Police Unhappy with Holder's Decision on MJ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
"Police Unhappy with Holder's Decision on MJ"

Aw puddin'.

The jig is up. This song and dance is played out. We know the game, and now so does everyone else. True colors. They shouldn't expect any sympathy. All this time and concern over the wrong green. So many lives ruined over this scam. Such hypocrisy. Such blatant greed and duplicity. Seeking to maintain criminalization/prohibition of something solely for the sake of revenue seems kinda... criminal.

There is still a long road ahead. Hopefully there will be some overturned convictions, some rights restored... but I suppose that is a little too optimistic.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm in a small college town but the police now have at least two black urban tanks they are driving around, a fleet of unmarked black SUVs, and all the cruisers are new and painted black now. No more whites, blues or black & white. Many of the officers are carrying assault rifles and they wear camo military armor and battle helmets indistinguishable from the pictures I see of soldiers in the middle east. There is nothing that really goes on here beyond vandalism and the occasional student-run political demonstration. These people are insane. They have built up an ACTUAL military against us now, but at least around here nobody is doing anything. They did drive one of these tanks into.. and I do mean INTO.. someone's house and sent an entire tactical military squad in the wreckage where they temporarily arrest the gray-haired old couple that lived inside. They were looking for pot. They didn't find any. Psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Never about the people,always about money.F*ck the people

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
I'm in a small college town but the police now have at least two black urban tanks they are driving around, a fleet of unmarked black SUVs, and all the cruisers are new and painted black now. No more whites, blues or black & white. Many of the officers are carrying assault rifles and they wear camo military armor and battle helmets indistinguishable from the pictures I see of soldiers in the middle east. There is nothing that really goes on here beyond vandalism and the occasional student-run political demonstration. These people are insane. They have built up an ACTUAL military against us now, but at least around here nobody is doing anything. They did drive one of these tanks into.. and I do mean INTO.. someone's house and sent an entire tactical military squad in the wreckage where they temporarily arrest the gray-haired old couple that lived inside. They were looking for pot. They didn't find any. Psychopaths.

They would have to be total psychopaths to engage in this behavior. Without any remaining shreds of humanity. Such individuals really need to be publicly identified.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not only the police, but actually the localities and states will be hurting, this is just from one of my experiences in traffic court a few years ago, out of say 100 people there that morning, I would say around 60% were there for Marijuana possession or selling it and most of them got suspended sentences but were fined, it's sort of the same thing with the speed limits, you raise them, they will assuredly lose lot's of money, along with the lawyers also.

It is all such a racket being perpetrated on the citizens to make money and income for government, they make you feel like you are being protected by the made up laws that will then in turn make you feel guilty and also fearful, all in the never ending cycle of control.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

All this time and concern over the wrong green. So many lives ruined over this scam. Such hypocrisy. Such blatant greed and duplicity. Seeking to maintain criminalization/prohibition of something solely for the sake of revenue seems kinda... criminal.

What gets me the most is the conflict of interest, lack of justice, no accountability, and the steady growth of militarized departments. Imagine them taking away a 1000 dollars from you that you had worked hard to save up. Imagine going to a lawyer to find out it will take you 2000 to get it back. Imagine a DA and Judge siding with the police. Imagine the smiles on their faces when they divide up your money among themselves. Imagine the rage you would feel about the whole ordeal.

The courts are of no help in most cases cause they get part of the money. Even the almighty Supreme Court sides with the police.

Supreme Court widens seizures Property tied to crime may be taken even if owner is not involved

articles.baltimoresun.com...

Even Justice Thomas realized it could be abused

Improperly used, forfeiture could become more like a roulette wheel employed to raise revenue from innocent but hapless owners whose property is unforeseeably misused, or a tool wielded to punish those who associate with criminals, than a component of a system of justice. When the property sought to be forfeited has been entrusted by its owner to one who uses it for crime, however, the Constitution apparently assigns to the States and to the political branches of the Federal Government the primary responsibility for avoiding that result.

www.fed-soc.org...

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What this "should do" is show the states they are still correct in making laws from and for the people. other states from what i have read show this as a big door to legalize MJ. It shows the feds are willing to back down. A lot of states mine included has been scared of what the fed will do. last thing the states want is a fed back lash. as for money you guys are right it is about the money. granted most of the leo's i talk too say its a good thing they feel pot heads are not worth the time. and it will give more time for this to bust the harder stuff crack ect.. there still is lots of money to made paid to the state with the 15% sales tax + Obama's 40% tax on small biz. that is a 55% tax plus you will no longer need to pay 200$ for 10 pain pills to some drug co that has been pumping pills into you to destroy your liver or kidneys. so in turn the medical field will also get a brake on spending money. and from my understanding pot shops are setup to be non-profit. most of the successful shops end up donating money to causes, cancer,habitat for humanity and so on. But i really do not think the fed wants to challenge this atm. they know right now they have a lot of ticked off people already and with the public voting yes. if they fight this they know they already ticked off 70% of americans if they fight it that number will go up to 80-90% of americans. I really feel its not going to take much more to turn everyone against our government

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121
What this "should do" is show the states they are still correct in making laws from and for the people.

Ummmm no.

On this single issue, I can see where someone would take that position. But it's easy to point out half a dozen states where the state government is every bit as evil as fedgov. The sheer volumes of "law" these entities produce is systemically victimizing us, overwhelming our liberties .... and our sensibilities.

It's time for a clean sweep.

