It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama to deliver statement on Syria at 1:15 PM ET 8/31/2013 Watch it Live Link

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Didn't Saddam use them in 88?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Obama must really care about the nation they are saying on the tube that he and Biden are out golfing right now.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't know for fact that Saddam used them in 88. But is is known at some point the U.S. supplied Saddam with chemical weapons to handle Iran. Then during the Gulf war it was suspected Saddam used them on the Kurds then hid the remaining Chemical weapons over in Syria. With help of older Assad.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
so what i believe happened is the people in charge have already made the decision to start another war. The Powers that be used there puppet to announce it to the world.

In that announcement the impression was given that they have to wait for a congressional debate
(which isnt even a real thing these days) but in reality The powers that be's Goons(military) are fortifying there position and locking and loading, and will probably attack before congress is even back in session.

But of course the media will make it look like Congress gave approval and the military acted afterward making it all legal.

This gives the attacking force the advantage of surprise, by using lies and deception. This is war people there are no laws, dont feed into BS.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

yes that's what I thought ..just heard the information on the bbc news a few days back n 100 years was mentioned ..maybe I put it in the wrong context ..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

The link says we are currently off the air

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

As we are WELL Aware there are always 2 sides to a story so let me brief you on what is my opinion:
OB clearly did not state specifically who used chemical weapons because he-mr Kerry are at fault too!
July 26th 2013 promises by Kerry and OB

www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/26/syrian-opp osition-urges-us-to-supply-promised-weapons-quickly/

&
Syrian Rebels claimed to be behind Chemical attacks

www.mintpressnews.com/witnesses-of-gas-att ack-say-saudis-supplied-rebels-with-chemical-weapons/168135/

Trinity

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

The Puppet post you made reminds of a stupid picture I drew.
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Pretty hypocritical coming from a man who's country has killed civilians using Nukes, Agent Orange, Depleted Uranium munitions and drone strikes.

Just hope congress vote the same as us in the UK.

TOO Funny/not- but you took the words right out of my mouth! You forgot the drug testing experiences on unknown subjects whom we call people(human beings)! . errrr

Trinity

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
President Obama made an interesting decision.

Give all the information to the members of congress...give them time to study it...have them vote on it.

If congress votes yes...then they are in agreement with the President.

If congress votes no...then there will be no strike on Syria...and at least the President tried.

It is very interesting to me...that all of this is happening...when the upcoming anniversary of 9/11 is almost upon us.

I do know this...my heart and prayers go out to the Syrian people; I care..and I don't want them to have to live in fear and have to experience all the horrors of being attacked by chemical weapons; or any other weapons. They do need help; I am just not sure how to best help them. I hate war. Who is really attacking them? I personally do not know.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Whats more precious are their Holidays coming up in Sept. 4th & Sept 13th..

God Bless the good always!

Trinity

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways

Whats more precious are their Holidays coming up in Sept. 4th & Sept 13th..

God Bless the good always!

Trinity

I know nothing about Syrian holidays...what holidays are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

All the soldiers in the world need to put their arms away in their homes safely. Pick up a shovel and lets get to planting some trees and building a better enviornment for ourselves and work on ourselves. Everything is just going to fast everything needs to chill down and relax and start resolving some of the real issues causing todays problems in the world, all the corruption.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So, am i the only one that sees a setup in a President going to Congress for a formal declaration of war even though that hasn't happened since World War II and that the planned debate/decision on this war is set for the week of September the 11th?
edit on 31-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

All the soldiers in the world need to put their arms away in their homes safely. Pick up a shovel and lets get to planting some trees and building a better enviornment for ourselves and work on ourselves. Everything is just going to fast everything needs to chill down and relax and start resolving some of the real issues causing todays problems in the world, all the corruption.

I think that you are thinking in the right direction.

Unfortunately there are many people in powerful places that like war. War is big business and they make a lot of money when there is a war. Of course these people do not care about the healing of humanity; and are into (money, power and greed).

Like I said (I hate war)...but here comes the complexity of it all (for me)...I do believe in self-defense.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
So, am i the only one that sees a setup in a President going to Congress for a formal declaration of war even though that hasn't happened since World War II and that the planned debate/decision on this war is set for the week of September the 11th?

No...you are not the only one...if you scroll up the page a bit...you will see I did make a statement about this.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm glad Obama decided not to attack without congressional approval.

The seriousness of the situation is evident by this decision. There are to many unknowns, and until the UN finishes it's investigation, it is best not to act.

I see a lot of people thinking we shouldn't do a military strike, and I understand peoples positions, even though I think we should with congressional approval, this gives everyone enough time to either find another solution, or to prepare a bit more for what is to come, either way, something will be done, I hope it is a political solution, but realistically, I don't see how there can be one. It is a no win no matter what happens.

It would not surprise me if Turkey, or Israel, do something in the meantime.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes their Holidays are :

Rosh Hashanah, is the Jewish New Year. Sept 4,5,6th

&

Yom Kippur Sept 13 & 14 , also known as Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year for the Jewish people. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with an approximate 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services.

ps I'm not Jewish but I do know how they(evil) people love their numbers, etc. Also the Bible tells us of the events to come and yes they are on target!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

I'm sorry to disagree that would be too cliché’ Think bigger!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This should make constitutionalists happy.

If Congress votes Yay, then off to war we go!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join