not as long as the Americans keep on voting a X- CIA for president.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Come to think of it I feel bad bashing ron paul 5 years ago because I bought all the mainstream crap of racism and isolationism. The more I study libertarianism the more tolerant of rand paul and gary johnson I become.

And I am not even conservative. I am on certain issues, but not on all. I like constitution and green parties more.

The hell with democrats and republicans.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sanctions aren't likely, unless an "interruption in service" could be considered a sanction. There has been a lot of chatter about the Syrian electronic army hacking websites and so on, and then we have an exercise regarding a power outage coming up soon.

The power outage exercise doesn't involve any outages at all, but it would be a good time to allow something to happen "By Accident" and spin it to get the stoooopid moo-cow public to approve a response without congressional approval.

Congressional approval is almost guaranteed I think, there's a lot of money to be made and they are in the pockets of those who profit from war, just look what they get from lobbyists to get legislation passed, a lot of those lobbyists work for the defense industry.

It will probably be foisted on congress as a boost to the economy somehow too, and definitely a great distraction for the public at large to get busy watching it like a ball-game, waving banners and flags, and eating bread.

Bread and Media Circuses. Never underestimate the level of stupidity people are capable of sinking to. If you want to have faith in something, have faith that people will almost always do the wrong thing and forget about it in about eight minutes.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I use to support interventions and what not. But when I got wind of helping alqaeda in Libya. It didn't sit well and became agitated. Then learning that alqaeda ended up with top of the line U.S. made fire arms in Syria sank my stomach. I and the person next to me come from a long line of military families. My friend right here her father worked for ( for fear of being monitored ) see eye a. Retired. And her uncle who handled the Iranian hostage patients. Heck I'll say his name, Dr. General Fritz Plugge retired now deceased. On Wikipedia. Or Google. So we needless to were a bit blind and obedient. But even she's sick to her stomach on this one.

I don't know how bad Assad is. Only what MSM and what's in print tell me. A former Med student of ophthalmology turned dictator I don't know. Nothing feels right about this.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2013 by Bigburgh because: arrival typo

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

. It would make me laugh if Obama fires on Syria and the UN council places SANCTIONS ON THE U.S. for once.

It won't. The USA pays 1/4 of the bills for the United Nations.
And the United Nations sits in NYC ... and all it's 'diplomats' (criminals) get free parking in NYC.
The UN won't hit the USA with anything. I really doubt it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

. It would make me laugh if Obama fires on Syria and the UN council places SANCTIONS ON THE U.S. for once.

It won't. The USA pays 1/4 of the bills for the United Nations.
And the United Nations sits in NYC ... and all it's 'diplomats' (criminals) get free parking in NYC.
The UN won't hit the USA with anything. I really doubt it.

Yes that was explained earlier to me by a friend. As she put the pay nothing at all. Food cab night life all covered.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Am I going to get in trouble by mods for bringing up the whole sanction thing. And not staying on subject of the potus speech? I'm new to posting by 2 days and I fear that may be my Dan Quayle potato speech.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join