It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Credibility is a National Security Issue?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just got finished listening to Secretary of State Leon Panetta. Paraphrasing his comments he claims that President Obama is the Leader of the World. Panetta did this in a well rehearsed and carefully prepared interview yesterday with NBC. Panetta went on to say it is our duty as a World Leader to take action in Syria. We have a responsibility to exercise leadership in the World to take action and there’s no question that the credibility and the leadership of the United States in a troubled world is extremely important to our national security.

So what I see is the powers in Washington or Democrats feel we are the Leaders of The World. Furthermore, Obama has done a knee jerk reaction to chemical weapons use in Syria and months ago drew a “Red Line” about the use of weapons of mass destruction or WMD’s. Even though American Citizens, other allies throughout the world have expressed and even voted not to get involved, it seems that they must now protect the personal reputation of Obama or he will appear weak. Think about this…..The Democrats are going to go to war over protecting the CREDIBILITY OF PRESIDENT OBAMA. Because if they do not it is a national security would be damaged so bad that it could cause….What problem? Wow!!

I think this is as low as one can get. I do not condone the use of WMD’s that were used in Syria, and that most likely were given to Syria by Sadam Hussein of Iraq before the 2nd Gulf War. To go in and risk exposing innocent citizens in Syria to WMD contamination, and to risk a war against Russia and China without any allied supports is insane. I am sorry that Obama got his feelings hurt because his reputation or credibility damaged but the truth is his credibility sucked long before this happened.

I am so glad that Panetta and Kerry all realize that Americans are fatigue over more than a decade of being at war. It was so moving and heartfelt NOT!!! These guys are idiots. America is not only fatigued we are bankrupt. Ten plus years of war with nothing to show but death and destruction around the world. No specific mission, nothing gained but more pissed off Muslims and now our allies are fed up with our arrogance of believing we have a responsibility to be the World Leader. We are being led by an individual that thinks he is so important that he must start a war in order to keep his credibility intact. That seems narcissistic and it truly sad and pitiful. I think Hitler was the same way. That deal ended pretty bad for him for you all that have knowledge of WWII or World War 2. We use to be a Leader of The Free World now we are The Leader of The World. I see problems on so many levels.

Lastly, and a side observation. I find it interesting how NBC has edited the controversial parts of the interview out with Panetta and they have not done a transcript of the entire interview. It is amazing how much censorship and deceptive information is being spewed out onto the public. Washington is running scared and desperate the Americans are so unhappy that if the truth was actually reported we would get rid of everybody in the Federal Government.

What say you? Do not hold back because I cannot interrupt you like the idiots on TV.

edit on 31-8-2013 by rgzing because: typo

edit on 31-8-2013 by rgzing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Leon Panetta that said Iran would have a WMD in 3 months, back in Nov of 2010. That guy sucks. Anyone with a brain cell wouldn't believe anything he says.
edit on 31-8-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Obama was going to be set up after he quoted his red line comment.
Shows he and Kerry have been duped to look like fools.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I nore my family would ever believe anything Cameron or Obama heads of state say, Iran had supposed to been able to attack with Nuclear rockets in 2009, then in 2011 they had got at least 5 nuclear bombs, now after that time they will have them within 3 months, USA are crazy, the drugs they are on don't help them.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
same said about the UK

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Information Ministry in Damascus ordered Syrian radio and TV broadcasters Saturday to interrupt regular programs and switch to war status, airing patriotic content and military marches.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

...I just got finished listening to Secretary of State Leon Panetta. Paraphrasing his comments he claims that President Obama is the Leader of the World. Panetta did this in a well rehearsed and carefully prepared interview yesterday with NBC. Panetta went on to say it is our duty as a World Leader to take action in Syria. ...

hmmm... isn't John Kerry the current Secretary of State
see panetta: topics.bloomberg.com...

As for 0bamas credibility...the office he sits in has had credibility...that he sponged off of

presently the administration of personal handlers are going fuul throttle on trying to save the credibility of the Office by spinning the garbage that It "Does not matter who used the chemical weapons in Syria, Assad must be held accountable"
also that some form of ~restrained Punishment must be administered upon the Assad regime~

all this is doing is installing 0bama as the strict discipiline global administrator..
the idea of the USA must mete out punishment is a back door way to bomb those who displease us...

and the very act of even 2 cruise missiles sent to Syrian targets is the 'Precident' to allow future attacks on Syria at the whim of 0bama

see the trap being set... for unlimited unilateral action, without the approval of the UN or Congress, or even world opinion..

