It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks on Syria Imminent?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xMJRx

They're talking about hitting command and control. That would be military leadership and any infrastructure that is required to support command and control. Disrupting command and control includes hitting infrastructure which supports human life, since the Syrian command and control are humans who need to eat they'll disrupt food distribution, since the leadership needs fuel, they will hit that aspect also, Since they need communications they will hit the electrical grid and any other power infrastructure that supports it.

People that have nothing to do with it will be harmed because they are all in need of the same stuff. Doesn't matter if a pig is wearing lipstick, it's still a pig.

War Pigs, lowlife scum of the earth.

This aspect of warfare is precisely the reason that after extensive military training, after I began to understand exactly what my job was, that I got myself out of the military. It's one thing to feel guilty about doing something when it's not completely understood what one is doing, and completely another to keep on doing it after one realizes how wrong it is.
edit on 31-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: vat

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Possible targets

Fixed SAM sites

Fixed RADAR sites

Army units

Possible Damascus sites

Source for info

Hope that helps

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
I think Obama going for the big guy in this so called limited attack, and going straight for Assad and family,

Reports are that they are safe in Iran. I don't know if that's true .. but that's what is being reported.
And I wouldn't doubt it ...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thursday, No moon.

They won't likely to attack when the light of the moon would make them easily seen.

If there is going to be an attack, it would be at night, and when the moon would not give them away.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Really all that one would need to do is threaten corporations that supply everything thing the country needs to function.

They could simply be talking about sanctions again, while they ramp up the propaganda for getting support later by the general public, and then attack after the moo-cow public approves.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes, but why?

What exactly would killing say 100 sam operators do?

Its got nothing to do with chemical weapons at all. Seems like murder as a token gesture.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
firstly... any attack on Syria by the USA will be an illegal act

the big push to get a very limited and very surgical (illegal ) missile strike on chemical weapons caches is a load of BS on every level
as without UN or Security Council notification, Congressional approval, or even world opinion on 0bama's side ...any intrusion into Syrian airspace is illegal and an act of war

now on the info-wars loop of news.. there were citizen reports that B-I and Stealth Bombers are all heading to east coast starting points... rumor is that the aircrafts are being loaded with bunker busters so as to destroy all the Assad deep bunker command facilities and Assads known hideouts...to destroy all his regime keeping infrastructure which he depends upon

thus the ultimate chessmove of destroying all the Assad assets that keep him in power...

but leaving all the arms & gas at the hands of the FSA Radicals to pillage and use on the remaining troops and loyalists of Assad including all the Muslim Alawites see: www.30-days.net...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

You have been watching too much BBC. Get onto youtube and see the vile atrocities the rebels have been commiting. (including chemical attacks in January)

Im about to go to work so dont have time to link here....search and you will find many reports.

We would be fools to intervene. What happened to international condemnation of BOTH sides to force some kind of cease fire and peace talks. Bombing the country means killing people. We would be as bad as them. It is NEVER the solution. I wish my fellow British people would stop watching the BBC. After the Libya lies they had to appologise for (not to the Uk, in fact it wasnt even reported in the UK. On BBC world they were showing appologies every hour) Im surprised they are allowed to continue broadcasting news.
edit on 31-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

The missiles cost money, both the ones being hit, and the ones doing the hitting. The ordinance must be replaced after it is used or destroyed. Human life isn't even a consideration when a cruise missile costs how much?, aside from the fact it is produced for the sole purpose of destroying and killing.

Take a look at the stock values of the weapons makers right now, they be spikin....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

loving the Dali Lama quote in the signature.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by snapperski
I think Obama going for the big guy in this so called limited attack, and going straight for Assad and family,

Reports are that they are safe in Iran. I don't know if that's true .. but that's what is being reported.
And I wouldn't doubt it ...
Yeah, there is no chance he will still be in Syria, he has probably left there months ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

radar. They are firing missiles from ships. No reports of stealth fighters.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Someone asked for a list of possible targets

That's a list of possible targets

Taking out SAM sites frees up the air for lower level attacks

As does the radar sites

Personally I'd hit communications first confusion is a great friend to the attacker

However Syria reputedly has the S-300 SAM

The S-300 is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems currently fielded.[3] Its radars have the ability to simultaneously track up to 100 targets while engaging up to 12. S-300 deployment time is five minutes.[3] The S-300 missiles are sealed rounds and require no maintenance over their lifetime.

Worth taking out I think you'll agree
Source

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Wasn't there a "Get the heck uotta Dodge Alert" a week or so ago?.
Maybe those embassy closures were a practice run disguised as something else.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I agree when you said
"firstly... any attack on Syria by the USA will be an illegal act"
But who is going to enforce the U.N.'s guidelines? No-one is willing to stand up against the U.S.A. so they can do whatever they please without any comeback whatsoever because they are the world police.
When, as you said, the F.S.A. eventually inherit Syrian W.M.D.'s that's when they will be seen by the West as the new enemy, until then the poor saps can run wild raping and killing and gassing rabbits as much as they like.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just a point of interest. Dont slam me for this, I just thought it was relevant....

In the book of Isiah, it states the Egyptian people would turn against each other, and Damascus would become a ruinous heap.....creepy.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Doesn't really make sense to hit SAM sites if nobody's committing troops to the theatre, no need for air support or transport.

Costs money to make more SAM's though, looks like a proxy war / profit making endeavor.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

They said they aren't going for Assad. I don't know though. Last time I explained that Ghaddafi would be killed because they couldn't allow him to speak and I was right. Assad however has never stopped talking. So maybe he isn't a target as the gov said.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He may not since its supposed to be surgical. I kinda expect it in about 5 to 7 hours. I also heard a lot of Syrians were on the move.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner

The missiles cost money, both the ones being hit, and the ones doing the hitting. The ordinance must be replaced after it is used or destroyed. Human life isn't even a consideration when a cruise missile costs how much?, aside from the fact it is produced for the sole purpose of destroying and killing.

Take a look at the stock values of the weapons makers right now, they be spikin....

I get that its probably good for Almaz-Antey and its good for Raytheon stock. Not so good for the dead, the taxpayer and does not a damned thing to address the purported reason for the strikes in the first place.

This assumes Assad just takes it and doesn't do any counter productive responses. Which i don't think he will.

As I said seems mostly like murder to avoid embarrassment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join