It's time to release the drug offenders from prison and wipe their records. Even violent drug users should be released and records wiped if their "violence" charges came from police encounters. It's time to put these "politicals" and their thieving, murdering accomplices in the prisons.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned they should keep enforcing the laws the way they are. I don't care how many people they lock up for drugs I don't like drug addicts. I've dealt with addiction and I've seen it ruin a lot of lives. I'm sick of hearing marijuana advocates talk about how harmless pot is. Marijuana is a mind altering substance and far from harmless. I've experienced addiction to it first hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have always said the reason they don't legalize pot is because there is more money for all on the black market!!!

I have always said... I've never seen pot kill a family of 5!!! Alcohol is far more dangerous health, mental, crime ect then pot!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very scary when we actually have police openly saying that their "funding" greatly depends on the "War on Drugs"
I came across this video that broke down how the prison population has changed as a result of the "War on Drugs" and the numbers are shocking.......especially how many fewer violent criminals have been replaced with non-violent drug users......

I guess police can't seize a rapist or murders property quite as easily, and they have to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that person is guilty, unlike people accused of drug charges who are presumed guilty, and are subjected to unknown grief and extortion...."hand over all your money because it's "possible" it came from drugs, good luck getting it back, however you aren't being charged with any actual crime at this time".....It's outright robbery.

I don't know why Holder is "seemingly" doing the right thing at this point, maybe it's all just another con or lip service....but I did find this debate interesting, basically the point is that the ATF still regards MJ as a controlled substance under federal law, therefore even if a person legally uses it for medical or recreational purposes they can be denied the right to buy a firearm, something not denied to users of other prescription drugs in most cases and certainly not to people who use alcohol for recreation.......who would you rather face with a firearm, someone who's drunk or someone who smokes pot? Just saying......

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh well. Tough titties, cops.

--MJ

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I went to jail in 1974 for possession of rolling papers, a felony since they found 2 seeds on me also. And also felony possession of a rolling machine. When I went to court they brought out 6 ounces that I never, ever possessed. It was clear to me then that it is not about the drug, it is about their power over people that they don't like, or people that are not like them. It used to be the grand old time of their ilk raping and pillaging, now they have to keep it down to pillaging. I hope they suffer even a fraction of the suffering that they have imposed on others.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Money is the key, and you have cut right to the heart of the war on .... drugs (but that moniker is simplistic, it's really war on society's undesirables, according to small thinking thugs, or a war on minorities, free thinkers, intellectuals, artists AND those who are too fragile to exist as Darwinist eating machines).

The web of "informers" is comprised of people caught with banned substances and then forced to tell authorities about everyone's business under threat of imprisonment or simple old-fashioned state harassment.

It's almost unbelievable what undercover networks do now, never mind uniformed armed thugs who operate out in the open.

Law enforcement long ago moved from protecting citizens from theft and threat and became a criminal enterprise of its own. But drink until you vomit and beat someone... and you are protected and fine... unless someone decides to plant something on you or your property that has a molecular composition slightly different than legal chains of molecules.

It's an arbitrary, open ended sanction to steal from and oppress whomever won't have a fuss raised about them... usually exactly those that need society's protection in the first place. Misguided, evil and sick.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The so called war on drugs is nothing more than a money making scam.

Here is one of the best interviews I have ever seen on this issue. Co-founder of LEAP, Peter Christ, appears on WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, destroys the illusion.

Enjoy...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Even without MJ, they still have a huge list of drugs they can get funding to fight.

all i heard when I read the article... is exactly what the video below says.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
As far as I'm concerned they should keep enforcing the laws the way they are. I don't care how many people they lock up for drugs I don't like drug addicts. I've dealt with addiction and I've seen it ruin a lot of lives. I'm sick of hearing marijuana advocates talk about how harmless pot is. Marijuana is a mind altering substance and far from harmless. I've experienced addiction to it first hand.

I respectfully disagree with you. Some people find themselves addicted to chocolate or fried food and they become obese because of such addiction. No way we should be regulating what a free person chooses to eat.

Any substance can cause harm if used in the wrong way, cannabis is no exception. With it being illegal in most states, one can easily argue that so should alcohol and tobacco because they are quite harmful and result in addiction as well. We all know that will never happen.

Since you probably consider yourself a 'recovering addict', what good does locking up addicts? Most people I know who have spent any amount of time in prison come out with a bunch of new skills, like how to cook meth. Addiction is a medical problem and those who have a serious problem need rehab, a change of lifestyle, and new friends. An addict going to prison will almost certainly never recover, and likely come out more hopeless than when he or she went in.(there are exceptions I know but not many).

The bottom line, MJ is a non-toxic plant with many legitimize medical uses. To through someone in prison for simple possession or cultivation is a major fail in our modern society.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Police think any change will lead to more crime. Even if it did, what do they care? That's what's keeping them fat and happy!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
nobody gives a #

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
"Local law enforcement agencies rely heavily on the drug war for funding. Police departments are often able to keep a large portion of the assets they seize during drug raids, even if charges are never brought. And federal grants for drug war operations make up a sizable portion of local law enforcement funding."

people just do not understand that this really means. The "war" on drugs is a declared WAR. Iraq is not a declared war. The war on drugs means that when drugs are involved, war time rules are in effect. What police collect are "the spoils of war!" The reason no warrant is needed for drugs is that in war the rules are different, the laws do not apply. Suspicion is the rule of the day in war, so drugs are used as the excuse to harass, imprison and collect the people of the US.

Holder should seek to call off the war altogether. Eliminating the spoils of war and returning the right of redress.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join