It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama to deliver statement on Syria at 1:15 PM ET 8/31/2013 Watch it Live Link

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
President Speech LIVE link
Is this the straw that breaks the camels back..

The president will deliver a statement at 1:15 p.m. Saturday on Syria.
Polls suggest winning public support will be an uphill climb. A new Reuters’ poll shows U.S. support for intervention has increased over the past week to 20 percent, up from just 9 percent, with more than half of Americans opposing intervention.

Read more: www.foxnews.com... the president announcing an attack?

Will this president get his war jackets.

Will the bombs be dropping soon, what will the president say now?

Will this all be lip service again>? We can only hope that for our sake, the people of Syria's sake, and the worlds sake, no bombs start being lobbed.. No cruise missiles knocking on doors.. NO WAR MORE PEACE
edit on 31-8-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Yep, just saw that on CNN too.

This could be it.

I hope not.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Yep, just saw that on CNN too.

This could be it.

I hope not.

Also on Saturday, U.N. chemical weapons inspectors were believed to have arrived in the Netherlands, where samples they collected in Syria are expected to be repackaged and sent to laboratories around Europe. The goal will be to check them for traces of poison gas that may have been unleashed in an Aug. 21 bombardment of a Damascus suburb.
The inspectors earlier left Syria and flew out of Lebanon early Saturday. An aircraft believed to have been chartered by the German government landed in Rotterdam on Saturday afternoon.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Seems the UN inspectors are gone early, maybe they got a heads up..
edit on 31-8-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its quite funny how Britain and France sort of caused all this trouble in Syria and they have pulled out yet the U.S keeps moving forward,maybe the U.S got butt hurt when assad said he was no american puppet

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Its quite funny how Britain and France sort of caused all this trouble in Syria and they have pulled out yet the U.S keeps moving forward,maybe the U.S got butt hurt when assad said he was no american puppet

Well in all due respect he is just Russia's puppet.. A puppet is a puppet.
I don't hold this Assad guy with high regards at all. Neither do I al qaeda, but sometimes the MONSTER we know is better then the MONSTER we do not..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obama is probably going to say that they will wait With the attack, until the UN inspectors have come up With the same conclusion as Obama. The UN inspectors said they would need to wait at least two weeks for the result of their samples.

Russia said pretty firmly today, that Russia wont Accept a US attack on Syria unless the UN or Obama can present som physical evidence that Assad used Chemical weapons. He was pretty fed up With the US acusations without evidence.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

All america are interested in is Syrian oil they don't have as much as Iraq but they have more than the U.S

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Trial balloon statements.....

Wants to see if he can get some love on the issue. He really can't do nothing till the UN does the testing and release the results.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Syria is a relatively small oil producer, accounting for just 0.5 percent of the global production in 2010.[29][30]
Source

Yeah, it is wikipedia but their sources are sourced properly. They do have more oil than Pennsylvania which is where the first oil rig was placed in the US, but they still pump oil in PA today.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Potus usually makes a radio address on Saturday's.

My guess he is going to turn tail and run.

IF he makes a STOTU from the oval office. That is when it's on.
edit on 31-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
'My fellow Earthicans,

I have decided to go to Congress and seek their approval for this war thing on Syria, knowing in advance they will say no.

This means I can back down, safely, without losing any credibility in the eyes of the world, and go back to my holidays.

Happy Holidays y'all'.

link   

Ahabstar
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Syria is a relatively small oil producer, accounting for just 0.5 percent of the global production in 2010.[29][30]
Source

Yeah, it is wikipedia but their sources are sourced properly. They do have more oil than Pennsylvania which is where the first oil rig was placed in the US, but they still pump oil in PA today.

Production does not equate to oil in the ground..
You should know Israel wants the oil off the coast there.. What is it 1.7 billion barrels or so?
Also interesting to note Greece may have claim to 22 billion off it's coast... Seems like we could be in a global oil war.

link   
Hey mods. This has nothing to do with this thread. And this is a first on this site. You know how you have pop up ads for like Dexter or house of cards. Well a site popped up just now as I was lurking this thread. Its definitely one new for me. It was a full page ad for "my teen gf" I immediately run virus scan and there was none. And checked to see where it originated. It just vanished. So I know ATS is doing some renovations. Did something slip by? Also the Dexter ad keep over ruining page and freezing up. Thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

We're safe; it's outside.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
OK everybody they got the stream on. Should be anytime now. You can see the whitehouse lawn and the flags waving in the wind. Few bushes on each side of the podium.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
OK everybody they got the stream on. Should be anytime now. You can see the whitehouse lawn and the flags waving in the wind. Few bushes on each side of the podium.

lol

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Late as usual. Maybe he is listening to Sabbath's War Pigs to psyche himself up for the speech.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This guy is always late....I think he is getting into character, give him a sec.

link   
So will it be a go. Why over over he said she said. And what funding! Fact yes people are being killed. Fact! No one knows yet which side is doing it.

link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by neo96

We're safe; it's outside.

Has a president ever declared war in the rose garden? Would be interesting to know.. The peaceful rose garden turned into a big field of war..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join