.if we let the USA send a limited and targeted 'punishment' of the Assad regime in Syria today---
on absolutely no proof of Syrian Troops actually gassing the civilians & children....

then the path to additional 'punishments' is automatic with the USA president holding the sovereign nation & prople hostage to undeclared war operations on still another front (other than the barbarians & Jihadists paid by and armed by the USA to attack Assad)

the USA needs to stand-down or be sanctioned by the civilized world community
edit on 31-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The national security and credibility issue was in the last administration, when the genesis and motherload of conspiracy theories took root, on 911, and created when Colin Powell now admittedly used false information at the U.N. to go to war, have we forgotten about those verifiable facts? and now it is coming out and I cannot verify whether it was true, the U.S. did assist indirectly in the gassing of the Kurds by Saadam.

The national security and credibility were in question way before President Obama, so lets not so quickly attempt to stick this on him like it is a something new that has developed, I see you wasted almost a whole page trying to make a point, but for those that keep it real and honest, your claims have no full validity if you discount what I just wrote.

What is even sadder though is some do not get it yet, nor realize the hiearchy created by the U.N. and obligations of member nations, and the most important fact that eventually all must conform, including disarmament and following all guidelines it imposes upon member nations if not immediately, they will eventually, the New World Order is real it's not even about Obama or any sitting president, they will conform and fall under the charter.

edit on 31-8-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Shame Obama even attempted to use the same play book as George.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The White House is shortsighted and egotistical with fear. On the positive side of this coin, public opinion of Obama and the USA would increase if they showed patience and humility. When someone admits they are wrong they get RESPECT. That is how you EARN it. That is STRENGTH. You can't force people to respect you.

These people think fear equals respect.

Its all art of war show strength when your weak. Show weakness when your strong. Obama looks weak and he needs to show strength of CHARACTER to become strong again and to gain the public's strength.

Dropping bombs just show's he's weak inside. It's one step forward two steps back. Obama could leap ahead and America could stand tall if he just handles it with humility.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The thing is Obama has no credibility.And yes that is indeed a national security problem.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think this war they insist on having over every objection, coming to be world wide now, may be what ultimately gets people off their duffs and more than the silent majority.

They usually wait enough time between wars for the public to forget the worst and be wooed by the romantic image media usually carries. So, they get away with it.

Obama is "double-dosing" us, so to speak. Giving us another dose of war before we've forgotten the nasty side effects of the last ones. Heck, ONE of them is STILL ongoing and the fact he says it isn't, doesn't make it so. One of our members is 'reporting' from there, so to speak, and it sure doesn't sound all over and done with to me.

Yet here we are. We're hearing the Executive branch make arguments even Nixon hadn't dared utter as a serious position. We're here, being told once again how initiating hostilities against a nation who, thus far, has been a threat only things within it's OWN borders, is essential to world peace.

WE FIGHT FOR PEACE?!?! Isn't that basically what that pudgy fool is saying?!

I hope Panetta realizes that many a nation around the world think we do nearly equal wrongs within OUR own borders, every single day. (I'm not saying WE DO, but "Don't Judge, lest ye be Judged....has never been more true)

Nations need to stay out of forcible intervention of other's internal affairs. That was a world principle recently enough to be within my lifetime, anyway. It's the most obvious thing which has died in the New World Order. That aspect is running out of control, quick.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes I am sorry about that I should have said Sec. of Defense and former head of the CIA.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's David Cameron you should have been worried about. Thank God he was defeated in the common's. He really is a menace to society... him and his twisted tory boys. Don't forget these morons kill for fun! they love nothing better than to kill an innocent fox or game bird for pleasure. God forbid we have another couple years of these twot's left to go and they wanted to go to war? a real war? not electronic battleships.. a real war!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

You are right, but you should already know, fear has always been at the essence of control my friend, so does this surprise you at all? did you think that by changing the man in the White House would somehow stop the strategy that has always been at the core? respect is one thing but when you are a world power, respect alone will never deter those who are against you and you will never earn the respect of all of your enemies and respect of enemies of has never been the goal, the goal has always been, America is number one, no matter what has to be done to ensure it, regardless of those who do not think we are, just like the last president said, you are are either for us or against us.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The weird factor is at an all time high with Syria.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Totalitarians require enemies sufficiently threatening enough to induce people to surrender their freedom to them. In our lifetimes, America has been steadily moving in a totalitarian or Police State direction via a series of phony "wars" - the "War on Poverty," the "War on Drugs," the "War on Global Warming/Climate Change," the "War on Money Laundering," the "War on Terrorism."

