It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link=Save??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
About 4x out of 10, when I click on a link I am asked if I want to save/download this file...I know it's w/in my 'puter, but where? What would cause that?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
what browser do you use?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you havn't already download adaware and spybot search and destory

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Currently, I am using IE, but given the recent probs, I'm considering the switch to FF(FireFox).
Is it my browser??

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Could it be the prompt to download Flash?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was replying when asked about spyware...

I use Spybot, among others, just about everytime I get off the internet. Last check, it found nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No, it's not Flash. That's already taken care of.

It's the download prompt and will say the file of whatever link I just clicked on.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do you have one of those new mouses with thousands of buttons? Maybe the button configuration is screwed up....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lol - NO WAY!!!

Simple mouse. Two buttons, one scroller.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It happens to me to, once in a while, but simply because I'm always trying to clic too fast, and the "open in new window" and "save target" button in the scroll-menu are too close one from another

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, I'm not that "clickhappy"!! (maybe s/times)

I don't know. There's also a browser issue - when I click back (only on ATS), I am routed somewhere totally different. Not everytime, tho.

I'm trying to learn more keyboard commands, as is needed more for my other OS; So I don't click as fast as I used to. Plus, when you go from page to page, there's a relatively small area to click on (the numbers) and I'm quite precise. The last time it did it, the download box came up and the filename said: pg1!! WTF?

Maybe all this will stop w/ a new browser????

[edit on 11/12/2004 by Juanita]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Giant Antispyware owns all over Spybot. It has all the same features, but picks up a heap of stuff that Spybot overlooks. Free trial version here. Run a "deep file scan" with all browsers closed, delete everything that looks nasty and see if the problem goes away. Immunize your system after the scan and deletes are completed.

You may have inadvertantly installed a download accelerator/manager of some sort. Some can mess with downloading and opening new pages if you use the right click functions. Search through your installed programs for anything that might be a download manager/accelerator using Giant, rather than the Windows control panel "add/remove progs". Windows doesn't list them all. Uninstall any that look suspicious (be sure to read the prog description on the right carefully before uninstalling anything!!) Uninstall any browser toolbars/Internet helpers.

If this doesn't work try reinstalling IE from the Microsoft website.

Hope you sort out the prob. Good luck!

top topics

join