It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone troubles. Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm a relatively new member, although I've been visiting the site for quite some time now. I posted my first thread the other day, and starting about 6 hours later my cell phone started acting very odd. A distinct echo, approx. 1/2 second after I talk I hear what I had just said. The people I'm speaking to do not hear it. Also alot of clicking. I've had this same phone for 2 years, and changed nothing. Is this a cooincidence?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Paranoia I think, the goverment knew long before you registered you were viewing this site

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah I'm sure that they did know I was viewing. I'm not a paranoid person by nature, however it is a major coincidence none the less. The difference is amazingly distinct.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Bad cellphone, that's all. Please get it fixed asap so that we can understand what you are saying.

Thank You.
Association of Mossad, MI6, and CIA Spooks.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very nice!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I had a similar problem, but it didn't occur on all calls, just some of them.

What model is your phone ?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's a Nokia - not sure of the model number though. I've had it for almost 2 years.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
It's a Nokia - not sure of the model number though. I've had it for almost 2 years.

Nokias fall apart after a few months, I have one and I think it is possesed by the devil. It gave me problems like that long before I started viewing ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
An echo effect is caused by the frequency and antenna not really matching up very well. Its called "square-waving" by those in the business and is usually the result of a faulty transmitter or antenna in the phone. Sometimes this occurs as a result of a problem at the cell site so make sure to ask the tech to check it with another phone on the same freq. before condemning your phone.

As for Nokias, I've had a couple of them and a Motorola and I prefer the Nokias. The best were the old CDMA 5165 models which were indestructable but with the new GSM networks, they are not as durable but lighter and smaller. Nokia also makes a couple models that cross reference both networks called GAIT phones. I have the 6340i. Its a good phone without color screen and all the bells a whistles which just seem to drain battery life. It may be a good alternative if you are on the boundary between GSM and CDMA coverage as I am. My area is rural so some parts are GSM and some haven't quite made it yet. My phone detects and uses the strongest.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Nokias fall apart after a few months, I have one and I think it is possesed by the devil.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just use a friend's phone to check your simcard/phone out by swapping sim cards for a test.

My hunch is it is your phone that is faulty......

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I had a TDMA phone that once, on a cell call, kinda went weird.

(yes, it was a Nokia)

At first I thought it was doing its usual "out of range" lossy connection crap, but then it started making weird noises and it seemed to lock onto someone else's conversation!

I heard both sides of a conversation... but the two sides couldn't hear me... it was the oddest thing.

Never happened again.

What could that've been caused by?

top topics

join