I assume most of us are sick, tired, and cynical about the Obama's shepherd boys to include NSA crying "Wolf!", claiming there are terrorist monsters under his White House bed at night, and trying to scare all the little boys and girls on Capitol Hill with horror stories about the Al Qaeda Boogeyman who is out to totally destroy the western world with a dirty...turban. Or table cloth and fan belt worn around a head! Never mind they live 20 hours away by a fast jet just to get to a TSA grope and feel fest or to have their naked image on some TSA computer.

Across the country, there is an average of 150 Gestapo No-Knock SWAT raids on homes in the US per day - over 50,000 per year. According to the book, "Rise of the Warrior Cop": The Militarization of America's Police Forces by Radley Balko, just released (July 2013).

NSA Surveillance State spying - capable of providing any amount of evidence to convict anyone designated an Enemy of the State by violating any number of Federal rules and regulations either known or unknown - is overwhelmingly the Number One Security Threat to the life and well-being of Americans. So I figure let the government fix that before they go and bomb anyone half a world away......

There are problems with few answers with our chosen leaders and it is not a republican or democrat thing either...There really is something about the food and water dumbing people down or...... the truly sick have taken over the direction of the country....... IMO!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Ahem!

Obama does not get a pass for doing dumb # just because someone prior to him did dumb # too. If he can't learn from past mistakes made by past dumbasses, then he is a dumbass, too, and unfit for a leadership position. If that is the case - and it appears to be - then he is deserving of impeachment before he further damages US credibility which is already on the ropes.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

My statement was not to give a pass, you said that sir, it was meant to rebut in someway the message of the OP that seems to imply this as some new phenomenon, as though the threat to U.S. credibility and national security never existed until Obama, tyranny and dirty tricks were well defined especially when Bush claimed Unilateral powers in the war on terror(made it clear he had all powers) pushed through and created the patriot act, created two financially crippling wars that we unfortunately are still involved in years later.

So I ask were you one of the ones around giving a pass while all of this was happening ? I just say be balanced in some of these page long declarations about the wrongs or perceived by the writer's assessments of the current administration when it has yet to even come close to some of the things that happened previously, obviously some would like to paint a picture of Obama's not being credible but just think of this, Dick Cheney was running the country then, not Bush, how many people actually gave credibility to the office of president then? now all of a sudden you have all the outrage by many who never liked Obama to begin with, please, go get all the facts first, then come and write a dissertation that will support in any way Obama is any worse than Bush or has handled things any worse, than, Reagan, Bush or Clinton or presidents before him handled crisis, I think you can find things done in any of those administrations that many would perceive as impeachable or causing great loss in U.S. credibility and in turn risks to national security.
edit on 1-9-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
People tend to forget that Obama "credibility" and the US has been compromised already with all the scandals that have fallen under his administration.

Follow the money trail of deceive and corruption and you find who really finance the so call chemical weapons in Syria, the weapons didn't come from Iraq or Iran they were paid by the generosity of Obama and Kerry from the tax payers in the US

Now Obama is using propaganda as damage control, "Save the women and the littler children" What a whole bunch of crap.

And now people are wondering what it means the Credibility of Obama and the US as the "world leaders" guess what people US and the Obama administration are committing crimes against humanity funding tugs and terrorist because that is what the war machine and the corporate power in the nation wants, screw the women and the littler children

Obama pledges $195 million more in humanitarian aid to Syria, US total now exceeds $1 billion

The humanitarian aid follows recent approval of a U.S. aid package of weapons to Syrian rebels aimed at reversing recent battlefield gains by President Bashar Assad (bah-SHAR' AH'-sahd).

www.startribune.com...

Is just amazing to see how the US propaganda machine wants to sugar coat the mistakes and crimes against humanity that the tax payer dollars finance across the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join